GOODKIND VIII: It's Not Terrorism If We Do It!

Werthead

maybe Richard starts a formalized CIA-style intelligence agency, that the homosexual, liberal, environmental, socially-conscious jackals go after.

Oh, he already has one, used to track down traitors and dissenters so that the Mord Sith can torture the hell out of them. The agents identify themselves by carrying a dagger with the symbol of house Rahl engraved on the hilt.

What's the symbol of house Rahl, you ask?

It's the letter R, in a circle.

The founder of house Rahl was better at world domination plans than creative heraldry design, I suppose.

It's the letter R, in a circle.

The founder of house Rahl was better at world domination plans than creative heraldry design, I suppose.

:rofl:

No wonder people were amazed at Richard's statue if the height of design was a R in a circle ........ I missed so many occasions to laugh when I read the books :rolleyes:

How do you like my new avatar?

Good grief.

Oh, he already has one, used to track down traitors and dissenters so that the Mord Sith can torture the hell out of them. The agents identify themselves by carrying a dagger with the symbol of house Rahl engraved on the hilt.

Yeah, I think they're all big blond blue-eyed guys too, yet the still blend right in and nobody suspects them. A dagger with an "R" on it, Jeebus, haven't any of these guys heard of a secret handshake?

That reminds me of the truly appalling plot device in that eye gouging book ..... The pillars of creation ........ when Jenny (is it Jenny?) completely fools the big D'haran guard with the flimsiest tale ever; How depressing was that, as storytelling goes?

Jennsen. and yes, everything about that book sucked. I don't think I've ever been able to find anything that is even worth mocking its so lame. It's the only one so far that has not produced a QotD.

Prepare to vomit, people...

According to our DLF mystar, looks like that book just hit #1 on the NYT List :sick:

I think the interesting number will be a month from now. I'm guessing there were 50K books sold in the past week or so to make it so, #1. But then again, I'm hoping it'll be ordered to go take a #2 and flush itself out of the bestselling lists ;)

Where does that info come from...?

According to what I can read on the NYT site as of TODAY, they don't have numbers for books released this week yet...

Jennsen. and yes, everything about that book sucked. I don't think I've ever been able to find anything that is even worth mocking its so lame. It's the only one so far that has not produced a QotD.

I thought for a second and am afraid you might be right ...maybe when Oba bashes his mother's head in?

Oftentimes, NYT lists are a week behind - it'll appear on next week's list, but since the one posted for today goes through the 15th for sales, I imagine it's referring to the 16th-22nd, when all those pre-orders count all at once.

Info is likely from Publishers Weekly or other industry sources. I don't doubt it in this case - just means that he had a huge amount of pre-sales that caused this. It's like certain music releases that debut in the top 5, but plummet rapidly out of the top 40 within 3 weeks, rather than being a consistent seller like Martin or even Jordan were after their fall releases last year.

If I had to guess, total hardcover sales for this book will be around 150K-200K in the US, same as the previous few releases.

Info is likely from Publishers Weekly or other industry sources. I don't doubt it in this case - just means that he had a huge amount of pre-sales that caused this. It's like certain music releases that debut in the top 5, but plummet rapidly out of the top 40 within 3 weeks, rather than being a consistent seller like Martin or even Jordan were after their fall releases last year.

If I had to guess, total hardcover sales for this book will be around 150K-200K in the US, same as the previous few releases.

Hmmmmm...I'm probably not versed enough on navigating the NYT and the PW sites, though I did look them over. The only source I saw that had it #1 right now was Amazon for pre-orders. Eh. Good on him. It'll last a week. Tops.

Helloey, when the goat gets introduced?? lol you could always use the bit when they all laugh because theyve worked out what a naughty farm creature its been.

Phantom is the most eye gouging amount of work ever written. That can never be said enough. :)

Its a bring back all the WFR characters and pretend stuff was foreshadowed, cos its 'in' now. Ugh.

- Kahlan gets captured by Jagang (but she still doesn't know who she is, but Jagang does)

- Violet comes back, with a new tongue. She's still a spoiled brat.

- Richard gets captured by the Order, nobody there knows who he is.

AHA! Now we know why Richard wants to take on the Order! It's because he think it's an insult no one knows him. They know Kahlan, but not him, even after his wonderful speeches! UNFAIR!

....and how did Violet the Tongueless brat get a new tongue?

How do you like my new avatar?

*dies laughing*

Hark, you're a brave, brave man.

Where does that info come from...?

From his 'sources', I suppose. :rolleyes: I wish he'd back stuff up...

Theres a scary scary woman called, oh wait wrong book, yeah theres the *bad* witch called 'Six', and she healed the kid. and has now made herself queen, i think? The kid goes on a rant for ages about how she has new teeth etc.

goodkind has driven me to peach schnappesage....

Helloey, when the goat gets introduced?? lol you could always use the bit when they all laugh because theyve worked out what a naughty farm creature its been.

Phantom is the most eye gouging amount of work ever written. That can never be said enough. :)

Its a bring back all the WFR characters and pretend stuff was foreshadowed, cos its 'in' now. Ugh.

That bit with Betty has already been done.

You're right about Phantom.

It does seem like a class reunion of some kind, like everybody was reading each book thinking "gee, I wonder whatever happened to Violet?"

No sign on Publishers weekly either ...an article mentions the first printing is 500.000 books though.

ETA: Anybody who made it past the goat is bound to finish the whole thing IMO, so there is no reason why it should sell significantly less than say, Chainfire

That bit with Betty has already been done.

You're right about Phantom.

It does seem like a class reunion of some kind, like everybody was reading each book thinking "gee, I wonder whatever happened to Violet?"

I must have joined the threads late... oh well on the goatage :rofl:

The attempt to make her magical did crack me up though. Now, if only terry would get drunk, as I am making progress on, and make queen six truly badass.

Archived