Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Summer

The ADwD POV you are most excited about

289 posts in this topic

Tyrion, Bran and Dany, although I have to admit part of me does want to see Jon because there are exciting things happening in the north.

Latest tally:

Tyrion Lannister: 35

Jon Snow: 34

Bran Stark: 30

Daenerys Targaryen: 23

An returning POV (most say Theon Greyjoy): 11

Arya Stark: 8

A new POV: 7

Davos Seaworth: 5

Asha Greyjoy: 4

Tyrion and Jon really shot up this time around...

Ayra, then Tyrion, then Jon.

Jon and Tryion's have been in my top five for the whole series, but Arya takes precedence because it'll be a continuation of what we saw in AFFC.

Bran

Davos

Dany

I happen to think the new POV is Quentyn, and that must be interesting.

Tyrion is one of my fave characters, but I thought he was annoying in the sample chapter on GRRM's site! He better shape up :)

Tyrion - The guy is funny as hell!!! Kinda hope he finds someone who loves him for the good person we all see in him.

&

Bran - I wouldn't be surprised with his POV ending with the discovery of The Children of the Forest ---> living in some Godswood in the North

Jon Snow

Tyrion Lannister

Daenerys Targaryen

Those three's absence, more than anything else, I believe, is what led me to rate AFFC as... certainly not "bad," but not quite as good as its predecessors.

Tyrion

Bran

Jon

Tied for fourth are Danny and the new POV. Not putting Danny in the top 3, since the consensus seems to be that Tyrion's POV will be a part of telling her story, and Tyrion will tell it in amuch more entertaining fashion. New POVs are always great. I think a Rickon or Osha POV would be really interesting, especcially if they get caught by the Boltons or wind up in Greywater Watch.

Bran, Dany, and Jon. The three characters that drive this story. Everyone else are characters the story moves around.

is "all of them" an acceptable answer?

tyrion especially, though, if you must know. (i've spared myself the spoiler of the sample chapter i know is floating around)

Hi guys/gals,

I kind of missed something... Why is Arya on the list? Wasn't she in A Feast... so why will she be in A Dance

{Personally can't stand her POV, it is at times interesting, but I lose my patience with her}

The overlap, I believe, is a few Arya and Asha chapters in both. I guess you could argue that with Arya in Braavos she's outside of the King's Landing/south Westeros area. I'm assuming she'll get a few chapters about her FM training :)