[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

And darkside Tyrion discarding Shae. That's going to be ugly.

Wasn't it sort of the emotional equivalent of Arya chucking rocks at Nymeria to drive her off, though? I don't think he would have told her any of that unless he thought it was the only way to sever the relationship.

The show outdid the books in the dwarf contest and the Reek-Ramsay-Roose scenes. The War of a Five Kings was so...Joffrey

Finally someone at HBO who can do makeup for a strangling...looking at you, The Wire.

Didn't Final Joffrey look JUST LIKE FINAL JACK TORRANCE?? Only warmer.

Once again I disagree with an actor characterizing her scene even though I thought she did it just right. I interpreted Brienne's reaction to be horror in the face of such bad manners from a virtual stranger. She's all about propriety and honor. Her personal feelings re: romance aren't to be discussed, even with herself, no matter what they are.

Lady Olenna looked suspicious to me but I was watching her. So if guilt was supposed to be more ambiguous I missed it.

I was ready to watch the episode and a friend fainted. FAINTED. In front of me... it was awful. By the time we got her home I only managed to see the end, when Joffrey started to choke.

It

Was

AWFUL.

which mean, it was AMAZING. Long live the cunt King.

And Jack Gleeson, you will be missed, kiddo. I've never felt so much joy hating someone.

Then why did the poisoning take so long?

It didn't take that long. The QoT slipped the poison in as Joffrey was cutting the pie. He took a drink and then cut pie. Olenna was right behind him on the dais.

The word infidel has such a loaded meaning i cant even start. Its heavily linked with terrorists. I will stop complaining, but man, they may as well have had him talk about his "final solution" for westeros.

GRRM did write the episode I wonder why he choose to make the a changes he did.

No one missed that scene - you could see that all the stones were still there.

Unless that was the reason they changed the stones to pale blue instead of deep purple, so we would miss the fact a stone was missing.

No, I saw that the necklace's stones extended under her fancy King's Landing style "hair did" so it wasn't obvious.

Wasn't it sort of the emotional equivalent of Arya chucking rocks at Nymeria to drive her off, though? I don't think he would have told her any of that unless he thought it was the only way to sever the relationship.

Oh I know. It's a pretty dark way of ending the relationship regardless.

It looked to me like there was a stone missing from Sansa's necklace on her left side. Since it was on top of her dress it was hard to tell, but it looked like it was missing. Also was the dwarf that was playing Robb Stark actually Penny? I never saw a face and the voice sounded like a female imitating a male.

And actually, there's a HUGE audio clue: As the QoT walks by the main table after touching Sansa's necklace (there's also a quick scene of the necklace WITHOUT one of the gems, you can see the empty gem holder), she drops her hand, and you can hear a "plink" as she drops the gem into something (I think it was the wine bottle itself). It's rather subtle, I had to rewind to listen again.

EDIT: Grammar fixes.

Jeez and I was watching?! Have to review. What was that quick camera shot inside the pie right after Joffrey cut it? Looked like a dead pigeon.

Because we don't have the benefit of Tyrion's POV of the wedding where it's clear he has no involvement in what's happening, I think the show will clarify very quickly that Tyrion is innocent.

I can't imagine any show-only viewer thinking Tyrion was involved, considering how he's been characterized up to this point.

I really liked the scenes at the Dreadfort. As our primary villain has now passed, they set it up well so that the Bolton's are now stepping into that role. Liked the little shoulder bump Ramsay gives to Locke. I also burst out laughing when Podrick realizes the whore being checked out by Oberyn is the same one he banged last season.

Also repeated image of the snow-covered throne room. Seems more clearly a literal prophecy than something symbolic, especially when paired with the vision of the dragon flying over KL.

I loved Bran's visions in this episode. The dragon over the city, the throne room... I hope we see a lot more of them, to be honest. I love the dream-like quality.

I am wondering what to make about some of the Shae/Tyrion tweaks, I think that's the only thing I super disliked about this episode. So after she leaves Tyrion's, she goes to the ship with Bronn where Varys is. I wonder in what manner will she get to the TotH: voluntarily or forced?

I did like the Melisandre and Shireen scene. I love TV!Shireen, I hope she keeps getting screentime.

Led to the conclusion based on the show that Bronn has turned, I think someone else mentioned that. It wouldn't surprise me if he was working for Varys.

Mace Tyrell!!!! And the sets!!! <3 This is the kind of stuff I've been waiting for