The ADwD POV you are most excited about

Summer

is the idea of a crippled hero not cliche enough for you?

It's plenty cliché, it's the good old story of an outcast boy who becomes a hero. GRRM just chose to make him disabled instead of a bullied boy or an orphan. From the moment Bran fell down the tower, it was obvious he'd become a hero.

I'm still hoping for some GRRM-like twist to make Bran a little less cliché, but I'm not so sure there will be one.

Making a POV about the man who pushes kids out of the window, now that's a little bit more original.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else crossing their fingers for a Loras POV? I think it'd be great step into his shoes, especially now that he is [supposedly] burned. I think this would make for an interesting and tragic story, since he is renowned for his beauty.

I see a lot of people who are thinking it's going to be Mel -- why do you think so?

Is anyone else crossing their fingers for a Loras POV? I think it'd be great step into his shoes, especially now that he is [supposedly] burned. I think this would make for an interesting and tragic story, since he is renowned for his beauty.

I see a lot of people who are thinking it's going to be Mel -- why do you think so?

I see nobody's answering you, so I might as well :)

Read this link, it has all the latest news on ADwD.

And:

SPOILER: spoiler
It says there will not be a Tyrell PoV in ADwD, and Sandor is already out, so this leaves Mel. But I hope to see more of Loras (and Margaery) later on.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I know this is probably a dumb question or already covered, but...

I was reading on wikipedia that ADwD is introducing an unknown POV from the miniatures line, which has been ruled to be either Melisandre, Loris or the Hound. Wikipedia also says that GRRM said it is not the Hound.

How do we know it's not the Hound? As far as I can see, the only explanation is that GRRM said "sandor is dead, and sansa may be as well, there is only Allayne Stone" in answer to "Will the Hound and Sansa meet?", but bear in mind that ADwD will take place at the same time as AFfC, and Sandor Clegane was still alive the last time he was seen in ASoS. At the very least, there is a portion of time where (if Brother Norbert wasn't lying) the hound isn't dead, which may be part of ADwD.

Thoughts?

Arya/Tyrion of these two I have very little clue which one I want to read more. I think I lean a little bit toward the creepy death cult though.
I always like these two too a lot. Probably because both have to deal with many stuff unwanted, not always do in a 100% adequate way, but still are characters I like a lot.

I once was close to wish for a Hodor chapter, but I admit that could have gotten a bit boring. Like...

Walder

Hodor. Hodor. Hoooodooor.

Hoooodooor. Hodor.

Hodor. Hodor. Hoooodooor. Hodor.

(and so on...)

I wanna know what happens to Davos, so whoever's thread answers that question is one I'm excited about, probably the man himself.

Dany can curl up and die for all I care, but I do want to see what Ser Jorah does with himself.

And, well, the Wall and beyond is where the real action is happening so there's Bran and Jon who will be giving us insights into that part of the world. Jon's PoV will also give us access to Stannis and Mel for added interest.

Tyrion is a perennial favourite.

Theon's fate is going to be of interest too.

So

1. Jon

2. Davos

3. Tyrion

• 2 weeks later...

I was gonna start a new topic on this but for some reason I am unable to start a new topic in this forum, so I may as well post this here.

I'm looking forward to finding out what Quentyn's like. If he's a young stud with a heart of gold and good intentions I'll be highly disapppointed. I really hope he's an evil bastard, or some kind of manipulative creep. Or a psycho or masochist or something.

I totally hope he's not a nice fella.

• 2 weeks later...

From the previews I've read so far, the Reek POV has me the most interested.

Other than that it would probably be Davos just to know how he survived the cliffhanger from the other books. There doesn't seem to be a weak POV in my opinion.

I honestly think that Brynden Blackfish will be a POV

let's hope against all odds :D

i'd like to see him waging his guerilla warfare against lannisters and frays...

we shouldn't be holding our breath for it, though

1. Arya

(large gap)

2. Tyrion

(small gap)

3. Jon

Arya is my favorite character by a healthy margin. I hope she ultimately reunites with Nymeria. And kills everyone on her list. It's like Kill Bill, a movie I loved.

I don't really care what happens to Sansa. I wished she'd grabbed Joffrey and plummeted off the tower with him. That's about the only time I cared when Sansa said or did something. It sucks to not have a direwolf.

Bran is even more uninteresting than Sansa, but only because Sansa is a girl amongst danger. The gender roles in medieval history are SO different from modern times that I find it fascinating reading. The fact that Sansa is the birthright Lord of Winterfell, a wedding trophy, married to Tyrion, AND a virgin is bound to politically explode somewhere.

Daenerys is ok, any kind of Discovery Channel ecology narrated by David Attenborough about dragons is welcome reading. I mean, it's difficult to *not* like Dany, but I don't find myself cheering for her either. It seems like she'll have everything she needs to eventually become Queen of all Westeros (birthright, 3 loyal dragons, battle experience, and ruling experience), the realm will likely prosper because of her. Sort of like the story of Cleopatra but with dragons. The craziest thing I can imagine for Dany's invasion is Bran becoming so powerful that he 'mindsteals' one of her marauding dragons and THEN we'll see what happens. I'm really glad someone made GRRM "put the dragons in" which it says on one of the dedication pages.

Arya, Tyrion, and Dany.

Arya most of all, I think mainly because her story could really just go anywhere. Fucking ace cliffhanger at the end of AFFC. I wonder when her chapters take place. I also wonder if we'll be giving only three chapters again. (Ahh, I suppose I should be glad we're getting any at all.)

Tyrion and Dany I look forward to just because it's been so long since we've seen them.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty much looking forward to all of the POVs. The only ones I find a little boring are Sam's and Brienne's.

Jon's is probably the one I'm least looking forward to in ADWD. I think he's a more cliched character than Bran. The bastard of questionable parentage, he's Good and Wise Beyond His Years, a young prodigy, sent right where the main threat to the realm is, all set up to be a hero... having said that, it's ASOIAF, so it'll still be awesome reading. My guess is by the end of the novel he won't be Lord Commander any more. He'll fend off all these threats - wildings, Queen's Men, Stannis, Mel, Others, Ironborn, Boltons, whatever the fuck else there is - but be betrayed by his own. Also a big hint is that he's the 998th Lord Commander. I'm sure we'll see the big 1000 by the end of the series.

Dany and Tyrion's POVs are always a treat so I'm pumped for those. Also interested to see where the hell Bran is.

Archived