GRRM clues [BOOK SPOILERS]

Kasumi

Yeah I am firmly in the R+L=J camp and 'reasonably' certain that would have been their answer too... but GRRM is nothing if not a master troll. I highly suspect the stabbing of Jon was intentionally written in to screw with people. I also reckon he has a number of 'outs' and might still have a couple of answers to the question in play.

All I am saying is some people treat the D+D story as if it is confirmation. I'd suggest treating it with a bit of caution.

O, yea book is different than show totally. I just looked at it as the hint people would've gotten had they shown the toj scene from Ned's dream. But we both know, if they had shown that, a 2 yr old would've been able to put the clues together, and that will be a huge reveal on the show where it reaches a bigger audience. Too bad grrm isn't a faster writer unless we get it in twow.

As GRRM wrote this episode, we can all assume he left some clues in it, or some "canon revelations". What did you notice, what did you think of them ?

I will start :

It's not really a clue, but I'm glad he included the dwarves, though I didn't spot any girl dwarf. Still, it may still be important later. Maybe one of them will be revealed to be Penny's brother later ? I wasn't sure she would be included, but with the dwarves at the wedding...

Not really a revelation also, but I was glad to hear Cersei bluntly say "but you love him [Jaime]" to Brienne. Poor Brienne, and her face...

I'm glad they included Walda too, I don't remember if she was in season 3. I hope they explain why Roose choose her. But does that mean she will be important ? (and why cast her if she is not ?)

More importantly : Bran's visions.

--> The dragon's shadow...I know it is probably symbolic, but does it mean that Daenerys will finally get to King's Landing ? Or is it a vision of the past ? Somehow, I think not, since it appeared after Ned's flashback.

--> Winter in King's Landing...or Snow in the throne ? What did you think ?

Have you spot anything else that could be considered as a "message" from GRRM ?

That wasn't at all how I saw it.

What I think was being shown was a vision of the PAST, not the future

- from some time after Aegon's conquest when the Targaryens still had full-grown, battle-trained dragons.

Least ways, in the books all of Bran's visions (other than the ones involving the three-eyed crow)..

..which I believe were being transmitted to Bran by BloodRaven. (as were some of Jojen's visions.)

..were about the past.

Weirnet is NOT the gift of prophecy. It is what I call telescience (visions of distant events) not prescience (visions of future events.)

I think them using the shadows of (obviously VERY large!) dragons over King's Landing was a clever misdirect on the showrunners part.

Wasn't that scene in all or most of the trailers for the season?

It's essentially a promise to the Unsullied that they WILL be seeing Dany in Westeros this season.

And as book readers know, that is an empty promise.

Archived