Casterly Rock

Defeatarion

Let's assume for a moment that we will eventually see the rock in a POV. GRRM may have stated that we will but idk. How do you think we will see it? Cersei, Jaime or Tyrion? Or a completely different perspective like a Greyjoy Tyrell, or Dany. (Just throwing those out there). Will it be in a peaceful POV or violent (Like a battle)? What's your opinion? Sidenote: I read that GRRM stated Willas and Garlan Tyrell will be more important in the next books. If true, are any of you excited for this? What do you think their major roles will be? For me personally I always found the talk about Willas interesting. He seems like he could be a player in the game.

I was hoping we see it from Dany's POV while she and her dragons are burning that bitch to the ground. And Dany is smiling while it crashes or melts on Tywin's worthless disgusting carcass and the home of his forefathers getting completely demolished.

Yes, please!

My bet is Cersei or maybe Tyrion/Dany later.

I'm moderately interested on Willas, but I want Garlan to play a big part fighting the Ironborn. I think Willas could marry Asha, though

I think Willas has the potential to be a gamechanger. Assuming Mace dies Willas is then Lord. We know he's smart as hell. Could be another mastermind. And yes Garlan will be exciting. He seems like he's also a good person if you know what i mean.

I think we will see it from Ser Kevan, when they send him the invitation to be regent. I can't think of another time where we would see it, up to DWD of course. After that, who knows.

Eh, one small bolt shaped problem with this.

Although that might be where we see it in the show...

Meh. I'd be fond of more Kevan in the show, I love this character, but I guess they won't find a castle on a cliff just to film Ser Kevan reading his appointment.

My bet is on Tyrion.

I was hoping we see it from Dany's POV while she and her dragons are burning that bitch to the ground. And Dany is smiling while it crashes or melts on Tywin's worthless disgusting carcass and the home of his forefathers getting completely demolished.

And Tyrion laughing maniacally the whole time. Yeah, I think the most likely bets are Tyrion or Dany-though MAYBE Cersei or even Jaime right before he kills Cersei.

I do want to get a description of CR since I'm curious like that, but somehow you just know you're not going to like the place much. I mean Winterfell has been practically a major character in its own right since the first book, and it holds a place near and dear in your heart. It has a sense of permanency, of history, of tradition that commands loyalty. Riverrun too brings to mind images of beauty, and serenity, and family life. The Water Gardens in Dorne sound idyllic. But fairly or unfairly, I always picture CR as being very grand and very VERY ostentatious but something of a monstrosity as well with no sense of "home" about it or feeling of sacred heritage like WF.

And Tyrion laughing maniacally the whole time. Yeah, I think the most likely bets are Tyrion or Dany-though MAYBE Cersei or even Jaime right before he kills Cersei.

I do want to get a description of CR since I'm curious like that, but somehow you just know you're not going to like the place much. I mean Winterfell has been practically a major character in its own right since the first book, and it holds a place near and dear in your heart. It has a sense of permanency, of history, of tradition that commands loyalty. Riverrun too brings to mind images of beauty, and serenity, and family life. The Water Gardens in Dorne sound idyllic. But fairly or unfairly, I always picture CR as being very grand and very VERY ostentatious but something of a monstrosity as well with no sense of "home" about it or feeling of sacred heritage like WF.

I really don't see why Tyrion would be laughing as she burns his birthright and his freaking castle...

How did Dany's men get into Meereen (or one of those Essosi cities anyway)? Through the sewers.

And who had the sewers of Casterly Rock draining better than anyone else ever did, and thus has thorough knowledge of them? Tyrion.

Obviously we will see CR during the invasion, as Tyrion goes in through the sewers and startles everyone long enough to get the gates open for Dany's forces.

How did Dany's men get into Meereen (or one of those Essosi cities anyway)? Through the sewers.

And who had the sewers of Casterly Rock draining better than anyone else ever did, and thus has thorough knowledge of them? Tyrion.

Obviously we will see CR during the invasion, as Tyrion goes in through the sewers and startles everyone long enough to get the gates open for Dany's forces.

That's a brilliant catch. Maybe it is foreshadowing. Nice job, that'd be pretty cool if it was to be.

Archived