Nitpick With Impunity S04 E02 Version

Happened in the book. Different reasons though. [/nitpick]

I'm still having trouble dealing with Jaime and Cersei being in King's Landing earlier than in the books. The Cersei / Brienne interaction did not help matters in that respect.

But wasnt it another Florent? Im pretty sure i heard them say Axell and not that other guy...

All was so perfect...liked the Shae thing.

Even if I am not a Stannis supporter, I suffered with him. That was lame.. They should have made the burning a bit better. Loved the Dinner with the Baratheons! Reminded me of Breaking Bad Walt, Skyler and Jesse ;)

Liked most changes.. was super surprised they kept and expanded the dwarf scene.

Boltons amazing as ever.

But the Purple Wedding... Everybody played astonishing, but Joffrey was just sad. Bad performance from the guy. And the death a bit meh. The scenes leading to it were so great and then this. AND I SO HOPED FOR AN AMAZING CERSEI SCREAM !!!

:eek: :blushing: :uhoh:

Cersei Joff and Jaime in a scene..great :D

So the episode was great, except for the awkwardly done Stannis scene and the ending, which could have been way better.

Then again.. all just nitpicking. :cool4:

My biggest nitpick was that I felt like they rushed all of the scenes before the final purple wedding. Maybe it's just me over anticipating the famous death of Joffrey but all the other scenes felt rushed and somewhat scattered all over the place. I think they tried to cram too many different plots into that first 30 minutes and sadly some of them needed more detail.

The scene with Reek shaving Ramsay was probably the best of them all and the only one I felt wasn't rushed. It was perfection. The tension in the room at that moment the blade was paused on his jugular when Ramsay told him Robb Stark was dead....absolutely priceless.

Like many others, I didn't like the Stannis / Selyse / Melisandre scenes at all... they felt wrong, disjointed and confusing. I know the forums are going to explode with all the Stannis 'character assassination' threads, but my gads they did sorta muck up that whole story line in this one.

When the final scene came and Joffrey lay dead - I felt some disappointment. I'm not exactly sure why yet. I rewatched it and felt the actors all did a great job and even though the whole thing felt 'stilted' - that's fitting with how awkward and tense the entire thing was in the books as well. I can't really say why I was disappointed. Maybe I expected more drama from Cersei or others looking on while Joffrey choked to death. I will say the graphic way they did his face more than made up for a lot of my disappointment with the lead up to it.

When the final scene came and Joffrey lay dead - I felt some disappointment. I'm not exactly sure why yet. I rewatched it and felt the actors all did a great job and even though the whole thing felt 'stilted' - that's fitting with how awkward and tense the entire thing was in the books as well. I can't really say why I was disappointed. Maybe I expected more drama from Cersei or others looking on while Joffrey choked to death. I will say the graphic way they did his face more than made up for a lot of my disappointment with the lead up to it.

The scene had to be a bit more "visual" than the books, I guess. Less Cersei screaming, less "I want you to ride the pig, uncle *kof* * kof* ".

I suppose in one sense, the understated reaction by Cersei is understandable - a straight out "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" would have seemed like cheese.

Yeah, you're right, I think it was Alister.

Yeah it was Alester, Selyse's uncle. He was burned because he tried to marry Shireen to Tommen without Stannis' knowledge or consent. Axell still lives and continues to be an asshole to Jon at the Wall.

I thought I was going to miss Pretty Pig and the Dancing bear, but 5 dwarfs as 5 kings was awesome. The only thing I didn't like about the jousting was Tyrion's response to Joffrey, it lacked the strength of 'I'll fight you, because you are the only man in this wedding that I'm certain of defeating'

I think we all can agree that no Coldhands and the Dragonstone scenes were the weak points of the episode, Stannis didn't even clench his teeth once.

Pointless burning of infidels (Stannis isn't sailing to the wall yet) was pretty anti-climatic for Stannis, whom just won the war of the 5 kings by default (Show Balon is still alive, but nobody cares about him). Also, the Florents claim to descent from the Kings of house Gardener, so Melisandre just wasted some of that valued King's blood.

Oh, forgot, now we finally saw Daenerys' dragon scene :D

All this freakout about it in the trailer, now we know.

Now we actually know more than from the books. She will come to KL. At least a dragon.

That scene was so amazing, the whole vision.

The scene had to be a bit more "visual" than the books, I guess. Less Cersei screaming, less "I want you to ride the pig, uncle *kof* * kof* ".

I suppose in one sense, the understated reaction by Cersei is understandable - a straight out "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" would have seemed like cheese.

It's true - Cersei screaming would probably be a lot less believable than the amazingly heart wrenching scream Catelyn gave when Robb was killed. Cersei's nothing like that at all and some things just don't translate well onto the screen. I think they split the scene in two as someone linked the promo for next week and Cersei's definitely freaking out in the second half of that - at least raging at Tyrion anyways.

Jaime is already in King's Landing and messed up protecting the King.

Brienne is already in King's Landing and the Tyrells seem to love her.

I would have loved little more than actually seeing two dwarven jousters on a pig and a dog respectively. But I guess they translated it to 'doable on TV' rather well.

Ilyn. Not Bronn. Ilyn. I've read about the reasoning, but still... Does this mean no Lord Stokeworth? Or no sight seeing tour of the nicest castles in the Riverlands for Jaime and Ilyn/Bronn?

Shae. Everything about Shae in that episode. It really seems to come down to Tyrion being a dick to her, mixed with pressure from Tywin so she has understandable reasons for betraying him in the magnitude we all know of.

And of course Stannis being shown as a religious fanatic.

I know people say Emilia Clarke or Kit Harrington are the worst actors on the series (I'd say they're both mediocre and extremely inconsistent) but Shaes actress is just the worst by far. Always terrible in every scene. I was laughing at her and Tyrions fight. Gods I can't wait for her to die.

Didn't like Sansa not being active in her escape.

I have many reservations. See my review of the episode. Most are forgivable, but the cop-out resolution of the Tyrion/Shae arc was an absolute catastrophe and seemed to be patronising non-reading viewers by assuming they wouldn't reach a proper moral conclusion, against Tywin, which keeping the real ending of their situation would have caused. To finish things between them this way makes her seem like a superfluous character at King's Landing all this time, if indeed she managed safely to get on board the ship.

The dialogue between Jaime and Joffers was neat in ep 1, but it doesn't really work that he's already at King's Landing. In the novels, part of what drives Cersei further off the deep end is his desire to join the Kingsguard and abstain from her bedroom after he returns past the death of Jofrey, and leaves her with one less person to be close to. He would never have cared to protect Joffrey anyway. And the show made it too obvious who was partly to blame for her son's end.

The Dreadfort scenes were good, but I reckon Theon at that point would still have had enough of himself left to slit Ramsay's throat with that razor after hearing of Robb's death, even if the episode was written by GRR Martin. He does think to himself he should have died with Robb at the Red Wedding in the fifth novel, after all.

I know people say Emilia Clarke or Kit Harrington are the worst actors on the series (I'd say they're both mediocre and extremely inconsistent) but Shaes actress is just the worst by far. Always terrible in every scene. I was laughing at her and Tyrions fight. Gods I can't wait for her to die.

Didn't like Sansa not being active in her escape.

I haven't been as harsh a critic on the actress portraying Shae as others have all these seasons even though I didn't really like her that much. But this scene, she definitely over-acted. I could tell Tyrion was being mean just for effect - to pull it off and send her away by pretending he didn't want her anymore. He's trying to save her life. But the part that lost me was Shae's sobbing. It was so fake! I didn't like that. It would have been better for her to have kept a poker face and still slapped Bronn than to be sobbing that way. Blargh.

How are Clarke Harington and Kekilli bad actors ? Harington sometimes seems weird, but because he is different from bookJon. But Shae ?

And this comes from people who praise Jack Gleeson. This guy is a horrible actor ever since season 3.

Archived