The ADwD POV you are most excited about

Summer

Jon= Cliche or no, doesn't matter. You all know he's one cool motha fucka.

Quentyn Martell= If he's as crafty as his father, or anything like his uncle, you know this guy's gonna be a cool motha fucka.

Bran= Not as cool as the other guys, but he'll probably have alot of Coldhands and Three-eyed Crow in his chapters. Both of whom are cool motha fuckas.

Sorry 'bout the language, too much Sam Jackson movies in one sitting have a negative verbal effect on me.

I understand about the Sam Jackson movies. If Quentyn is as smart as his father but also as badass as his uncle, then I am really looking forward to his chapters.

• 4 weeks later...

1) Bran

2) Tyrion

3) Dany

I'd care more about Asha and Jon if it weren't for the spoilers & Sam chapters. It's a Dance With Dragons and I want to see whether the dragons are literal or if it means Young Griff/Fake Aegon, Bittersteel heir, Quentyn, etc. If Tyrion weren't such a good character, I might swap him with Quentyn.

1- Jon, we only caught a glimpse of him in the last book, and he's a favorite of mine.

2- Dany, to see how she's coping with the burden of rule and her rapidly growing dragons.

3- Martin's words: "I'm adding some chapters from the point of view of one of the characters featured in the first lot of Ice & Fire miniatures from Dark Sword, a character who has never had a POV in any of the earlier books." This would be either Mel, Loras, or the Hound (if he has miraculously escaped the Reaper). Any of these would be nice, but we've already had the crippled warrior view (Jaime), so I'm leaning towards Mel.

I...I really can't decide.

Originally I was gonna say something flippant about Asha cause I hear she gets it on early in the book and I am all for that. Then I realized I actually was interested in Asha's chapters, and come to think of it, Theon's too, because holy shit Dreadfort. Then I realized the real important stuff up North is probably happening at the Wall and there's a ton of potential for cool scenes between the Watch & Stannis's army. Then I thought about poor Davos and wondered if he'd make it out alive. And then it occurred to me -

- yeah, I think you see my point. It's all going to be awesome.

Personally, I'm more interested in what Archmaester Marwyn may reveal through his commentary. If I have a secondary choice, it would be Barristan the Bold's discourse with Dany. Secondary characters add much to the depth of the series. :mellow:

Dark clouds now do gather

All hope and pray in vain

De gloriia olivae, Petrus Romanus

Two popes alone remain.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Jon

2. Davos

3. Asha

with Theon in a close 4th.

Honestly I'm wayyy more interested in the way things play out between King Stannis and Roose in the north than anything going on elsewhere.

* with the exception if Mel is the Dark Sword Minature character POV she becomes #2

Dany, not because I like her character particularly, but because she'll be at the center of a lot of interesting things happening.

After her, probably Bran because I really want to know what's up with the Three Eyed Crow and Coldhands.

Triskele,

There's no evidence that Quentyn has anything Oberyn-like about it him, it must be said.

This doesn't stop the legions of Oberyn fangirls from wishing it ;). (I agree though, I actually think he might be the anti-Oberyn.)

I'm most excited about the mystery POV.

Then it's a tie between Quentyn, Dany, Tyrion and Jon. There's no way I can actually pick one of them.

Just so long as its not another totally irrelevant POV in there I will be somewhat happy. Maybe and then only if he actually advances the storyline to any credible degree. At this point to be honest I am not sure if I will even bother with the next book since the way its going I am wondering if the series will ever be finished.

Archived