[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

I think the shae set up is obvious. Brown and Shae never went to the ship. I watched season 2 again and the scene where Brown brings shae to tyrion asks where he got he. He say some prick two tents down. He was talking about theon. It was a setup since season two.

Theon?

Shit. Y'know what? Either that was foreshadowing for the Unsullied or it was a genuine mistake by GRRM (i'm thinking it might be the latter).

What, dwarfs can't have poetic license? Especially to please the King? Of course Lannisters know Balon is still around. That's why Roose is mopping him up. Problem considered solved.

As much as I hated Joff, I will miss Jack Gleeson. He is done acting now. He is so good I wish he would keep it up, but I totally respect his choice to leave it. He had an awesome death scene.

That young man did an outstanding job. He could have made Joffrey a one-note character; but he did develop him, from an insecure boy to a king who has become dangerously, uncontrollably, vicious to almost everyone. His acting tonight, especially the scenes with Joffrey, were excellent as well.

I didn't see it either, but I thought it happened when Joffrey was cutting the pigeon pie. Everyone's attention was on that.

After the QoT says something like "I have to return to my seat and eat some of this food I bought", they pan wide to show the whole dais, and she walks in front of Margery and Joffrey - it looks like she might drop something in the cup at the points...but it's so far panned out, it's pretty hard to see.

I haven't yet seen the episode but after reading all the StanFans' pain, maybe what they plan is to make him a villain or a dislikeable character so, at the end, when he actually saves the day, people is confused as fuck? Pretty much the Unsullied will have the same discussions we have here about Dany and the slavers, but instead, Stannis and the people who he got burnt.

How is your friend doing? Was it show-related anxiety or something else?

She's ok now. Paramedics got her home with her family. Apparently, she wasn't eating very well these days.

Guys, we've know about Sigur Rós covering the song for weeks. You can listen to the full version here. It's pretty cool.

Thanks for sharing. It was a good version. But I still think it would have been cool to have Jack or Sophie sing it.