Best Lines of 402

" A toast to the proud Lannister children. The dwarf , the cripple , and the mother of madness" - Tyrion.

" We have a new queen" - Sansa rolling eyes

" Better her than you" - Tyrion.

Entire Ramsay Reek- Roose scene.

All of Bran's visions

This was truly a great episode!!!

" A toast to the proud Lannister children. The dwarf , the cripple , and the mother of madness" - Tyrion.

" We have a new queen" - Sansa rolling eyes

" Better her than you" - Tyrion.

Entire Ramsay Reek- Roose scene.

All of Bran's visions

This was truly a great episode!!!

Oh, yes. Especially the first quote.

The whole episode had so many great lines, it's hard to pick one special quote.

I heard "Terminus" as well, and Terminus Est is the name of a sword in The Book of the New Sun series by Gene Wolfe. (GRRM has stated that Gene Wolfe is one of his influences.) :D

The other sword name mentioned was Wolfsbane. That's probably another fantasy reference.

That is GRRM's doing, no?

Jaime:"You will never marry my sister."

*Loras bro-slap on Jaime's arm.*

Loras:"...and neither will you.

BUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Oberyn and Ellaria's every breath burns a Lannister. The Roose is Loose.

Melisandre: "Women scream when they give birth, afterwards they are filled with joy."

Shireen:"Afterwards they aren't ash and bone."

Like father, like daughter.

It's a close call, but I have to give my vote to Oberyn's line to Cersei and Tywin about the rape and murder of women and children and the subtle jab that Myrcella is in Dorne's hands.

Loras to Jaime is second best IMO.

"Look for me! Beneath the Tree!" It was both creepy and playful. I hope they'll find an actor who nails

Brynden's role.

"Former Queen Regent"

"But you love him" (silence) You won't be able to push this one down a well.

"A pleasure, mother" :lol:

"Bastards are born of passion, aren't they? We don't despise them in Dorne.[...] In some places the highborn frown on those of low birth, in other places, the rape and murder of women and children is considered distasteful. What a fortunate thing for you, former Queen Regent, that your daughter, Myrcella, has been sent to live in the latter sort of a place." While this may be interpreted in all sorts of ways, I'm a bit intrigued by the emphasis placed on Myrcella being a bastard.

Oh and Cersei's (to Brienne) "But you love him (Jaime)."

… and Brienne didn't even deny it, staring right at poor confused Jaime.

I was like…. WTFFFFFFF?!! Not so fast!!

I liked that exchange as well. It figures that a woman like Cersei would figure it out straight away. Brienne was so wonderfully petrified and vulnerable, while Jamie was like - OMG. The two of them together looking at me. Danger ahead!

When Joffery asked the crowd what he should name his sword, the first and most audible shout was "Stormbringer"

Awesome shout out to Michael Moorcock

This, this, this, this. And would be appropriate for his supposed Baratheon-ness. Not to mention the whole war being his idiot fault, so he is the stormbringer.

I thought the emphasis was on her being a child (and the murdering of children being distasteful in Dorne).

That's why I said it has multiple meanings; Myrcella being a bastard is my favourite.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this:

Selyse: "Did you see, Ser Davos? They're with our lord now, their sins all burned away, did you see?"

Davos: "I'm sure they're more than grateful, my queen."

Oh, Davos.

EDIT: Also:

"I hate a good many things but I suffer them all the same."

I understand your pain, Stannis.

Archived