Did Theon deserve Ramsay's treatment?

LdOfWfll

The double standard required for anyone to say "yes" to that question is quite beyond belief. I can't fathom how the people who manage to post that isn't simply trolling.

And for the record, Theon didn't murder anyone, he was an accessory to Ramsay murdering the two boys. Still terrible, as he himself realizes, but nowhere near the demonization people on these boards like to perform.

The reason Theon especially doesn't deserve what he got is.... Ramsay's not punishing him for anything. He's just doing it for fun.

I agree with those that said Theon either should have been executed, or forced to join the NW. But no one deserves the Ramsay treatment.

The reason Theon got what he got was because of who had him. If one of the Lords of Westeros had him it would have ended more quickly but there still would have been some torture prior to the execution. Being held by Ramsey, a psychopath with no one to have to answer to, in a land and time and culture that doesn't frown on torture......... It's probably only shocking and despicable to people such as us. Torture is the norm in Westeros culture. Ramsey just took it to another level because he could.

The reason Theon got what he got was because of who had him. If one of the Lords of Westeros had him it would have ended more quickly but there still would have been some torture prior to the execution. Being held by Ramsey, a psychopath with no one to have to answer to, in a land and time and culture that doesn't frown on torture......... It's probably only shocking and despicable to people such as us. Torture is the norm in Westeros culture. Ramsey just took it to another level because he could.

It depends on who took him, but I'm pretty sure most wouldn't have tortured him.

What SF said. It really doesn't matter and has nothing to do with anything, so why are you bringing it up? What's your point?

I didn't bring it up, I was following along with a slight thread derailment, exactly like you are doing right now.

And I lied about repeating the point a 3rd time, you already know what it is.

Theon taking WF is +baddass points. NOT -points

okay, stupid post, on my part!

i was responding to some of the unjust criticisms that theon was getting for taking WF. As if the lad was doing something horrible and messed up. He wasnt! He's fighting a war on behalf of his family. I just did it a stupid way, for that, ill apologize

Archived