Interpretation of Bran's vision. [BOOK SPOILERS]

So, I'm curious.

What do you guys think of each of the segments from the vision? There was alot of it!

I'm loving the hints of winter at King's Landing and the signifigance of the White Walkers. Also of course the dragons at KL.

Bran's story has always been my favorite so this part of the episode made me all giggly! Well so did the last scene, but that was fun for all of us.

DISCUSS!

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I noticed KL appears seemingly intact when that dragon shadow flies over. Maybe Aegon or whoever finally dispatches the Lannisters and Tyrells will do so with a relatively peaceful coup.

Anyway, that's now twice (twice!) we've seen a destroyed throne room in winter, so I think it's safe to say that's happening for sure

To be fair, I don't think that the date of those events was specified. There have been dragons over Kings's Landing in the past and the WW aren't new either.

And obviously it trivializes Bran's journey - it seems as if he's now about as skilled as he is in ADWD, being able to get glimpses off changing into trees.

Some of those glimpses were so creepy, like the one of the white walker through the ice or whatever that was, I don't even know. It was so cool.

I saw someone say something about that snowy throne room possibly symbolizing Jon on the throne, as we are seeing "snow on the throne" :lol: . Not too sure what I think of that idea, but that would be pretty crafty.

And to OP, Bran's story is my favourite too!

I actually tried making a thread on this topic but it hasn't gone up until now. Anyways here's my interpretation of each and every vision except for the last one where BR says "North":

Crypts of Winterfell - The first vision we see is that of a heart tree, followed by the TRV flying through the crypts of Winterfell. Directly after that, we see the image Eddard Stark sharpening Ice and the close shot of his eye in the Black Cells of the Red Keep when Varys comes to visit him in season 1. You could simply say that this is repetition of Bran's previous vision in season 1 where he predicts his fathers death, but I think it points to the importance of the crypts of Winterfell. Many here on the forums believe that the Crypts of Winterfell will have some importance in the revealing of Jon's parentage and that something is hidden in Lyanna's crypt specifically. The fact that Eddard is being shown could be hinting towards the fact that he knew something about the crypts and about the secret that he took with him to his grave (Which is that R+L=J).

The Little Girl - After that vision, we see an image of a girl in robes standing in the woods beyond the wall. In the background we hear a voice, obviously BR, saying that Bran should look for him "beneath the tree". As many pointed out from one of the trailers, this girl could be one of the CotF and in this case, BR is hinting to Bran as to who will help him find him.

Snow on the Throne and Winter - After this we see a series of visions all dealing with the coming Winter. We see the Other's dead horse from the end of season 2, we see one staring through what looks like a frozen river and we see, once again, Snow on the Iron Throne. There are two ways of interpreting this. On the one hand, you could simply say that BR is trying to show Bran the ultimate outcome if he is to fail in his mission to stop the WW. On the other hand, the fact that they are showing us the same imagery from Dany's vision at the HotU could point towards a stronger meaning of this scene. It could be that this directly points towards Jon Snow's actual parentage. Just like how the first vision could point to it, this vision could mean that snow is of royal heritage. It doesn't necessarily mean that he will sit on the IT or become King, just that he is Rhaegar's son and therefore, the true heir to the IT.

Bran falling - This is one of the visions that I loved the most. We see Bran falling down the tower, with Cersei screaming "He saw us!" in the background. Could this possibly point towards Bran regaining his memory of why he fell? How would that have any significance for his story if he finds out why or how he fell, especially if he is to be the next greenseer?

The Black Dragon over Kings Landing - I'm just going to flat out say it here. I don't think that this is hinting to Dany heading to KL, and that it is just there to put the show watchers off. I think this scene is hinting more to the fact that Aegon will take KL since it only shows the shadow of a dragon looming over it. In the books, we know that "dragons" in prophecies don't have to literally mean dragons but that they could be refering to Targaryens or Blackfyres instead. The fact that it is only the shadow that we see is also interesting: It is a black dragon flying over a red city, the banner of House Blackfyre. In short you could say that this visions means "a black dragon will come to KL". Could this possibly hint to the fact that Aegon is indeed a Blackfyre and that he will take King's Landing in TWoW?

To be fair, I don't think that the date of those events was specified. There have been dragons over Kings's Landing in the past and the WW aren't new either.

And obviously it trivializes Bran's journey - it seems as if he's now about as skilled as he is in ADWD, being able to get glimpses off changing into trees.

But at no point has the throne room been destroyed... yet.

Also, the Sept of Baelor was built after the last dragon was known to exist so any scene with a dragon and the Sept cannot be a past event (Bran's dream at this point does not appear to show enough of KL to include the Sept)

Every shot we saw in the vision with the exception of the tree in the sunlight, a shot of some weirwood roots, the dragon over King's Landing, and the White Walker through ice is something we've already seen on the show.

The little girl in the woods is the undead girl from the pilot episode. The undead horse is the season 2 finale. The ravens are from the closing scene of Sam killing the White Walker. And of course Eddard oiling his sword in the godswood and then being visited by Varys in the black cells.

There doesn't seem to be any real discernible flow to them, more like they were just a bunch of cryptic looking shots that they threw together.

Jon will be in a coma and his true parentage will be declared to him in the crypts by Bran and possibly Ned's ghost.

Cersei will lose all her three children by the time the shadow of the Drogon with Dany on his back will be seen in KL. She will understand the younger and more beautiful queen to defeat her is Dany. She will reactivate the wildfire plot of Aerys to prevent Dany from winning the prize.

I don't think Aegon (the black dragon) will take KL.

The new weirwood tree might be the entrance to the cave of the CotF.

I thought the weir wood tree was literally where to find BR, seeing as cold hands isn't there to show them.

The one in the vision on the ledge/hillside? I imagine so. I'm personally thinking Bran and co. will meet Leaf in the show, who will guide them to the cave

Archived