GOODKIND VIII: It's Not Terrorism If We Do It!

Werthead

Really?

Well that's okay then. As long as there's an explanation for the teeth... :P

Oh its a long winding thing, about how richard did it *yawn* and then to make the point it was deserved, goodkind makes her lock the other idiot child straight back in a box with some sort of tongue vice thing. :o

Odds-on money that Violet is back because he got a pile and a half of grief from mother readers with her kicking in the jaw incident.

The Yeard (BBNC) would never bend to such tactics. He'd give these mothers the same thing Violet got.

At least he remembered to GIVE an explanation. Nothing on the tongue though, huh? Those whacky editors.

The witch did that too.

OK, for those of you who've read the whole series (you are braver than I, Gunga Din), is the Yeard getting more bellicose with respect to enemy combatants and the like? I seem to remember a healthy distrust for civilians in WFR, but I definitely do not remember the antipathy evidenced in the latest QotD.

Is this meant to be a character arc? Or has Tairy gone down the same cross-eyed path as Dan Simmons (I think he got invoked last thread, too) and is using his books as a platform to advocate for a genocide against muslims? (I know, it isn't expressly stated in Phantom the way it was in Simmons' April diatribe and in that POS Olympos.)

I was actually thinking of taking a Goodkindesque picture of myself doing the Yeardy Death Stare and use that as my avatar.. but somehow Terry GoodQaeda won.

Terry GoodQaeda is great. It just :owned:.

Yeah, a fairly typical explanation. A witch did it.

:lol:

Reminds me of those old times that when anything bad would happen, somepeople say, "the witch did it!"

I wonder if Terry would ever say, in justification of the horrible books written, "the witch made me do it. Kahlan touched me, and I was forever in thrall to her will."

Prepare to vomit, people...

According to our DLF mystar, looks like that book just hit #1 on the NYT List :sick:

I think the interesting number will be a month from now. I'm guessing there were 50K books sold in the past week or so to make it so, #1. But then again, I'm hoping it'll be ordered to go take a #2 and flush itself out of the bestselling lists ;)

Mystar says a lot of things.

I second the vote for the goat-intro to be the next QotD.

If I just re-post the Betty the goat QotD, will that make you guys happy? Cuz I keeps tellin' yuz, it gone been done ayeddy.

For you late comers who missed it:

Jennsen gestured vaguely back at the men and the town behind her. "Since I've been with them, they have come to see that I'm not a witch, and Betty is not a spirit guide - although for a time there I was afraid they might be right about Betty."

Richard peered down at the goat. Betty cocked her head. "I guess none of us but Betty knew the truth of what Nicholas was up to." At the sound of her name, Betty's ears pricked forward and her tail went into a fit of expectant wagging.

<<long drawn out bunch of crap removed>>

After Richard picked up his pack and slipped his arms through the straps, Owen gripped Richard's hand. "Thank you, Lord Rahl, for showing me that my life is worth living."

Marilee stepped forward and hugged him. "Thank you for teaching Owen to be worthy of me."

Richard laughed. Owen laughed. Cara gave Marilee an approving clap on the back. And then all the men laughed.

Betty pushed in and with a flurry of tail wagging got the point across that she didn't want to be left out.

Richard knelt down and scratched Betty's ears. "And you, my friend, from now on I don't want you letting any Slides using you to spy on people."

Betty pushed her head against his chest as he scratched her ears, and bleated as if to say she was sorry.

Terry Goodkind ~ Naked Empire

Theres a scary scary woman called, oh wait wrong book, yeah theres the *bad* witch called 'Six', and she healed the kid. and has now made herself queen, i think? The kid goes on a rant for ages about how she has new teeth etc.

Violent is quickly becoming my favorite character. Mad Moose, please at least give us a synopsis of this, otherwise I’m going to have to read it.

Is Violent with the emperor? I’m wondering how she can not know Richard

And how can no one recognize that guy that built the stature of LIFE! Is he wearing a hypnotic tie?

Any chance the evil witch is really named Six of Nine?

Eh... as to the initial QotD... yes, using children soldiers is an evil thing. But somehow Id think that leaving them alive, at least, is still BETTER then outright massacring them, as Richards forcing are apaprently doing at the moment in the Old World...

Yes, yes, I know, pointing out GK hypocrisy is like carrying owls to Athens, as the phrase goes, but still... its still unbelievable.

Violent is quickly becoming my favorite character. Mad Moose, please at least give us a synopsis of this, otherwise I’m going to have to read it.

Okay, the quick skinny on Violet:

She's queen now since her mom is dead (Denna killed her way back), Six showed up to use Violet as a path to power in Tamarang. Violet doesn't realize she's a dupe. Six grows Violet a new tongue and set of teeth to gain her trust blah blah blah. Six teaches violet to be a magic artist just like James in WFR (that could be a QotD all on its own). Violet wants Richard so she can get revenge, I'm not too sure why Six wants Richard, maybe I missed something. Six captures Richard, but Richard escapes her (sorta) and is caught by the Order (definitely a QotD), nobody who would recognize him has seen him yet. And thats all I have to say about that for now. Violet will have a QotD soon enough.

How old is Violet now? Six probably wants Richard to be her sex slave, I mean who isn't turned on by a man in a black battle wizard outfit? :drool:

Violet is in her mid teens I think. It never says specifically, except that Rachel notes "Like the rest of her, her face was still plump, but with those small, dark, calculating eyes, it had lost its childlike quality. Her chest was no longer flat, either, but had grown womanly. She looked like an adult just about to emerge from her cocoon."

okay MM--I've finally caught you in your bullshit and can prove that you've been making up all of theses "quotes."

that's not a Goodkind moment at all--you just lifted the plot of a Thundercats episode, and replaced Snarf with Betty!

Hrmm...so if the Order has captured Richard, does that mean that his balls are about to be cut off and served as dinner to someone? Maybe that's the plot twist that Goodkind is hoping will drive sales even more?

As good of a plotline that would be, I wouldn't see Richard's balls getting cut off, especially if he is just a pale imitation of TG.

A more likely scenario would be Richard escaping after becoming righteously filled with rage at the sight of a testicle feast. Richard lies in wait, full of anger, thing rising...and when Jagang goes to sleep, Richard sneaks into his room and teabags him.

Jagang chokes to death on Richard's massive balls, while Richard, gloating, gives like a 17 page speech on gluttony and choosing death. He's all like "Choose death, biatch!"

Richard then fights his way out of the castle, using his nutsack as a flail, and finally realizes that the Sword of Truth was just a crutch, and is no match for his Scrote of Truth.

Archived