The 100 - someone had to start this thread

denstorebog

Has someone been reading the book ?

The second book is scheduled for september, but the showrunner (Jason Rothenberg) seems to have already written season 2 (or at least laid the plan of it) given his interviews.

Do season 1 adapt the first book faithfully ? Or did they diverge ?

If it's the former, it would be interesting to know if he works with the author and knows the outline of book 2 before its release.

Anyway, I have to say I enjoyed the show. And liked Rothenberg's interviews. Looking forward to season 2.

Red it. :)

Book is bit different, Bellami is more like Finn and Finn doesn't exist. Clarck is mors like Octavia and Wells is still alive. Kane doesn't exist and both Clarck's parents are both dead. There is no Raven, shame but there is one girl who escaped from the 100 ship and is now on Arc. We have 4 pov characters, Bellamie, Clarck, Wells and girl on the arc and that is it. So far in book one they haven't done much, more happened on the show. Wells is creepy and borderline obsessed with Clarck, his father is dick, there is mention of 13th colony that was exiled, there is no mention of mountain men, and the book ends with the 100 realizing they are not alone on the ground and ppl on Arc realize there is no more oxigen. They had no bracelets and no contact with the arc as far as I know. I find show to be better imho.

• 4 months later...

I agree not a bad season premiere at all. I like how they distributed people,who ended up with who etc. The only thing I kind of didn't like was the ending scene. It was meh. It was so obvious that Jaha was probably halucinating or somehting. Like they could have forgotten a baby,yeah right.

The good, they are all spilt up, and nobody really is sure they are where they should be.

The bad, the people from the Ark, are just too stupid. They dropped the kids, with no training, no warning and little supplies a year ago. Now they are on the ground, telling the kids to fall in line, because we have "rules" even though the adults broke all of them since then? Yes, the character is being true to himself (at least who he was at the start of the show) but he grew and started to change at the end of last year, and it seemed like a piss poor sub-plot.

The Mountain's President (while I like the actor) seems too much of a cliché. The kind gentle leader, that not telling the everything? Even if it is just wanting to breed the kids w/ theirs to get that great blood, which I believe there is more.

The good, they are all spilt up, and nobody really is sure they are where they should be.

The bad, the people from the Ark, are just too stupid. They dropped the kids, with no training, no warning and little supplies a year ago. Now they are on the ground, telling the kids to fall in line, because we have "rules" even though the adults broke all of them since then? Yes, the character is being true to himself (at least who he was at the start of the show) but he grew and started to change at the end of last year, and it seemed like a piss poor sub-plot.

The Mountain's President (while I like the actor) seems too much of a cliché. The kind gentle leader, that not telling the everything? Even if it is just wanting to breed the kids w/ theirs to get that great blood, which I believe there is more.

Yea I agree. The bad really really annoyed me. "I don't care if the guy murdered, tried to hang and turned on the kids on the ground, I only care about the fact that we have rules and you punched him for trying to kill you multiple times". How fucking stupid.

Yea I agree. The bad really really annoyed me. "I don't care if the guy murdered, tried to hang and turned on the kids on the ground, I only care about the fact that we have rules and you punched him for trying to kill you multiple times". How fucking stupid.

I thought he meant they are not settling stuff like that with fight to death. I actually thought they were going to have a trial or something similar,kind of looked forward to it...we'll see if they address the issue in later episodes or if this was just lazy writing to excuse Murphy being back with the group.

Yeah, I thought the same. That Kane meant that crimes called for a decent trial.

I hope we're not wrong. Because if Kane takes a liking to Murphy, it would just destroy the entire character development of Kane they did in season 1.

I thought he meant they are not settling stuff like that with fight to death. I actually thought they were going to have a trial or something similar,kind of looked forward to it...we'll see if they address the issue in later episodes or if this was just lazy writing to excuse Murphy being back with the group.

We'll see. Looked like Murphy was fine and Bellamy was the one in chains.

Am I the only one calling Murphy "Theseus" everytime he's on screen ? ^^

It's the nickname given to the character he plays on Continuum (loved this show, watched all 3 seasons in a row) and it's a fascinating character he plays amazingly.

Otherwise, very good The 100 premiere, looking forward to the rest of the season and thank you to Kobayashi Maru for posting the differences between book and show, that was a funny reading !

WRT to this show I have such a high tolerance for bad, if I didn't I would have dropped it after episode three. I can't think of any other show in which I turn off my brain so utterly and completely.

I agree not a bad season premiere at all. I like how they distributed people,who ended up with who etc. The only thing I kind of didn't like was the ending scene. It was meh. It was so obvious that Jaha was probably halucinating or somehting. Like they could have forgotten a baby,yeah right.

That's what I liked best about the premier - it should lead to a lot more diversity in story lines this year.

I was a bit bleary eyed by the end of the latest ep. What did Clark find when she broke out of Medical and traced the IV lines? Who were the people in the cages? Her missing peeps? Who was she talking to in the cage?

I was a bit bleary eyed by the end of the latest ep. What did Clark find when she broke out of Medical and traced the IV lines? Who were the people in the cages? Her missing peeps? Who was she talking to in the cage?

The people in Mount Weather are killing Grounders by draining their blood to use to heal radiation damage. They keep a bunch of Grounder prisoners on hand to treat their people. Clark was talking to Anya the leader of the Grounders that had attacked the 100 camp, who is one of the prisoners.

I finished Season 1 a couple days ago on Netflix. I intend to start Season 2 soon.

Not a great show. But an enjoyable show. The premise is cool, and the acting isn't bad really, especially given the amount of teenage melodrama there is.

The people in Mount Weather are killing Grounders by draining their blood to use to heal radiation damage. They keep a bunch of Grounder prisoners on hand to treat their people. Clark was talking to Anya the leader of the Grounders that had attacked the 100 camp, who is one of the prisoners.

Ah! Thanks!

A bit weird that they're hanging upside down like human IV bottles. Wouldn't standard transfusion processes work just as well? I guess the writers had to stretch for a little more creepy? *sigh* I also got the sense that they were drained to death. Again, why would that be? Just keep a lot of prisoners and rotate them so that they'd "donate" their blood and you'd have a constant supply of blood from your "blood slaves". Ewww... Unless the writers are going for a scenerio where they have to constantly "hunt" the grounders for more blood. :dunno: And I guess the grounders are too "savage" to have the situation explained to them and be convinced to donate blood voluntarily and combine their forces with the Mountain folk to battle the Reapers? The ol' Guns and Butter for Blood ploy?

Well I guess Murphy was prisoner too.

Not bad episode I still like how the story is unfolding.

Why did the Reapers only take male prisoners. they left both ladies on the ground?

Sexist Cannibals. Though being female. In this case. I'm kinda ok with that. (Sorry Guys)

Or maybe Man meat is the tastiest.

Actually I wondered the same thing. From Clarks encounter with the Reapers. There was a barely alive guy laying there. So leaving someone behind because they might be dead didn't make sense to me. Someone knocked out or injured are a less likely to fight back or try to escape. As opposed to beefcake warrior guys.

And that's another thing. The only thing I can figure is that Grounder Healer guy was playing along with Octavia. Otherwise I don't see how Octavia was overpowering and keeping him under control. He has to want to go along with it.

I've got to say. I'm somewhat glad Jaha made it to earth. Where did he land though? I know that bridge from somewhere.

So now do we get - The Adventures of - Jaha Alone.

Which I prefer to checking in on a slowly suffocating Jaha. Will he die soon? tune in next time. Where we will also see paint. Is it dry yet?

Clark was starting to annoy me a little this episode. I get it. Nobody should really ever want to be some weird cult's new breeding stock/blood donor. But her tactics aren't doing any one any favours.

Alright, yeah, I know. This show is shit. It's basically a big mix of Hunger Games, Lost, Battlestar Galactica and Paradise Hotel. Every goddamn episode ends with a montage and a song to remind you who the fuck the characters are, how they collectively feel and are doing, and how you should feel as a result.

Don't forget the granddaddy of them all "Lord of the Flies".

This popped up on my Netflix this morning so I was already in the process of doing my watch right now. Right off the bat I'm wondering why it took the adults so long to figure out that they were taking the wristbands off. The whole plan seems idiotic. What worries me is that there are alot of Continuum actors on this show which makes me wonder about the fate of that show. Still it is mildly watchable. Pretty good premise but the execution seems to just rehash alot of the popular tropes going around these days.

Archived