Did Theon deserve Ramsay's treatment?

LdOfWfll

He had two innocent little boys killed.

He let Ramsay kill the boys. It was a bad thing to do. However, they had quick deaths. He didn't slowly torture them, flaying them piece by piece until they had to beg for their flayed body parts to be cut off. They weren't starved, castrated, forced to sleep with dogs in a dungeon, dressed in rags and refused baths. This over a year and a half.

He let Ramsay kill the boys. It was a bad thing to do. However, they had quick deaths. He didn't slowly torture them, flaying them piece by piece until they had to beg for their flayed body parts to be cut off. They weren't starved, castrated, forced to sleep with dogs in a dungeon, dressed in rags and refused baths. This over a year and a half.

He ordered it for no reason other than to put on a show for WF. The only regret I have about what happened to Theon is that it didn't end in his death.

Would I have ordered the torture of Theon? No. But if you're asking if I have any sympathy for him being tortured? Also, no.

Well, I think an argument can be made that many of the Nobles deserve to die from all of the Major Houses. Even the honorable Starks. How many commonfolk families do you think are distressed about their wars destroying their villages?

So you condone the use of torture then?

edit - because the question isn't do you feel sorry for him, it's did he deserve it. To me, your answer implies that you think he does deserve it for killing those kids.

Sure, he deserved it for killing those kids and others at WF. For betraying Robb and Ned and for just being a general all round douche.

Well, I think an argument can be made that many of the Nobles deserve to die from all of the Major Houses. Even the honorable Starks. How many commonfolk families do you think are distressed about their wars destroying their villages?

I agree. If there was justice in Westeros, the regular folks would rise up against the lords and bury all of them.

^ Theon 'betraying' Robb was no more a betrayal than Stannis betraying Aerys to fight at Robert's side. Theon was there hostage against his will and owed them nothing.

Then he should've said that to them instead of pledging his loyalty to them.

Sure, he deserved it for killing those kids and others at WF. For betraying Robb and Ned and for just being a general all round douche.

Well, I can agree with that much.

I agree. If there was justice in Westeros, the regular folks would rise up against the lords and bury all of them.

And I can agree with this. The smallfolk deserve better.

Then he should've said that to them instead of pledging his loyalty to them.

He never did. You're thinking about the show.

We saw some of that during the riot in King's Landing, and it wasn't pretty. The rape of Lollys itself attests to how much 'justice' there is in rising against the noble class.

No one deserves that.

I also think Theon was a moron for his actions but at the same time, I can understand why he was desperate for his fathers approval and have a degree of sympathy for him.

If I was aware he hadn't burned down Winterfell then I would send him to the Wall. Yes, he had two little boys killed (tedious crime) but people have been sent to the Wall for more than that. This is an effective punishment- he would be able to reflect on his poor choices, his fathers dismissal (knowing he would have been better of with Robb) and continue his life as the inglorious heir that never was.

There is no way you are going to get consensus on this question or find any of the answer relevant to your own morality. I for one hope drunk drivers scream in hell for thousands of years. A guy who murders two little kids and a few other people can scream in utter desolation for tens of thousands of years. Alas, I am not religious and do not believe that Hell exists, I just hope it does. So, in the interim, I will settle for stuff like this happening to people like Theon. The problem is, humans, like Ramsay, who are willing to do this to other people are even worse, so there is no great answer here.

I really hope they both die, the people who hope he takes the Seastone chair boggle my mind, he did kill two little kids, lol

Archived