Casterly Rock

Defeatarion

I guess it's possible, I just don't see ot happening that way.

If he has easy access to the current heir of the throne via his Dornish allies, of course he is going to use her.

If he does NOT do this, he has to FIGHT his way into King's Landing, which would vastly reduce his popularity and therefore his hold on power. Using Myrcella and waltzing into KL without a fight is by FAR the best strategy for him.

If he has easy access to the current heir of the throne via his Dornish allies, of course he is going to use her.

If he does NOT do this, he has to FIGHT his way into King's Landing, which would vastly reduce his popularity and therefore his hold on power. Using Myrcella and waltzing into KL without a fight is by FAR the best strategy for him.

Where does King Tommen fit in this scenario?

Who said anyhting about taking on? Theyre RAIDING, as long as they have the advantage at sea the greenlanders will never be able to get at them.

Except you also talked about them taking CR, which would be impossible to do on a raid.

I'd like to see Casterly Rock at one point, and I can see it potentially coming from a Lannister POV in ADOS at the end perhaps. It won't be Cersei, since I don't think she'll ever leave KL before her death, althogh either Jaime or Tyrion returning with most of their family left in ruins could possibly be an excellent chapter. Or a Jaime/Tyrion reunion at the Rock.

Yeh but if they plan to kill Myrcella, they can marry Arianne and fAegon afterwards.

Poor Myrcella.

Except I don't think Arianne is going to wait that long, and besides Myrcella is on her way back to KL. None of the Sand Snakes wanted Myrcella dead.

Sure....

AFTER he marries Myrcella in order to take the throne without a fight, then has her killed.

Except there is nothing pointing to Aegon marrying Myrcella, in foreshadowing or COnnington's thoughts. COnnington wants to save Aegon for Dany, and I don't think he would marry Aegon to the daughter of the Usurper, or Kingslayer's bastard.

The Reynes never owned CR. They had their own seat of Castamere.

ETA: would be an interesting development though.

I have speculated that Ned's mom may have been a Reyne and she was the one talking to the tree about a son to avenge her in Bran's vision.

Well not totally sure, but my top bet would be Tyene kills him. As a septa she will have access. Right now we know he is constantly surrounded by septas.

She might frame the Tyrells for good measure though

Poor Margaery. 3rd time is supposed to be the charm haha

I have speculated that Ned's mom may have been a Reyne and she was the one talking to the tree about a son to avenge her in Bran's vision.

Shame none of hers sons did that. Benjen is missing and the other two are dead. Still if a grandson managed it she probably wouldn't quibble.

Marrying Aegon to Myrcella would actually be smart. And then they can frame Stannis/Mel or Dany/Tyrion for her death, thereby getting the people even more firmly on Aegon's side.

Shame none of hers sons did that. Benjen is missing and the other two are dead. Still if a grandson managed it she probably wouldn't quibble.

Marrying Aegon to Myrcella would actually be smart. And then they can frame Stannis/Mel or Dany/Tyrion for her death, thereby getting the people even more firmly on Aegon's side.

M+A exactly. Or frame someone else who is in the way anyway.

As for the Reyne thing, it is a weak speculation but there is the obvious fact that Rickard Stark was busy making important alliances via betrothals for his kids - Lyanna and Robert, Brandon and Carelyn. So perhaps that was about preparing the ground for said revenge.

I have no clue why a Stark would marry a Reyne though, so there is that problem.

Archived