The 100 - someone had to start this thread

denstorebog

In the moment I enjoyed it, but on reflection some of the writing choices felt awfully contrived to me. I think it just comes down to excellent characters and acting sustaining it for me. I'm still pissed about the way they handled Lexa, and the bigger issue really was the out of show stuff, so what it's done is destroy any belief and trust in the show runners and my excitement for the show. But I can still enjoy episodes on their merits

15 hours ago, Pliskin said:

They really need to stop spoiling us with those casting announcements... It's the third one in a few weeks.

Hahahaha ! Yeah ! But at least we get to see Zach McGowan's acting chops on our screen again, and I'm sure as hell not complaining ! ^^

15 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

I overall like it more than the previous season, but that doesnt' excuse the first few episodes being kinda braindead.

But hey, disagreement is okay, after all we disagreed on Monty and his cure for insomnia relationship (and many other things) as well. It's all good.

Yeah, the whole Bellamy stuff really crippled the beginning of the season, but the latest episodes managed to fix that ! 

Speaking of Monty (even though you meant Jasper)... I'm glad there was some kind of waking up for him in this episode, I really couldnt believe he was siding with Pike (even though he was influenced by his mom).

Oh, and Murphy is still amazing as always, and I really love the whole Grounder mythology for the Commanders and "flames" the show is setting up, I'm really invested in that story arc ! 

smh.  It's as though the writers are pulling out of a hat 'insensitive things to show on tv' and going from there. This season is almost imploding on itself.  I admit that the show is even further tainted for me after having read about some of the behind the scenes stuff.  Jason Rothenberg and his staff are pretty horrid creatures.  I can't unknow the things they've done with the cast and fans, especially those fans who are particularly vulnerable.

Specific commentary about this episode - the Bellamy story gets worse.  Not including Raven in an episode, even if only showing that she still exists is frustrating.  It's obvious Clarke is going to end up with Lexa's brain bug inside her own brain stem, which I wish they'd just get to because having Clarke separated from her people all season has gotten old and stale.  Hopefully Octavia channels her anger in a good direction and doesn't turn into Bellamy 2.0 or Clarke 2.0.

Really liked this episode.    

The Pike story is over, except Octavia kicking Bellamy's ass some more.    Now it's the 13th tribe against the City of Light.  

I thought Raven's fight against ALIE was really well done, Raven trying to drown her out by overloading stimulus, but then getting taken over after ALIE opened up the floodgates of pain and memory.     Then the transition to an ALIE controlled Raven breaking Abby.   And Jasper finally waking up and doing something.

Yeah, that scene was... I think the directors and editing team are confused about how that scene was written.  Every piece of dialogue made it clear it was rape, but the lighting and camera angles treated it like it was some sort of sexy flirting.  

The Ark survivors now being the Thirteenth Tribe, having found their way (back) to Earth, and with a large Battlestar Galactica cast crossover, all makes a very bizarre kind of sense.

On 08/04/2016 at 10:26 PM, Werthead said:

The Ark survivors now being the Thirteenth Tribe, having found their way (back) to Earth, and with a large Battlestar Galactica cast crossover, all makes a very bizarre kind of sense.

Oh god, Clarke's not going to turn out to be an Angel is she?

The people seeing androids who aren't there is very BSG.

On 09/04/2016 at 9:06 AM, Pliskin said:

And the fact that Gaeta this time is not on the Hate the Grounders team is even weirder.

Pike's argument didn't have a leg to stand on.

Another great episode, like how it was focused on the original group.   ALIE-Raven tearing through everyone one by one, hopefully they're all over their self-pity now and united.

Poor Monty, that was brutal, guess it's his turn to suffer.

2 hours ago, Leofric said:

Another great episode, like how it was focused on the original group.   ALIE-Raven tearing through everyone one by one, hopefully they're all over their self-pity now and united.

Poor Monty, that was brutal, guess it's his turn to suffer.

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-07.gif

On another note, will somebody please either call Jasper out on his bullshit or kill him?

17 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Jasper is the sanest of the group, he was great this episode. And definitely progressed towards rehabilitation.

Monty would like a word. Even if Jasper was the sanest, that is a very low bar and he has immense trouble functioning so him being sane is VERY debatable.

I like Monty, but let's not forget that he's a guy who kept working for Pyke for quite some time...

Jasper, as difficult as it was for him to deal with his PTSD, never betrayed himself or went blind on one's actions.

Archived