Jack Gleeson tribute thread

Mr Hodor

A goodbye and thank you to Jack Gleeson for bringing such a horrible person to life. Will miss his acting skills if not the character.

the moment i started hating Joffery: The Mycah business

best delivered line by jack gleeson: I AM THE KING

He really leaves some big shoes to fill (I've never really liked Ramsey, I found him tedious and over-the-top, but I'm hoping the show version will grow on me)

Best line? Shit, that's hard, he was so good, but his dinner scene in s3e1 was hilarious:

"My mother always had a penchant for drama. Facts become less and less important to her as she grows older. Our lives were never truly in danger."

One of my all-time favorite villains, to be sure. He'll be missed and so will Jack (ugh, so many good roles you could get in movies, dude!)

"My mother always had a penchant for drama. Facts become less and less important to her as she grows older. Our lives were never truly in danger."

Cersei's expression just seals the deal, too.

"I was quite busy, Your Grace."

"Busy getting captured."

"Is your brother a prince?"

"No."

*shrugs* "Not really relevant then, is it?"

Jack was fantastic as Joffrey, and I'm certainly going to miss his presence on the show; even if I'm happy his character is finally dead.

"Now that the war is won, we should all find time for wisdom. Thank you uncle" S4E02

Before hacking the book into pieces with Widow's Wail.

"I'll go and tell mother."

He was really great - in this role.

RIP Joffrey.

I hope to see Jack again - he's really a brilliant actor.

I think playing a horrible creature character as a first major role has a big downside.

I sincerely hope that he does not give up acting because of Joffrey hate; I am sure he caught the brunt of it.

But he did a fantastic job and needs to know that.

Jack Gleeson brought depth to Joffrey that goes beyond books. The dying scene was excellent. The best line, imo, was a sparing match with Tywin:

Joffrey: My father won the war. You were hiding under Casterly Rock.

I wish Jack Gleeson all the best with his studies and theatre performances in Dublin.

fantastic actor, and very cool dude judging from the interviews. Wish him the best whatever career he choses.

For me, he completely owned every scene he was in. Watching him switch between scared child (with Tyrion) and full-of-himself tyrant was a pleasure. No need for words, just a look at him brought out all the hate the character needed.

another good line: "I'll give him a red smile"

Question for the ladies: how charming was he when he wooed Sansa. The books paint him as the perfect prince charming when he chooses so, did that come across in those scenes of S1?

I think playing a horrible creature character as a first major role has a big downside.

I sincerely hope that he does not give up acting because of Joffrey hate; I am sure he caught the brunt of it.

But he did a fantastic job and needs to know that.

I think he'll be fine. Jack seems to have a good head on his shoulders; he knows he played a shit of a character but he's also aware of the overwhelming fan (and critic) appreciation. From the interviews I've seen, his interactions with fans have been very positive.

Should he return to acting, I'm sure he'll find the reception quite welcoming.

Jack Gleeson was freaking awesome, he really transcended the character beyond of that one in the books. To me this was one of the best castings I've seen in a long time, maybe ever. Some people say that it's easier to play a mean, despicable character, while that may be true in some instances, I doubt there are many characters who would evoke so much pure hatred towards them. Which could be done only if everything about the acting was great. Favourite line is probably one of many "I AM the KING!!" half-screams. ;)

I just loved the way he sat on the Iron Throne, slouched and cocky, so many characters are obsessed with the Throne, treat it with such reverence, and we've got Joff clearly feeling like it's merely his chair, no more than what he deserves.

:agree:

He was just absolutely perfect in this role. He owned every moment, even re-watching it last night the little look in his eye as he goes to give Margaery the kiss in the wedding; a look of possession/ownership. I'm sure Jack will do well in life and in whatever he chooses to pursue.

Archived