GOODKIND VIII: It's Not Terrorism If We Do It!

Werthead

You'll have to forgive the girl. She was too shocked with Richard's pwning of the Order's soldiers to be coherent.

Or maybe the reason she's called Six is because she can't count past six, so she just exaggerates. :dunno:

For the love that is holy and sacred, MM, tell me your joking. Richard did not just say that. :o

The reason she's called "Six"? Here it is:

Shota's countenance darkened. "It's a derogatory name. A witch woman sees many things in the flow of time, especially those things having to do with any daughters she might bear. For a witch woman, the seventh child is special. To name a child Six is to say that she falls short, that she is less than perfect. It's an open insult, from birth, for what a witch woman foresees of her daughter's character. It's a pronouncement that her daughter is flawed.

"Naming her Six probably earned the mother her own murder at the hands of that daughter."

~Terry Goodkind, Phantom

--Wolf Maid,

No, Richard didn't say that, although Zedd said something like that when he saw a little carving Richard had done. "He carved your spirit, I can see it!" Something dumb like that.

The Six/Cersei comparison - :rofl:. We can no longer hold Cersei up as the stupidest usurper! As for the reasons for her being called Six, did TG (BBHN) not see the inherent contradiction in his words? A witch woman can see the future, so she deliberately does something to her daughter that would cause her to murder her later? Duhhhhhhh...

The reason she's called "Six"? Here it is:

Shota's countenance darkened. "It's a derogatory name. A witch woman sees many things in the flow of time, especially those things having to do with any daughters she might bear. For a witch woman, the seventh child is special. To name a child Six is to say that she falls short, that she is less than perfect. It's an open insult, from birth, for what a witch woman foresees of her daughter's character. It's a pronouncement that her daughter is flawed.

"Naming her Six probably earned the mother her own murder at the hands of that daughter."

~Terry Goodkind, Phantom

What a wonderful example of filial love. :o

and as MinDonner noted, Duh.

So what happened to Six's other siblings?

No, Richard didn't say that, although Zedd said something like that when he saw a little carving Richard had done. "He carved your spirit, I can see it!" Something dumb like that.

Zedd makes it sound like Richard was Michaelangelo come to life...

The Six/Cersei comparison - :rofl:. We can no longer hold Cersei up as the stupidest usurper! As for the reasons for her being called Six, did TG (BBHN) not see the inherent contradiction in his words? A witch woman can see the future, so she deliberately does something to her daughter that would cause her to murder her later? Duhhhhhhh...

Hah! You're starting to think just like Richard.

"Then why would the mother so openly declare such a thing? Why not name the daughter something else and avoid the probability of her own murder."

Shota regarded him with a sad smile. "Because there are witch women who are believers in the truth, because truth will help others avoid danger. To such women, a lie would be the bud of much larger trouble that would grow from it. To us, truth is the only hope for the future. To us, the future is lfe."

Terry Goodkind, Phantom

Witch women are big fans of the truth and moral clarity all of a sudden, naming their children in a way that puts a big sign on them saying "beware, trouble!"

One might ask, "hey, why not just get an abortion?"

Yikes! More of this Original Sin argument - evil baby! Must be destroyed before it can become evil 8-year-old! Oh no, must continue to treat evil baby like shit so prophecy fulfills itself. Yawn, yawn.

It's been a slow day at work, so here we have (already) the Speech of Terry Goodkind to the Assembled Masses (transcript from last weekend's Terrycon):

Friends, D'Harans, countrymen, lend me your ears

(Those that still have them after Richard's visit);

I come to praise Richard, not to bury him.

The evil that men do lives after them;

The good is oft interred with their bones:

And yet some have all good and no evil in them.

So let it be with Richard. The noble Moose

Hath told you Richard was immoral:

If it were so, it was a moral necessity;

- For Moose is an honourable man -

Richard was my friend, faithful and just to me:

Never once did he kick me in the jaw.

He hath brought many captives home to D'Hara,

Whose bodies did the torture chambers fill:

Did this in Richard seem immoral?

When that the poor have cried, Richard hath laughed:

Immorality should be made of sterner stuff:

Yet Moose says he was immoral;

And Moose is an honourable man.

I speak not to disprove what Moose spoke,

But here I am to speak what I do know.

You all did love him once,—not without cause:

What cause withholds you, then, to buy my books?—

O judgment, thou art fled to brutish beasts,

Thou art too young and/or stupid to understand

And men have lost their reason!—Bear with me;

My heart is in the Midlands there with Richard,

And I must pause till it come back to me.

The "witch woman" keeps bugging me. Doesn't "witch" make the persons gender clear already? Is it really necessary to add woman on the end, every goddamn time?

And why isn't Richard called a war wizard man in that case?

WHUT? I found it very difficult to understand what Shota was trying to say.

So it's okay to endanger yourself by telling the truth. I think in Six's case, more harm was done with the truth than if you lied.

One might ask, "hey, why not just get an abortion?"

Because apparently, witch women are anti-abortion as it offends thier moral clarity and gets in the way of truth.

And My GOD, MinDonner, Shakespeare and Terry Goodkind. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I would say the world would soon come to an end, but we already have too many armageddon predictions, so I'll just skip it.

Shakespeare's bones must be turning over his grave right now.

I just want to say that Shota's name really disturbs me. It's similar a Japanese terms used to describe those who have a fetish or sexual interest on little boys.

MinDonner, I still can't get over that last parody. I think I may need to drink yet again...

The Immortal Mad Moose. Now you know all your sacrifices have not been in vain. :bow:

I don't know the intricate Ins and Outs of this whole "beat up the queen, become the queen" succession system...and I feel like I'm stating the obvious, but wouldn't that make Richard the Queen?

I mean, he broke that jaw in for Six when Violent was still a little girl...I'm under the impression that since he beat up the heir apparent, he (by default) became the next princess in line for the throne.

I'm not seeing any logical flaws here...

Bravo, MinDonner, Bravo!

I’m trying to follow Terry’s (BBHN) logic here on the naming of Six.

Individualism is all important. Without it you lack moral clarity.

Witches can see the future. They will name their children according to what they see.

Therefore, your individualism is predestined, because nothing a parent can do will influence how a child turns out.

Got it?

I’ve admitted I’m missing moral clarity and I know hate all that is good simply because it is good. But I don’t understand why Six wasn’t smothered at birth. According to my understanding of Terry (BBHN) philosophy, allowing Six to live is allowing evil to exist. That makes everyone that ever saw her as guilty of all her crimes as Six, herself.

I think the mother should’ve just tattooed Poor Impulse Controlled on her forehead. Then named her Hope. Maybe that would've saved Mom's life.

A question. What ultimate happens to Violet? Is she part of the main plot or is she used to illustrate of Terry’s (BBHN) philosophy on how to raise a child? Because as fall as I can tell she is only around to be slapped and kicked.

So what happened to Six's other siblings?

Ahhhhhhh...now I see where we're going here. TG is setting up the next story after the Chianfire Trilogy (since we know that the series won't really end, TG will need a pool at some point!). A few years after the last book end, Richard and Kahlan will be roaming across the midlands acting as the moral compasses that they are and dispensing justice where needed and swinging with your average farm couples (acting out the rape fantasies that Kahlan just can't seem to get once the Order was defeated) when the evil siblings of Six will come to avenge her...look out for Two, Three and Five! (Four just doesn't have that mean streak in him as he seeks his own moral clarity!)

I don't know the intricate Ins and Outs of this whole "beat up the queen, become the queen" succession system...and I feel like I'm stating the obvious, but wouldn't that make Richard the Queen?

I mean, he broke that jaw in for Six when Violent was still a little girl...I'm under the impression that since he beat up the heir apparent, he (by default) became the next princess in line for the throne.

I'm not seeing any logical flaws here...

The flaw is perhaps too obvious for you to see. When Richard beat the shit out of Violent he just left it at that. He didn't declare himself queen. "I'm the queen now! Kneel before Queen Richard!" Six screamed out that now she was queen, making it official. See, thats how these things work.

A question. What ultimate happens to Violet? Is she part of the main plot or is she used to illustrate of Terry’s (BBHN) philosophy on how to raise a child? Because as fall as I can tell she is only around to be slapped and kicked.

Yeah thats about it. She acts like a nasty little brat, again, then gets the big smack-down, again. Otherwise she isn't particularly important, just a stepping stone for Six's rise to power. Oh, and we'll probably see more of her "artistic ability" later on. Six is keeping her around to continue to do her drawings. They're going after Kahlan now.

The flaw is perhaps too obvious for you to see. When Richard beat the shit out of Violent he just left it at that. He didn't declare himself queen. "I'm the queen now! Kneel before Queen Richard!" Six screamed out that now she was queen, making it official. See, thats how these things work.

I imagine doing that would have hurt Richar's manliness somewhat...

So for you to be queen, you have to win in a bitchfight with the queen, then scream out that you're the winner.

:rofl:

Hands down, the funniest thing I've read all day so far! "I'm the queen now! Kneel before Queen Richard!"

TG (BBHN), Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys together in one sentence along with the word "talent." If you do that three times, I believe Armageddon will commence.

TG (BBHN), Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys together in one sentence along with the word "talent." If you do that three times, I believe Armageddon will commence.

*braces self*

Winter is coming...

You know, I don't think that will do it. The first piece of Richard/Gratch slash will be the true sign of the Apocalypse.

:rofl:

Hands down, the funniest thing I've read all day so far! "I'm the queen now! Kneel before Queen Richard!"

Kahlan's chest constricted and her heart jumped up into her throat. She could barely breathe. She never thought Richard could look more handsome, but seeing him in his black queen outfit filled her with longing. In his long black dress and cloth-of-gold petticoat, he had never looked more commanding, more powerful, more like a ruler. He truly was a queen.

Kahlan's chest constricted and her heart jumped up into her throat. She could barely breathe. She never thought Richard could look more handsome, but seeing him in his black queen outfit filled her with longing. In his long black dress and cloth-of-gold petticoat, he had never looked more commanding, more powerful, more like a ruler. He truly was a queen.

*dies with laughter*

Winter is coming...

You know, I don't think that will do it. The first piece of Richard/Gratch slash will be the true sign of the Apocalypse.

I'm tempted to respond with a Richard/Gratch slash bit, but my brain cells would self-destruct.

Archived