Interpretation of Bran's vision. [BOOK SPOILERS]

Agree the Weirwood on the ridge is the destination. It is there that Bran now knows he must go. I think the snowy throne, rather than showing that winter has taken KL and opened the throne room to the elements, means that the road to the throne will lead through the North. I don't disagree with it also referring to Jon Snow, or more broadly, Starks in that Winter is Coming.

Interesting thought with red/black and Blackfyre. The Blackfyres aren't very established yet, though, in the show, that I recall. Of course, neither is Jon Connington and we don't have the Battle of the Bells @ Stoney Sept, which IIRC we are "supposed" to have by now, which is the books setup for Jon Connington. Jon Snow bearing the name of Rhaegar's best friend might not be a nothing. He certainly couldn't be running around with a Targaryen/Valyrian name, could he?

I don't agree that the fact that we've seen the images before indicates they are without meaning...the opposite, in fact, might be more true.

Some of those glimpses were so creepy, like the one of the white walker through the ice or whatever that was, I don't even know. It was so cool.

I've paused it to get a closer look at what/who that is. It definitely has blue eyes but it looks more like a wight than an Other. It also looks like it's wearing a crown but that could be just the ice.

I saw someone say something about that snowy throne room possibly symbolizing Jon on the throne, as we are seeing "snow on the throne" :lol: . Not too sure what I think of that idea, but that would be pretty crafty.

There is another quiet popular Snow around that would be less crafty and more scary :lol:

Another way to interpret the dragon shadow is Bran 'learning how to fly' (warg a dragon). I'm not saying he will warg into a dragon over KL but the dragon shadow was done from the dragons POV. It was as if he was seeing through the eyes of the dragon much like the earlier scene of him waging Summer while he was hunting in the forest.

The one in the vision on the ledge/hillside? I imagine so. I'm personally thinking Bran and co. will meet Leaf in the show, who will guide them to the cave

I think you are right. the three eyed crow and a "child of the forest" was cast for this season. I read the article about it yesterday. Don't think we will see Coldhands.

Correct me.

I thought I heard someone scream North in the end! And it seemed like Stannis.

"Look for me beneath the tree... NORTH" - That was said by BR in my opinion. That's who they are looking for and after Bran came back to he said he knew where they needed to go.

I've paused it to get a closer look at what/who that is. It definitely has blue eyes but it looks more like a wight than an Other. It also looks like it's wearing a crown but that could be just the ice.

Oh, very cool. That'll be a fun scene.

Didn't the person who was answering the questions about screeners say we actually get to see

Bloodraven in the vision? Did they remove him? Is there another vision next episode?

Oh yeah you're right, I remember the person saying that. Maybe they were just referring to his voice :dunno:

Got to ask this question. ARe those visions made up by show runners or by GRRM?

I know GRRM said that he wrote the episode, but I also remember reading somewhere that part of the episodes, some of the scenes other than from Kings landing, were cut from 1st episode and put onto 2nd.

I don't know which scenes were that - Stannis, Dreadfort, or Bran's - but some of them were not written/adapted by GRRM but by screen writer who wrote episode 1.

IF it were Bran's, then it those visions were something cool looking and generic that continue Dany's visions (that were completely different from the book's) and don't mean anything other than "winter is coming to kings landing" that just been approved by GRRM and not actually written by him or mean anything big.

Does anyone know which scenes in this episode were moved from ep 1?

I know GRRM said that he wrote the episode, but I also remember reading somewhere that part of the episodes, some of the scenes other than from Kings landing, were cut from 1st episode and put onto 2nd.

I don't know which scenes were that - Stannis, Dreadfort, or Bran's - but some of them were not written/adapted by GRRM but by screen writer who wrote episode 1.

IF it were Bran's, then it those visions were something cool looking and generic that continue Dany's visions (that were completely different from the book's) and don't mean anything other than "winter is coming to kings landing" that just been approved by GRRM and not actually written by him or mean anything big.

I'm fairly certain the Bran stuff was written my GRRM but I don't know if there is any way of knowing for sure.

Crypts of Winterfell - The first vision we see is that of a heart tree, followed by the TRV flying through the crypts of Winterfell. Directly after that, we see the image Eddard Stark sharpening Ice and the close shot of his eye in the Black Cells of the Red Keep when Varys comes to visit him in season 1. You could simply say that this is repetition of Bran's previous vision in season 1 where he predicts his fathers death, but I think it points to the importance of the crypts of Winterfell. Many here on the forums believe that the Crypts of Winterfell will have some importance in the revealing of Jon's parentage and that something is hidden in Lyanna's crypt specifically. The fact that Eddard is being shown could be hinting towards the fact that he knew something about the crypts and about the secret that he took with him to his grave (Which is that R+L=J).

Yesss I got that feeling too! I am a huge lover of the cript discussions so I'm glad that there are some hints in the show too.

I'm not sure if GRRM wrote it or not, but in any case I wouldn't be worried, since the creators are known fans that love the books, know the ending and also know how to foreshadow i dont think the things in the show that are different is going to change too much, only add to it.

Bran looked at the crow on his shoulder, and the crow looked back. It had three eyes, and the third eye was full of a terrible knowledge. Bran looked down. There was nothing below him now but snow and cold and death, a frozen wasteland where jagged blue-white spires of ice waited to embrace him. They flew up at him like spears. He saw the bones of a thousand other dreamers impaled upon their points. He was desperately afraid.

There's a point in the vision where we see shards of ice and a face of an Other. I think that's a modified version of this vision from the book.

I saw somewhere that the episode 10 is named the Children so I assume that is when we meet Leaf.

Octavia Alexandru has been cast as a Child of the Forest so I hope she's playing Leaf

lots of Children (or the child generation, at least) to perhaps "move" in episode 10...Bran meets Child of the Forest, Arya boards a ship or arrives in Braavos, Sansa reaches the Eyrie or kills Lysana, not sure where Jon ends up this season, LC needs to come sooner, is getting killed too late? Stannis better get a move on. Something with Shireen? Tommen?

Is the snow Bran sees falling of the Iron Throne similar with the Snow Mel keeps seeing when she asks for a vision of AA?

Or is the Wall messing with both their vision reception in that area?

Anyway, a lot of snow in these visions send by two completely different/unrelated deities..probably means nothing though.

I am not sure about Jon Snow discovering the truth of his parentage in the crypts. Who would believe him? If he has this vision and he knows it how would he convince the rest of the world that R+L=J? What proof would he have? Even if he got something out of Lyanna's crypt he would have to have the fact substantiated by someone else.

I like the theory that the High Septon in TDWD is Howland Reed. Someone with high standing would have to state it and then prove it. Or maybe the dragon Rhaegal will have some role in it.

Or maybe this is just another twist that I cannot see yet. Only time will tell.

Archived