[BOOK SPOILERS] The Re-Cast Tommen

Kaspiro

So I noticed that a new Tommen, played by Dean-Charles Chapman rather than Callum Wharry, appears in this episode. He didn't have any lines, but I think he looks like a pretty accurate Tommen.

I liked watching his facial expressions during the wedding.

I was kind of hoping for a chubby, younger, even more innocent looking Tommen. For some reason I pictured him as quite plump in the books. I can't remember if he was actually described that way, or if it was just my own creation, but I liked the image of a plump little naïve boy stamping his papers.

I was kind of hoping for a chubby, younger, even more innocent looking Tommen. For some reason I pictured him as quite plump in the books. I can't remember if he was actually described that way, or if it was just my own creation, but I liked the image of a plump little naïve boy stamping his papers.

He is described as plump very often actually.

Even though this Tommen is way older and everything though, he has a very young looking face. I think he could totally pull off an innocent young boy kind of vibe

Arya described him as "the fat one" in her first POV chapter (in contrast to his more handsome brother), so that's how he is in the books.

I'm used to characters not looking how they look in the books, so it's no big deal to me. I'm very excited to see more of him. I only hope his voice isn't as deep as Bran's... Let's keep some facade of innocence and youth going on, please.

This Tommen re-cast is even worse than the Daario one.

How did you come to this conclusion when New Tommen didn't have any dialogue? Genuinely curious as to what you find so off-putting.

How did you come to this conclusion when New Tommen didn't have any dialogue? Genuinely curious as to what you find so off-putting.

He seems nothing like the character I imagined from the books. Where the original Tommen was spot on.

He seems nothing like the character I imagined from the books. Where the original Tommen was spot on.

True, the appearance is different. I loved Tommen back in Blackwater... But keeping my fingers crossed for this one nonetheless.

Awful decision.

I also don't like how they weren't at all subtle about giving the audience numerous glimpses of him before Joffrey's death. It felt like they were shoehorning him in as the next king before the old one had even died.

I can only imagine how strange it must seem to show only fans who may not have even noticed Tommen up until now. It must seem pretty miraculous how Cersei can conveniently give birth to a 16 year old boy who sort of looks like Joffrey only nicer, just moments before her son dies.

Awful decision.

I also don't like how they weren't at all subtle about giving the audience numerous glimpses of him before Joffrey's death. It felt like they were shoehorning him in as the next king before the old one had even died.

I can only imagine how strange it must seem to show only fans who may not have even noticed Tommen up until now. It must seem pretty miraculous how Cersei can conveniently give birth to a 16 year old boy who sort of looks like Joffrey only nicer, just moments before her son dies.

I don't think its too miraculous that 2 brothers would look alike, but I do wish Tommen was younger. By season 5 he'll probably be as tall as Joffrey.

Awful decision.

Well, they did kind of only have these two episodes to introduce the new actor so he needed to be present at the wedding. I agree they could have been a little less obvious about it though.

The reason everyone noticed him was because the show-runners wanted you too, he is obviously gonna have a big part to play so they wanted the viewers to remember and identifies his face. This is the first time Tommen had this much screen time since the Blackwater episode.

I sincerely doubt that even one non-reader watched that episode and thought "They are showing numerous glimpses of Tommen at this crowded wedding in which they are showing numerous glimpses of everyone; that must mean he's the next king and Joffrey is about to die"

Archived