The 100 - someone had to start this thread

denstorebog

17 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I like Monty, but let's not forget that he's a guy who kept working for Pyke for quite a some time...

Jasper, as difficult it was for him to deal with his PTSD, never betrayed himself or went blind on one's actions.

Your Monty argument is lousy. He had very little choice regarding working for Pyke, he happened to be at the camp with his mother at the time (whom he hadnt seen in a very long time), so him being on his mother's side (which is Pyke's) was very understandable. He also worked from within to help his friends, further proving the sanity of his actions. Perhaps its not something you agree with, but it's a sane decision considering the circumstances.

Jasper went blind with his actions multiple times, he constantly alienated people around him, which was very dangerous in a situation where you need unity to survive in a very violent and chaotic world. If he acted the way he did in real life under those circumstances people would have probably abandonded him much earlier. Also keep in mind that at the start of the season, Monty implied that Jasper had been drinking himself into oblivion for quite some time. Him only blaming Clarke for the Mount Weather situation and not Bellamy was odd as well and any sane person would have understood that there was no way Jasper could have saved those people in that situation either. It was do or die and Clarke was forced to make a damned if you do, damned if you don't decision.

5 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Your Monty argument is lousy. He had very little choice regarding working for Pyke, he happened to be at the camp with his mother at the time (whom he hadnt seen in a very long time), so him being on his mother's side (which is Pyke's) was very understandable. He also worked from within to help his friends, further proving the sanity of his actions. Perhaps its not something you agree with, but it's a sane decision considering the circumstances.

I don't deny any of this. His actions being understandable don't make them less questionable. I don't want to go into Godwin's law, but I guess you see what my point might be (you either resist or collaborate, that is a choice you do).

10 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Jasper went blind with his actions multiple times

I meant other people's actions. There's no denying he acted douchy, this is his right. If you can understand someone following his mother, why wouldn't you understand someone going through a period of grief and trauma?

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I don't deny any of this. His actions being understandable don't make them less questionable. I don't want to go into Godwin's law, but I guess you see what my point might be (you either resist or collaborate, that is a choice you do).

No shit, I already said this.

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I meant other people's actions. There's no denying he acted douchy, this is his right. If you can understand someone following his mother, why wouldn't you understand someone going through a period of grief and trauma?

Uhm where did I say I cant understand going through a period of trauma and grief? I can fully understand this, I can also understand that some handle it better than others and in my eyes (and that of the friggin narrative itself)  he is not handling it well , which may not necessarily be his fault, there is a biological factor associated with psychological health as well and some people handle horrible events better than others.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently im the only one still watching this show, but I dont give a shit. I loved the season finale, Pike got what he deserved, this season made me like Murphy (which at first was incomprehensible) and Lexa got a pretty damn awesome sendoff.

You are not alone.   It's the only CW show I'm still watching.  

Having Lexa pop up and kick ass was awesome.  Was hoping to have an army of former Commanders pop out of the Flame to help her and Clarke, but Lexa was an army of one.

It was a great season finale.   I wasn't sure if Ali was lying about the nuclear reactors, but assuming it is real, then they may still need Becca and the Flame, so hope they bring back Luna.  

Loved how when the Ali shutdown, everyone who was chipped had all their pain dumped on them. 

Octavia ends the episode with a Pike drop. ;)

3 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Apparently im the only one still watching this show, but I dont give a shit. I loved the season finale, Pike got what he deserved, this season made me like Murphy (which at first was incomprehensible) and Lexa got a pretty damn awesome sendoff.

I'm still watching and agree, great season finale. Really enjoy this show when they're not making lazy writing decisions (Bellamy's earlier arc).

I totally admit the season was ups and downs and full of lazy writing moments, but it had its great ones as well, and I for one found the whole ALIE idea and story arc clever and interestingly written.

I'll be back for next season ! It's sure as hell not one of my favourite shows, but it's still a damn good guilty pleasure ! 

Goes to show how much your mindset can skew how you receive a piece of media as the finale just fell flat for me. The plot this season managed to feel simultaneously too rushed and not enough happening, with the latter i think being a result of not having the time to dwell in events because of the rush. In  particular the City of Light show down just didn't do it for me, it felt like there should have been an entire episodes worth of stuff to do in finding the kill switch but instead it's just a couple of small skirmishes with an ultimately unsatisfying Lexa cameo.

Wasn't sufficient pay off to justify how the first half season left me, so I won't be back to season 4.

And that attempt at profound speech from Clarke might have worked if restricted just to emotional pain from loss, but it just comes across trite and ignorant when you put it in the context of chronic pain. You endure that shit, and you sure as fuck welcome things that ease it.

I loved almost everything this season, but funnily I thought Lexa in the finale was really bad and absurd fanservice.

It made me realize I really like Luna more (which says a lot), and hope she gets to the frontline next season.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I loved almost everything this season, but funnily I thought Lexa in the finale was really bad and absurd fanservice.

It made me realize I really like Luna more (which says a lot), and hope she gets to the frontline next season.

All good bruh, you also thought Jasper was the sanest of the party, The avatar comics were great, the eng dub to Cowboy Bebop was horrible and Arslan is an anime where the lines between evil and good are really blurry. We understand you have different views from most and like you anyway.

6 hours ago, karaddin said:

Goes to show how much your mindset can skew how you receive a piece of media as the finale just fell flat for me. The plot this season managed to feel simultaneously too rushed and not enough happening, with the latter i think being a result of not having the time to dwell in events because of the rush. In  particular the City of Light show down just didn't do it for me, it felt like there should have been an entire episodes worth of stuff to do in finding the kill switch but instead it's just a couple of small skirmishes with an ultimately unsatisfying Lexa cameo.

Wasn't sufficient pay off to justify how the first half season left me, so I won't be back to season 4.

And that attempt at profound speech from Clarke might have worked if restricted just to emotional pain from loss, but it just comes across trite and ignorant when you put it in the context of chronic pain. You endure that shit, and you sure as fuck welcome things that ease it.

I get where you're coming from with the city, my guess is they just ran out money.

The speech Clarke gave didnt really do it for me either, I was more like "uhm no shit, Sherlock, you're just getting this now?". But I believe she was talking about emotional pain only, not the physical. Still a stupid thing to say by the writers.

7 hours ago, karaddin said:

That fucked up speech was the icing on the rage cake for me.  I hated so much about this season, way too much bothered me or made me downright angry but I had reached a point in the last few episodes where I figured this show was good enough so long as I completely shut off my brain and didn't think about the optics or implications of the various plots.  Mostly I just wanted to be able to finish out the season and see if it could get better.

Then this bullshit about overcoming pain.  Fuck. That. Noise.  It felt like a final 'fuck you' in a long line of 'fuck yous' from the writers and showrunners.  

3 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

All good bruh, you also thought Jasper was the sanest of the party, The avatar comics were great, the eng dub to Cowboy Bebop was horrible and Arslan is an anime where the lines between evil and good are really blurry. We understand you have different views from most and like you anyway.

Instead of going off topic, you could have commented on why you disagree about the fanservice...

Btw, I don't even remember talking about the Avatar comics (Avatar as in Last Aribender I guess) here, but yeah I do like them more or less. So, wait, who are you? Do I know you from somewhere? Are you spying on me? You're creeping me out :P

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Btw, I don't even remember talking about the Avatar comics (Avatar as in Last Aribender I guess) here, but yeah I do like them more or less. So, wait, who are you? Do I know you from somewhere? Are you spying on me? You're creeping me out :P

Child please<_<

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Instead of going off topic, you could have commented on why you disagree about the fanservice...

I pointed those things out cause oftentimes it seems like you are just being contrary, just to play commander contrarian, but okay.:P

I felt it was a nice and fitting ending for Lexa. Raven activated the killswitch and it made sense that Clarke's protector would take the form of the person she loved. I felt like the reason Clarke loved Lexa, was because they were both young women who were forced into leadership roles and violent situations (and thus they could understand eachother).

It would make sense that Lexa would come in with blades swinging, slicing up those attacking Clarke and then immediately returning to her to give her a hug. Lexa, or this virtual version of her, went down the way she should have went down, fearlessly slicing away at folks, not out of bloodlust, but out of a sense of protection towards those she cares about (mixing her role as warrior and guardian, which can be two completely different things). If anything defined Lexa, it was the fact that while she was more than capable of becoming a bloodthirsty tyrant, she always put the wellbeing of the people she cared about first.

Actually I knew about Lexa's comeback in the CoL (due to spoilers or trailers, don't remember, but whatever), that's something I was looking out for (since, as pretty much everyone, I'm in love with Lexa, see here I'm not doing mister contrary). Maybe that's why I was disappointed by the whole thing. But it really felt ridiculous, cliché, and just badly staged.

As someone pointed out, I would have preferred an entire set of Commanders, with Lexa at their head. With the commanders being quite detached from the current state of earthly affairs (like you know, they've ascended and don't really care anymore), but still trying to help Clarke the way they can (caring but not caring).

I was much more satisfied by the duel between Rebecca and ALIE1, than I was by Lexa's comeback.

7 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

That fucked up speech was the icing on the rage cake for me.  I hated so much about this season, way too much bothered me or made me downright angry but I had reached a point in the last few episodes where I figured this show was good enough so long as I completely shut off my brain and didn't think about the optics or implications of the various plots.  Mostly I just wanted to be able to finish out the season and see if it could get better.

Then this bullshit about overcoming pain.  Fuck. That. Noise.  It felt like a final 'fuck you' in a long line of 'fuck yous' from the writers and showrunners.  

I looked around for someone else ranting about it to piggy back off and didn't find any, so had to do my own here but yeah. It really really fucked me off. And it being emotional pain in the style of grief alone doesn't work because ALIE took away physical pain. Is Raven's leg going to stop hurting next season now because she's 'overcome' her pain?

Put me in the camp that would have felt more ok with all the commander's rather than just Lexa. Sure it showed some of what was important to her as a character, but it didn't show any of what made ADC shine in the role, it just felt cold and artificial.

Archived