New Version of fAegon

Hippocras

Ashara was Dornish, but Barristan is not. She may not have thought her sexcapades were anything to frown at, but Barristan would probably fall in line with the rest of Westeros and say that she was dishonored. If she were victim to some abuse or humiliation, why the heck would Barristan use the word "dishonored"? It is far more plausible to me that a willing act resulted in Barristan's view of her dishonoring, not that she was harmed or sexually forced. Furthermore, that Ashara grieved for her babydaddy gives further credence to either Ned or Brandon. We have books of evidence setting up a romance between Ashara and Ned, and since ADWD Brandon has also been speculated as Ashara's lover. I just don't see Aerys getting his creep on at Harrelhal being the point of all that backstory.

I was about to post almost the same. Barristan's Westeros vision of sex is very different than the Dornish view. It's very plausible for him to view her as being dishonored, while she thought no such thing. In fact she could have been the aggressor.

As for Ned's honor and that he wouldn't have sex with her because of it? Really? What teenage boy is going to turn down sex? Let alone with a beautiful woman? Also, I think it wouldn't be hard to say that Ned as a boy, and a second son of a lord could have been a bit different than the Ned of GOT.

I do think Septa Lemore is more than she claims to be -- Ashara Dayne being one possibility.

Brandon would have been dead for almost a year by the time of ashara suicide. I think the combination of

1 the Female child's death

2 the death of her brother at her lovers hand

Finally caused ashara to commit suicide

It is far more likely it is Ned than Brandon

Let me be clear.

Long before I ever visited forums, and after reading the books twice I never ONCE thought that Ashara was dishonoured by a Stark. The way it was worded said to me that she looked to a Stark for help. Someone ELSE likely dishonoured her, whatever Barristan meant by that.

I also think it was not a Stark who did the "dishonoring" and I agree Barristan's statement that Ashara "looked to a Stark" implies she went to one of the Starks for comfort or protection.

I further think it's implied that there were romantic overtones to this "looking to a Stark" because Barristan is wistful and a bit jealous about whatever happened.

So as to your OP, it's conceivable that Aerys did the dishonoring, but I don't think dishonor means he raped her. Further, the more likely candidates for an Ashara baby are Brandon or Ned.

And I also think the baby lived, and could possibly be Aegon.

Just because Ned was shy doesn't mean that he didn't get laid. Look at Jon and Ygritte. Jon literally did nothing to begin their relationship, she was the sexual initiator. Maybe Ashara thought Ned's shyness was sweet. And Meera's story shows that there may have been something between them. The fact that there are rumors all over the continent that the two were lovers is also pretty indicative of a romantic attachment.

Just because Ned was shy doesn't mean that he didn't get laid. Look at Jon and Ygritte. Jon literally did nothing to begin their relationship, she was the sexual initiator. Maybe Ashara thought Ned's shyness was sweet. And Meera's story shows that there may have been something between them. The fact that there are rumors all over the continent that the two were lovers is also pretty indicative of a romantic attachment.

No it is not. It is indicative that people are naturally curious and trying to figure out how he ended up with a bastard. Who we know is not actually his.

No it is not. It is indicative that people are naturally curious and trying to figure out how he ended up with a bastard. Who we know is not actually his

Sorry, but I don't remember anywhere in the books where it is written that this theory has been proven as fact. Until it is, it is only assumption and conjecture, not fact.

Again, agree with you 110%. Love the Jon/Ygitte comparison.

Sorry, but I don't remember anywhere in the books where it is written that this theory has been proven as fact. Until it is, it is only assumption and conjecture, not fact.

Again, agree with you 110%. Love the Jon/Ygitte comparison.

Not fact, but has far more to back it up than the supposed Ned and Ashara fling. The fling is only hinted at at all because of the need to conceal Jon's identity. So when the first is finally revealed, which it will be, the other will be disproven.

All that blue rose imagery for Lyanna and Rhaegar, then Dany's vision of a blue rose growing in a wall of ice, with Jon by then at the Wall? Lots to back it up.

That makes no sense, because it was Barristan, ever faultless KG member working for Aerys who said things went awry, not Rhaegar. I can certainly imagine that Aerys might have messed up Rhaegar's plans, but Barristan was not in Rhaegar's inner circle so that would have nothing to do with Barristan's view of the events.

Even Rhaegar. The Prince of Dragonstone had never trusted him as he had trusted Arthur Dayne.

Harrenhal was proof of that. The year of the false spring.

The memory was still bitter. Old Lord Whent had announced the tourney shortly after a visit

from his brother, Ser Oswell Whent of the Kingsguard. With Varys whispering in his ear, King Aerys

became convinced that his son was conspiring to depose him, that Whents tourney was but a ploy to

give Rhaegar a pretext for meeting with as many great lords as could be brought together. Aerys had not

set foot outside the Red Keep since Duskendale, yet suddenly he announced that he would accompany

Prince Rhaegar to Har renhal, and everything had gone awry from there.

Barristan is saying how Rhaegar didnt trust him enough to tell him about the Harrenhal plan then he says how things went awry because Aerys found out. How doesnt that make sense?

Also the timelines don't match-up. Jon's too young to have been conceived at the tourney, which means Ned and Ashara would have had to have a sweet wartime meetup (post Ned's marriage to Cat) for Jon to be theirs.

Jon doesn't have to be Ned and Ashara's in order for them to have had a romantic relationship. Rumors spread that Ashara was the mother of Ned's supposed bastard. They could have been spread on purpose in order to conceal Jon's real identity, or they could have spread because there actually was a relationship there that was pretty widely known, and thus the only logical explanation for people not in the know would have been for Ashara to be the mother. Maybe it was a combination of both. However, that Ned shut down the gossip at Winterfell kind of shows that those rumors weren't spread on his orders.

Archived