Did Theon deserve Ramsay's treatment?

LdOfWfll

What Theon did deserved is totally irrelevant imo.

Ramsay utterly destroyed him in mind and body because Theon was everything Ramsay could never be, Highborn and true heir of a great house, had some success with the ladies (least in the books), charming and handsome.

While Ramsay was a ugly psycho bastard who could never approach a girl if he hadnt his boys and a pack of hound.

And he had to act as Theon's sidekick for weeks, being berated and treated like the piece of crap he was. It was unearable for the true scion of the dreadfort.

Theon ordered some killings (10?) to fit the greyjoy reputation, because he was an outcast tainted by the "green lands".

He falsely believed that killing children and conquering a capital city largely undefended would change this status.

Only to see his sis poke fun at him. No + badass point.

He had hope he would be famous and feared amongst both the ironborn and the northerners, but he's only kwown as a turncloak, Ramsay's pet, and a kinslayer.

Whatsoever, Ramsay didnt flayed him for the murders of the starks children, since he knows it was a lie, and he boasted, if Bran or Rickon reapper, his dogs would tear the dire wolwes apart.

To conclude, you never get what you deserve, because Ramsay really deserved to be slowly hacked to pieces, and it wont probably happen, even if Stannis get him alive.

It depends on who took him, but I'm pretty sure most wouldn't have tortured him.

to get this back on topic, ill pick on u LEE SENSEI :ninja:

while i agree with your overall view on the matter (your posts on this thread)

I disagree that he wouldnt get any sort of torture, in fact, imo, any and all would have tortured him. He's a valuable hostage, if taken alive, who knows "things" (but really doesnt, haha, but they dont know that) and the more he helf off the more he would get. BY NO MEANS WOULD IT BE RAMSAY LEVEL but still torture. maybe starvation and stuff like that.

side note:

haha, You have a very intimidating avatar and username :thumbsup: :cheers:

to get this back on topic, ill pick on u LEE SENSEI :ninja:

while i agree with your overall view on the matter (your posts on this thread)

I disagree that he wouldnt get any sort of torture, in fact, imo, any and all would have tortured him. He's a valuable hostage, if taken alive, who knows "things" (but really doesnt, haha, but they dont know that) and the more he helf off the more he would get. BY NO MEANS WOULD IT BE RAMSAY LEVEL but still torture. maybe starvation and stuff like that.

side note:

haha, You have a very intimidating avatar and username :thumbsup: :cheers:

I don't know. He's still a valuable hostage, like you said. Tywin, for instance was considering having him as a possible second husband for Cersei so they can get a half Lannister with a claim to the Iron Islands. Usually, highborn hostages aren't tortured.

I don't talk about him much, but Davos is one of my favorite characters. Every time he opens his mouth he has something awesome to say. "Ser Jared of House Frey, I name you liar."

• 1 month later...

What Theon did deserved is totally irrelevant imo.

Ramsay utterly destroyed him in mind and body because Theon was everything Ramsay could never be, Highborn and true heir of a great house, had some success with the ladies (least in the books), charming and handsome.

While Ramsay was a ugly psycho bastard who could never approach a girl if he hadnt his boys and a pack of hound.

And he had to act as Theon's sidekick for weeks, being berated and treated like the piece of crap he was. It was unearable for the true scion of the dreadfort.

Theon ordered some killings (10?) to fit the greyjoy reputation, because he was an outcast tainted by the "green lands".

He falsely believed that killing children and conquering a capital city largely undefended would change this status.

Only to see his sis poke fun at him. No + badass point.

He had hope he would be famous and feared amongst both the ironborn and the northerners, but he's only kwown as a turncloak, Ramsay's pet, and a kinslayer.

Whatsoever, Ramsay didnt flayed him for the murders of the starks children, since he knows it was a lie, and he boasted, if Bran or Rickon reapper, his dogs would tear the dire wolwes apart.

To conclude, you never get what you deserve, because Ramsay really deserved to be slowly hacked to pieces, and it wont probably happen, even if Stannis get him alive.

Though if the god is good, he will certainly get death by fire.

Personally I don't think he did. I can see Theon's reasons for what he did, like laying siege to Winterfell. He wanted to prove himself, I'm sure. Show his Father he was an Ironborn, worthy of being Balon's heir. He seized the opportunity to take Winterfell and prove himself.

Of course he betrayed Robb. It would appear evil to do what he done. There of course had to be a punishment too, but I don't think he deserved the one he got. Not the one from Ramsay.

What do you think?

I think he did, he went after kids,on his own, because he was jealous of his sister. He was to harry the shore not seize Winter fell then he couldn't keep it and trusted someone he didn't know to just give it to him. He basically followed in his fathers footsteps of failed rebellion like the northern Lords would let him keep winter fell or help him and not take it for themselves. He opened the door and got it slammed in his face. The terms he gave his father were good when his dad declined he should have went back to Robb.

No. The middle ages were a harder time than what we're used to and the things those people did back then might be appalling to us, but even they only tortured people when they felt they had a reason to do so and they didn't purely do it for their own amusement, which is what Ramsay did.

Ramsay's behavior is unacceptable, even according to the standards of Westeros.

I don't think Theon deserved what that psychopath Ramsay did to him. It's hard to see a person so thoroughly destroyed. But I must say that while I feel tremendous pity for him, that pity has not led to liking him as these scenarios often do. I thought he was a jackass prior to the Ramsay torture and he still hasn't moved into my like column when I think of his own transgressions. But I do feel sorry for him.

I don't think Theon deserved what that psychopath Ramsay did to him. It's hard to see a person so thoroughly destroyed. But I must say that while I feel tremendous pity for him, that pity has not led to liking him as these scenarios often do. I thought he was a jackass prior to the Ramsay torture and he still hasn't moved into my like column when I think of his own transgressions. But I do feel sorry for him.

:cheers:

A very astute post.

Archived