Did Theon deserve Ramsay's treatment?

LdOfWfll

I dont know if this is true, but I read a theory the other day that the miller's wife was the same one Theon had been sleeping with while he was a ward at WF. And that the 2 boys he killed were actually his sons!!!

Even if that is true, to the OP, NO. Being tortured like that is worse than the 7 circles of hell (I imagine) would be. And while Theon deserved death, he did not deserve that. If he had tortured the children before he killed them then maybe I would feel differently........

I think a better question would be;

Does Ramsay deserve to get the same treatment back to him that he has been dealing out to Theon and all those poor women he hunted down and chewed off their breasts and gods know what else??

Does Ramsay deserve to get slowly skinned, mutilated, raped, beaten, hunted and tortured like he has done to so many others?

Personally I don't think he did. I can see Theon's reasons for what he did, like laying siege to Winterfell. He wanted to prove himself, I'm sure. Show his Father he was an Ironborn, worthy of being Balon's heir. He seized the opportunity to take Winterfell and prove himself.

Of course he betrayed Robb. It would appear evil to do what he done. There of course had to be a punishment too, but I don't think he deserved the one he got. Not the one from Ramsay.

What do you think?

He deserved that and more.

I dont know if this is true, but I read a theory the other day that the miller's wife was the same one Theon had been sleeping with while he was a ward at WF. And that the 2 boys he killed were actually his sons!!!

Even if that is true, to the OP, NO. Being tortured like that is worse than the 7 circles of hell (I imagine) would be. And while Theon deserved death, he did not deserve that. If he had tortured the children before he killed them then maybe I would feel differently........

I think a better question would be;

Does Ramsay deserve to get the same treatment back to him that he has been dealing out to Theon and all those poor women he hunted down and chewed off their breasts and gods know what else??

Does Ramsay deserve to get slowly skinned, mutilated, raped, beaten, hunted and tortured like he has done to so many others?

As vile as Ramsay is, and I'd be more than happy to see his head cut right off and placed on a spear, I still can't bring myself to agree that he should be tortured. I might just be a bit soft, but I don't like nor approve of the torture of anyone, no matter how horrible they are.

The secret to answering t this questions is understanding that it doesn't matter what Theon did or whether or not I like Theon and/or what Theon did. No action or series of actions makes Ramsey's behavior tolerable in a civilized society, irrespective of what I think of Theon.

Look at this way: Stannis has said many times that he is the rightful King AND that him "wanting" to be King has NOTHING to do with this.

I dislike Theon; but whether or not I like Theon has nothing to do with it.

And it doesn't matter who he did it TO.

I don't see how anyone could think that Theon's punishment, in any circumstance, isn't grossly disproportional to the crime. No way he deserved all hat torture, he's suffered more than just about any living character.

It's ;highly disturbing that there are people out there who think he deserved this.

No one deserves that.

I ain't a believer in capital punishment but in Westeros Theon should have got the axe or the NW.

He may have actually been useful in the NW and got a redemption of sorts.

Jaime also tried to kill Bran and I don't see many people saying he should be executed for it, let alone reeked. Even people who dislike Jaime would prefer he join the NW as punishment than be killed. The Hound killed children and there is even less call for him to be punished. I think this is due to people supporting strong characters (even is they are only strong due to the situation they are in) and looking down on weak characters as though they are still in high school bitching about the kids at the bottom of the pecking order in a way they never would do to the popular kids.

I don't see how anyone could think that Theon's punishment, in any circumstance, isn't grossly disproportional to the crime. No way he deserved all hat torture, he's suffered more than just about any living character.

It's ;highly disturbing that there are people out there who think he deserved this.

And even then, a modern audience thinks it was bad of Theon to (let) kill the miller's boys, but that's not even why the Northerners are mad about, they could care less about some peasants themselves. Stuff like that probably happens a lot during wars in Westeros. Hell, if Aegon is real, some lowborn baby got butchered in his stead.

The secret to answering t this questions is understanding that it doesn't matter what Theon did or whether or not I like Theon and/or what Theon did. No action or series of actions makes Ramsey's behavior tolerable in a civilized society, irrespective of what I think of Theon.

I take all of Ramsay's actions as parts of a whole. His treatment of Lady Hornwood, letting his dogs savagely kill the women he lets "escape" from his castle, the whole bit. All his actions are abominable, not just his treatment of Theon.

In the context of the book there are plenty of people who receive treatment they don't deserve. Falyse Stokeworth and the Blue Bard have done less than Theon but are treated as badly if not worse.

No one deserves that.

I ain't a believer in capital punishment but in Westeros Theon should have got the axe or the NW.

He may have actually been useful in the NW and got a redemption of sorts.

Jaime also tried to kill Bran and I don't see many people saying he should be executed for it, let alone reeked. Even people who dislike Jaime would prefer he join the NW as punishment than be killed. The Hound killed children and there is even less call for him to be punished. I think this is due to people supporting strong characters (even is they are only strong due to the situation they are in) and looking down on weak characters as though they are still in high school bitching about the kids at the bottom of the pecking order in a way they never would do to the popular kids.

I think it's more about his "horrific betrayal of the Starks".

To answer the original question, no. And no, he didn't betray the Starks either (*cough* hostage *cough*).

Ramsay made Theon into his new Reek. That means that Ramsay has some weird fascination/camaraderie with theon to make him like that.

Its not so much torture as a transformation against his will.

I have wondered if Ramsay (beneath the sheer sadism) actually had a homosexual desire for Theon, or at least an intense feeling of jealousy that motivated him to be so obsessed with his victim.

He had two innocent little boys killed.

Archived