The 100 - someone had to start this thread

denstorebog

I needed a new show to binge through between work and on the treadmill, so I decided to give this a shot. I remember I tried once before and quit not even halfway through the first episode. I'm on episode 11 of season 1. The first couple were kinda hard to get through, but I think it's starting to be OK.

I really wish it wasn't all teenagers down there from the ship. Some are kinda annoying. I actually don't mind Clarke as the lead though. I had to give up on that Revolution show because I couldn't stand the main girl.

I'm really interested in finding out more about the Grounders and the Mountain Men. I also heard Zach McGowan, AKA Charles Vane, is in season 3. Excited to see him, I like that guy. Hopefully he's somewhat like Vane on this show.

Yeah, but it will be very hard (for me) not to picture Charles Vane in any Zach McGowan role, he's a great actor, but the uniqueness of his appearance make it so that he's totally not a chameleon actor to me.

Anyway, war is back in The 100 ! 

Well, and that Roan is an exiled-prince and Vane a former slave, but yeah, other than that, I cant say Roan has any substance so far (unlike Vane who's pretty damn well written), but I have (perhaps a misguided) faith that the writers for The 100 will make something interesting out of the character, I dont think they're bad characters writers, so who knows.

Just finished season 2 and I'm starting to love this show. I still can't believe this is a CW show. I haven't watched many, but I usually hate what they put out.

I love Clarke. She is a natural leader and can make the hard, but necessary, decisions. Both mid and season finales were hard decisions, but they had to happen to protect her people. I'm glad at least Bellamy sees it that way. He should definitely be Clarke's #2. It's time for Abby and Kane to start trusting the kids and step aside and let the actual leaders with experience in this world lead. I'm glad Kane at least kinda sees it this way.

So in season 3, do they go back and take Mt. Weather for themselves? I think it would be a huge mistake on their part if they didn't. They can get the main power going again and fix what they need to and be set for life with the food, water and weapons there. Plus, that was the original plan for the 100, I don't see why they would abandon it now that it's there for the taking.

I'm probably gonna wait a few more episodes before starting season 3. Really looking forward to Zach McGowan though.

I recently had cause to rewatch seasons one and two.  I found myself wondering why I made fun of it so much when it first aired.  Sure, the fake space science is ridiculous and some of the relationship drama was terrible, but they settled down after a couple of episodes.  Outside of that, the show is really good and dark.  

But this season, damn.  It's bad.  This crap with Bellamy makes no sense.  His sudden 180 has happened too fast.  He's been a hothead in the past, but it was usually because he didn't have accurate information.  His latching on to Pike seems like it's happening because one of the writers thought they had a good idea and went with it without thinking about whether or not it would actually work.  Or maybe the actor wants off the show and they are going to have Clarke Finn him or something.  

Everything else has been great.  It's too bad this Bellamy plot is ruining it all.  

First mistake this season. Bellamy, wtf?! Pretty inconsistent. They should have picked someone else for that. Like Raven or I don't know. But not Bellamy.

It's a shame, the rest is perfect. I liked how they took us off guard by having Nia directly taken prisoner at the start of the episode, while we all probably thought there would be a long war.

He's also right, those two have fantastic chemistry together.

I'm going to trust the writers, Finn last season might have been a little too quick as well but it was worth the pay off and I know they are writing characters first and foremost. It's possible Bellamy recognized where things were going and is playing Pike, but that will stretch belief if so that he was going to go along with the ambush. 

Eh, the Bellamy stuff doesnt surprise me, as to me The 100 is at it's core a love story and people doing crazy out of the blue things out of love or desire is pretty common.

Finn's desperate attempts to find Clarke resulting in that village's death

Lincoln putting his life on the line multiple times for Octavia and defying his people

Lexa dropping the iron lady persona more than once, making her look vulnerable and weak, due to Clarke

Jasper completely going off the rails

Also, these folks are supposed to be adolescents age-wise.

13 hours ago, Pliskin said:

You're mean, they were cute.

If by they you mean Jasper and Maya, I disagree, I felt they were forgettable and lacking in real romantic chemistry.

Yea but Bellamy's decision isn't out of love. It's him ignoring 2 seasons worth of crap he's gone through to listen to a guy who just showed up. He grew as a character, went from trying to kill everyone to being a good leader and a decent guy. Now he wants to kill everyone who doesn't look like him because of a threat that he knows doesn't exist and a bomb that was set off by one clan that he knows is bad. If he wanted to go kill the entire Ice Nation, fine, but to put all grounders into a box and say they should all die is completely against everything he has done over the past two seasons. If anything, he should be the one standing up against Pike because he knows the truth and has been fighting this "war" long before he even showed up.

I agree, Mexal, Bellamy's actions aren't comparable to other characters that have been listed here.  Bellamy rushing off to Polis without verifying information is totally in character for Bellamy.  Even with his growth, he has consistently been the sort to react without having all of the information.  Things are different now and he knows more about the situation on the ground than he did in season 1.  In this case, he now has all of the information about who is who and is choosing to react despite knowing that the information Pike is trying to sell is incorrect.  I think it might have made sense if Raven were the one leading the charge with Pike.  She's been so fucked over and wounded by everyone that her getting involved in a scorched earth plan would almost be understandable.  But Bellamy?  This isn't him, and it also doesn't appear to be any sort of believable symptom of possible PTSD.  Instead, they bring in a girl to fridge just so Bellamy can experience his manpain so they can drive a conflict plot that could have easily come about more organically.  

1 hour ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I agree, Mexal, Bellamy's actions aren't comparable to other characters that have been listed here.  Bellamy rushing off to Polis without verifying information is totally in character for Bellamy.  Even with his growth, he has consistently been the sort to react without having all of the information.  Things are different now and he knows more about the situation on the ground than he did in season 1.  In this case, he now has all of the information about who is who and is choosing to react despite knowing that the information Pike is trying to sell is incorrect.  I think it might have made sense if Raven were the one leading the charge with Pike.  She's been so fucked over and wounded by everyone that her getting involved in a scorched earth plan would almost be understandable.  But Bellamy?  This isn't him, and it also doesn't appear to be any sort of believable symptom of possible PTSD.  Instead, they bring in a girl to fridge just so Bellamy can experience his manpain so they can drive a conflict plot that could have easily come about more organically.  

LOL. so true

Archived