The ADwD POV you are most excited about

Summer

• 2 weeks later...
Tyrion....I love this man! :hat:

Tyrion of course: we get a window on Dany that up to now we had to infer from her POV, plus the comedy of Tyrion struggling to control his innate horniness when he sees her for the first time. I think she'll have him wrapped around her finger. I could see Illyrio (the Perfumed Senechal?) trying to manipulate her with his other minions, and have Tyrion betray his plans to her.

• 1 month later...

Tyrion - great character and one that will hopefully make the Dany story more interesting (sorry, but I really find it dull)

Jon - lots of dynamic at play for him, having to cope with internal problems in the Night's Watch, Stannis, the Wildlings, Melisandre and with Robb's decree again tempting him away to Winterfell.

Quentyn - always nice to see a new face

I confess to being confused about the POVs in this one though, will there be a returning POV and two new POVs then (Quentyn and the one featured in Dark Swords' first series of miniatures i.e. Loras, Sandor or Melisandre)?

Arya and Tyrion are the most enjoyable to read for me, but I'm really curious about what's happening in the north, so I guess Theon/Asha/Jon/Mel/whoever are the ones I'm most looking forward to.

Hm, and on my last reread I actually enjoyed Bran's chapters. So those will be good too, I think.

And then there is Dany and Tyrion. Who are going interesting places with their stories, but I am losing interest in them as characters.

And Quentyn Martell and the possible Loras POV will tie things to AFFC pretty well.

I'm really looking forward to this book, I realize.

Tyrion - great character and one that will hopefully make the Dany story more interesting (sorry, but I really find it dull)

Jon - lots of dynamic at play for him, having to cope with internal problems in the Night's Watch, Stannis, the Wildlings, Melisandre and with Robb's decree again tempting him away to Winterfell.

Quentyn - always nice to see a new face

I confess to being confused about the POVs in this one though, will there be a returning POV and two new POVs then (Quentyn and the one featured in Dark Swords' first series of miniatures i.e. Loras, Sandor or Melisandre)?

The one from the miniature series we only know about since january this year, so yes, you're right, that one is on top of the ones we already new about; the new PoV (quentyn) the returning PoV (Theon). Also GRRM mentioned in his blog he did a Sansa chapter so we'll see a bit of her , as well.

All the storylines in ADWD have amazing potential, I'm looking forward to all of them really..

Although probably the most to the Bran chapters, he's probably my favourite PoV

• 4 weeks later...

If Sansa Stark is in, as I've noticed a few posts saying she will be, then Sansa is probably the viewpoint I'm most looking forward to.

And if anyone had said to me at the end of A Game of Thrones that I'd say this when looking forward to Book 5 I would have just laughed.

After Sansa, Theon.

• 2 weeks later...

okay, was thinking about this last night while rocking my boy to sleep.

(I haven't read through the entire thread, so if someone else already said this, you can shoot me later)

my thoughts on the new PoV is Osha.

it's been since the end of CoK since we've heard anything from little Rickon. He's probably still a bit too young for a PoV of his own, so i am thinking we will find out what's happened with Rickon, Osha, and Shaggydog from Osha's PoV.

oh, and the (edit) 3 PoV's I am most looking forward to are:

Jon, Arya, and Davos

Tyrion, Sansa, and Jon, and a little bit Arya.

I was excited to see sixskins on the list until it said he was the prologue character :( Maybe he will end up like the eagle guy (can't remember his name) and remain in the snow bear or shadow cat, that would be cool.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Tyrion

2. Arya

3. Daenerys

Tyrion is my favorite POV, along with the other Lannisters. Arya's POV has become pretty interesting ever since she came to Bravos, and Dany is sort of the focus of things right now. I'm also looking forward to anything even remotely related to Jamie, Cersei and Sansa. And anything to do with the Martells.

Bran's POV I couldn't care less about unless it somehow involved him and Hodor falling off a cliff to their untimely death.

Archived