The Great Councils

RumHam

Right now we have a page for The Great Council of 233 (just called Great Council) and another for the Great Council of 101. I can't find anything on the only other known great council, the one that passed over Rhaenys. Shouldn't they all be on one page that lists the three known times a great council was called?

Right now we have a page for The Great Council of 233 (just called Great Council) and another for the Great Council of 101. I can't find anything on the only other known great council, the one that passed over Rhaenys. Shouldn't they all be on one page that lists the three known times a great council was called?

I believe that the event where Rhaenys was passed over (in 92AC) wasn't a Great Council, but just Jaehaerys setting his inheritance line. If that had been a Great Council as well, I think it would have been named such in the Princess and the Queen.

Of course, it does deserve it's own page, but I'm not sure what to call it.

The Princess and the Queen describes it like this:

Ironrod, the master of laws, cited the Great Council of 11 and the Old King’s choice of Baelon rather than Rhaenys in 92,

Had the event in 92AC been a Great Council as well, it would have been called such, and not be described as "the Old King's choice", I think.

If they both have their own pages now, and those pages are very short (can't check that at the moment, but looking at the information I recall having been mentioned about them, I'd say they can't possibly be very long), than they could be merged into one, with the top of the page explaining what the concept is, followed by the two Great Councils that we know of in detail.

Archived