[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

Initial thoughts:

All that Roose and Ramsay and Reek stuff was awesome. I loved that scene. Even though Theon may not exactly look like Reek should, he is certainly acting like it! Also loved that Bran scene, the snow looked so beautiful for some reason :lol: And very happy to see Meera again~ :laugh: And that look Loras and Oberyn shared :kiss: :leer: :P Lovin' it.

And Joffrey's face at the end. Oh god it was terrifying; perfect.

Time to watch again

It didn't take that long. The QoT slipped the poison in as Joffrey was cutting the pie. He took a drink and then cut pie. Olenna was right behind him on the dais.

The person to whom I was replying said that it was done immediately after she touched Sansa.

Loved the purple wedding. Although wish the necklace had been more "obvious"?

Nice character building on the Boltons, Reek, and three eyed crow.

BUT WHAT THE FUCK. They have continued to Butcher Stannis... like wtf wow. He burned them for TREASON, for making secret deals with the Lannisters, not for their religion. WTF!!! Thats totally BS. Stannis was never religious, he only uses Mel as a means to an end, he's never a believer himself. WTF. Fucking horrible.

I think the thing that confuses me the most is that it was GRRM who wrote this episode. Why would he change Stannis like that...

Edited by Belisarius09

It looked to me like there was a stone missing from Sansa's necklace on her left side. Since it was on top of her dress it was hard to tell, but it looked like it was missing.

i was really staring hard at it but in the end, i wasn't sure. if i'm not sure and i know it's coming, how are the unsullied going to catch it?

GRRM did write the episode I wonder why he choose to make the a changes he did.

He has to roll with what D&D do, just like how he made Shae appear strong in this episode. He can't all of a sudden make Stannis appear unyielding when the show makes him dependant on Mel in every single matter. If GRRM kept the reason for executing a Florent as him betraying Stannis to the Lannisters, it would have been fine. Instead, he dun-goofed and made him into a religious zealot, like D&D do.

i was really staring hard at it but in the end, i wasn't sure. if i'm not sure and i know it's coming, how are the unsullied going to catch it?

I think they wanted it to be ambiguous, but is bet next episode Sansa is going to comment on a missing jewel

I was ready to watch the episode and a friend fainted. FAINTED. In front of me... it was awful. By the time we got her home I only managed to see the end, when Joffrey started to choke.

It

Was

AWFUL.

which mean, it was AMAZING. Long live the cunt King.

And Jack Gleeson, you will be missed, kiddo. I've never felt so much joy hating someone.

Best post ever

GRRM's episode was a bit of a misfire last season but this one was pretty great. What a horribly uncomfortable wedding peppered in with some great character interaction and performances.

Very interesting they didn't have the reveal that Joffrey was behind the plot to kill Bran. I actually wondered last year if they would reveal this as they had showed Joffrey being an even greater shit on the show that revealing the Bran thing would garner no real surprise.

Looks like we're seeing the birth of Batshit Crazy Cersei. Not just the end with her father but her ability to make stupid decisions by deciding that the leftovers would go to the kennels instead of the poor.

Terrific performance by Peter Dinklage but I'm getting tired of the show portraying him as a total angel.

The Bolton interaction was shown and was a good look at how the minds of Roose and Ramsay function. Of course Ramsay and Locke would get along just great. Very interesting that the plotting against Jon is beginning now. This storyline should be good this year. Alfie Allen is handling the Reek stuff well.

Loved Loras burning Jaime with the "Neither will you!" line.

No dwarves on pigs but that "War of Five Kings" bit was brutal.

Sophie Turner didn't have much dialogue tonight but did a hell of a job with her non-verbal reactions.

Given the shows lack of subtlety, it was nice that they didn't give away who had poisoned Joffrey at all. Next week's preview seems to imply that Maegarey didn't know about it after all.

Best of luck to Jack Gleeson. He brought his best to the role tonight, showing Joffrey in all his degenerate "glory."

Nice. This is what I was looking for. Someone else who had a little more than one line to throw in. I apologize in advance if I start rambling since I'm sipping wine Cersei-style Feast of Crows time frame.

First off, I'm getting upset that the show is moving so fast (nvm the whole Arya-stabbing-Raf-in-the-throat-spoiler-the-show-did-before-the-book), but I actually liked this episode. Still think it's moving kinda fast, but.... oh well. (side note: DAMN! 14 NEW REPLIES WHILE I'M TYPING THIS!!! I'm gonna be up all night reading this thread).

Ok, 1) I didn't like the whole Reek-Ramsay POVs last season, but this episode was actually kinda cool (in my opinion), although I see the whole pink letter coming up WAY too quick.

2) Show Bronn is way more awesome than book Bronn, and I love book Bronn.

3) Tyrion breaking up with Shae. Shae is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO different from her book counterpart, it's ridiculous.

4) Up to 27 replies and I'm typing fast. This is ridiculous.

5) Did anyone else notice the scene with Oberyn saying "Hello..... Not you..." to Tyrion??? I'm loving the show Red Viper.

6) Purple wedding was actually cool BUT no word on Joff trying to kill Bran... dubz-tee-eff HBO?!?

7) I think I'm done, but all-in-all, this ep was cool. Wait... one more...

8) BRYNDEN RIVERS!!!

9) Just because it came up, 41 replies.... And might as well make it...

10) BRING BACK SYRIO FOREL!!!