Tommen and Tywin (book spoilers)

Are you the same dude who insisted that it was Brienne who was burning on the pyre in the trailers for the show instead of just the random Florents?

Perhaps identifying characters on screen isn't your "thing".

Ian Gelder has not appeared on the show thusfar this season and it's extremely unlikely he's going to.

Are you the same dude who insisted that it was Brienne who was burning on the pyre in the trailers for the show instead of just the random Florents?

Perhaps identifying characters on screen isn't your "thing".

Ian Gelder has not appeared on the show thusfar this season and it's extremely unlikely he's going to.

Well, you have a good memory, I give you that, dude.

But if you looked closely, which you haven't, you see that the "random Florents" are not seen in the trailer. Only from a different angle, the "Brienne" from the vengeance trailer looks totally different like the Florents and is on another setting, and has a totally different scream, dude.

So, rewatch it, and watch closely, dude, before randomly insulting other people.

I fucked Jaime on the morning of my wedding, the queen recalled. "I do," she said, "I feel reborn, as if a festering boil has been lanced and now at last I can begin to heal. I could almost fly."

From Dances with Dragons: Cersei admits that she had sex with Jamie on her wedding night when she is locked up in her cell awaiting trial.

Cersei had sex with Jaime on the morning of her wedding. On her wedding night she had sex with Robert who was drunk and called her "Lyanna".

What I meant by saying Hoster didn't *consent* was that he was the one who proposed the marriage between Lysa and Jon and Jon Arryn consented/agreed to Hoster's proposal -- he had no heir, so a fertile woman is a good match, but the way it's presented in the books is that he wanted Hoster's army, and that's why he agreed to the marriage.

Before the rebellion, there was no marriage pact for Lysa, just Cateline & Brandon.

So, he agrees to marry Lysa, and treats her dutifully, I get no creepy vibe (like I do from Walder & Littlefinger). There are other marriages (or proposals) between young women and old men, and it does happen in the real world as well, arguably for similar reasons. Lysa wasn't happy about it, but she was in love Petyr and would presumably not have been happy with anyone else.

Having been pregnant out of wedlock, Lysa was soiled goods and therefore beneath Jon Arryn's notice. Usually marrying a hedge knight would be the best she could hope for so Lysa should be very grateful that her father managed to marry her off to Jon Arryn who is a Lord Paramount.

Well, you have a good memory, I give you that, dude.

But if you looked closely, which you haven't, you see that the "random Florents" are not seen in the trailer. Only from a different angle, the "Brienne" from the vengeance trailer looks totally different like the Florents and is on another setting, and has a totally different scream, dude.

So, rewatch it, and watch closely, dude, before randomly insulting other people.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Here's the trailer, with the woman tied to the post that's in flames at 0:55: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1810017049

In E2, the Florent who is screaming along with Selyse's brother is the exact same person. She has short blonde hair and is wearing the exact same robe and tied up the exact same way. Pause the episode if you want to see it.

The reason you aren't getting the exact shot from the trailer with the exact same scream is that they often use alternate takes and different angles in trailers because the episodes aren't 100% edited at that time. It's why in E1, the way Jaime says "but the war is not won" to Joffrey is done in a completely different cadence and inflection than the way he says it in the trailers. It was an alternate take.

I'm incredulous that you think Kevan was somehow magically tucked away in the show even though Ian Gelder's name has not appeared in the credits (and even random featured extras who have no lines get their names in the end credits) and the guy you're talking about doesn't even look like him. Imagine my surprise that you're still hanging on to the weird notion that you saw Brienne burning in a trailer when EVERY SINGLE other person who has seen that screenshot did not even remotely come to that conclusion and we've even passed the point of the show where we've actually seen that scene occur.

I think that conversation was one of their best book deviations so far. It was a great establishing character moment for Joff's successor (who's obviously going to differ a bit from that kid we saw on Cersei's lap back in S2) and both of them nailed it. It really captured the sort of person the new king is and Tywin's history lesson was entertaining. It admittedly felt bizarrely upbeat, but still... great scene. This Tommen has potential.

Loved it. Tywin effectively placed Tommen under his guardianship and Cersei wasn't even able to get a word in. He's going to make sure that there isn't a Joffrey 2.0 (or an Aerys II 3.0). As for what came after...well, anyway.

I also really liked that scene, it was very well done.

Very punishing for Cersei, but she endured that emotional pummeling from her father in silence, and this makes it harder for the audience to watch.

Interesting choice for an add-on scene in the show too - since neither Tywin nor Tommen are POV characters in the books, so to see something of their future interaction is a treat. (And Tommen is also aged-up from the books too, so that changes the dymanic.)

I was unsure about the aging up of Tommen after last week's episode, but I think it really worked in this scene. Charles Dance is just a perfect Tywin and I loved seeing him take control.

Before the rebellion, there was no marriage pact for Lysa, just Cateline & Brandon.

Hoster and Tywin were in the process of establishing a marriage pact between Lysa and Jaime. They met to discuss dowry.

The reason it didn't go ahead was because Cersei convinced Jaime to join the Kingsguard.

"But if I join the Kingsguard, I won't inherit Casterly Rock"

"Which do you want more? Me or the Rock."

Jaime then says they had sex many times until he agreed to her plan. As soon as he agreed, she left and they didn't see each other again for many months, but he was then invited to and accepted an invitation to the KG. Obviously these events happened before Lysa fell pregnant. Perhaps Lysa threw herself at Baelish in response to the marriage negotiations going on.

Archived