[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

I can't decide. Obviously she didn't get on the boat, so has Bronn turned at this point?

My guess is Varys, Bronn mentions Varys in the scene, I think.

I really disliked this. Back to Shae Superwoman Whore. She loves Tyrion and WTF? He thinks it's better to tell her he wants her to leave because she's a whore instead of to save her life? When did he get this stupid?

My impression was that Shae would go scorched earth on Tyrion for revenge.

Oooh, though, I really like Chebyshov's idea that Bronn is already bought off and is already lying to Tyrion about Shae. Nice.

yes, i was wondering about that. "i saw her to the ship and i wasn't followed." yeah, right.

anyway, i don't like how they played that scene, it felt really unrealistic to have shae crying while tyrion's lying. the whole thing didn't flow, imho. but they had to get shae to turn somehow.

I really disliked this. Back to Shae Superwoman Whore. She loves Tyrion and WTF? He thinks it's better to tell her he wants her to leave because she's a whore instead of to save her life? When did he get this stupid?

If he tells her it's to save her life, she'll just protest that she can protect herself etc.

He's being cruel to be kind.

He knew she might not leave if he told her the truth, and that he still loved her.

Joffrey should have been coughing before he drank the wine. That would have made it more ambiguous as to who murdered Joffrey. Here, they seem to try to make it more clear cut that it was Tyrion, even though there doesn't seem to have been any opportunity to poison the wine.

Well Tyrion touches the cup and wine, Sansa touches the cup and the thorn in the Lions paw is sitting right next to the cup when Tyrion picks it up off the table to give to Joff. They make sure she is in the shot.

Now for a moment of silence to honor the legendary King Joffrey Baratheon first of his name, hero of the Black water, who single handedly defeated all five Kings without breaking a sweat, who exposed and Ned Stark for the treasonous bastard he was, who gave the evil Sansa a proper beating, the god king to whom the world bent the knee. His kind heart that gave Jobs to dwarves when no one else would, who fed the belligerent peasants with a firm hand and love instead of things like pretentious food, who took in a Queen who had lost her king and made her his wife, who out smarted Tyrion the stupid evil dwarf time and time again. The man the myth the modern day warrior King Joffrey Baratheon who may now rule the seven heavens as he once ruled the seven kingdoms.

The character assassination of Stannis is mind-blowing. Kin-slaying over a religion he is not totally devout to? Really stupid move by D&D. They should have kept the fact that Lord Florent tried to betray Stannis to the Lannisters and thus it was a justifiable execution.

Edited by FNF

is it possible that she did geto n the boat, but was somehow redirected or Vayrs had someone bring her back ?

This would make sense if Varys really did plant her in Tywin's tower like some people suspect.

Ohhh you missed the part where Lady O fussed with Sansa then. Watch the repeat.

She clearly plucks at the necklace. Which isn't obvious if you aren't looking, but they did make a point of Sansa touching the cup.

And actually, there's a HUGE audio clue: As the QoT walks by the main table after touching Sansa's necklace (there's also a quick scene of the necklace WITHOUT one of the gems, you can see the empty gem holder), she drops her hand, and you can hear a "plink" as she drops the gem into something (I think it was the wine bottle itself). It's rather subtle, I had to rewind to listen again.

EDIT: Grammar fixes.

Edited by Skywarpgold

No. Sigur Ros lol.

Btw the two unsullied I watched it with think Oberyn had something to do with the poisoning since he hates Lannisters so much.

you know, i sort of got that vibe, too. perhaps d&d is going with the "who dunnit" strategy?

nah. they've really been super explicit about stuff.

I'm back to thinking they're going to have Tywin kill Shae and it will be a total total whitewash of the whole thing.

I'm getting worried about this too. How bad would it be if Shae was kidnapped by Cersei/Tywin and forced to testify against Tyrion and then raped by Tywin, but when Tyrion finds her he doesn't believe her? Or is that a good thing?