[spoilers] Nitpicking with impunity

....this creates all kinds of problems.

Like what? Other than your ass being sore, i fail to see what problem that caused. It has no effect on the plot as a whole other than Tywin making a point.

Didn't like how Tywin said that no one will leave the city and Sansa & Dontos left the city so easily. I mean they made Tywin look like an absolute fool.

You know, i think that was the point of the shot. <.<

I only had beef with Sam taking Gilly to Mole Town cuz i dunno...eehh.

And Chekhov's Necklace being smushed really tans my hide.

You'd think id be angrier about the Jaime/Cersei scene, but im not. I mean, it bugged me a bit but im not as mad as i should be. Cant figure out why either.

I only had beef with Sam taking Gilly to Mole Town cuz i dunno...eehh.

And Chekhov's Necklace being smushed really tans my hide.

You'd think id be angrier about the Jaime/Cersei scene, but im not. I mean, it bugged me a bit but im not as mad as i should be. Cant figure out why either.

It bugged me because it looked like it was meant to irritate fans, rather than making sense. Narratively, I don't think it was that bad, although it was out of place and time. In books, Jaime has JUST got back to KL and has just seen Cersei after almost a whole year.

That Shireen and Davos scene was so terribly predictable. As soon as he picked up that book I knew it would somehow reference the Iron Bank and he'd have a crazy epiphany :idea: .so typical.

I don't like anything they are doing with Stannis at all.

Aside from that, sad that Oberyn covered his chest in that Tywin scene :lol:

-Didn't like how they changed it so Bron cant even speak to Tyrion, and is suspected, but still trains Jaime in next weeks episode. Bronn not fighting the mountain is a character moment we wont get.

-Don't like how relatively calm Tyrion is at the whole" Im locked up for a crime I didnt commit" or lack of anger, this is supposed to be his breaking point, and why he cracks later, with the trailer seeing him cry(presumably after Oberyns death) really you see the character change. Tyrion laughs manically after Oberyns death, he has no self pity and starts crying, he literally starts to loose himself a bit.

-Didn't like how they changed it so Bron cant even speak to Tyrion, and is suspected, but still trains Jaime in next weeks episode. Bronn not fighting the mountain is a character moment we wont get.

The subject of Tyrion seeking a trial by combat hasn't even been raised yet, so I'm sure we'll get the scene with Bronn.

Though possibly after betraying St. Tyrion we will see Bronn chased by demon children and hang himself from a tree in remorse.

The Dany thing also got my nerves. Not only she is at arrow range, but stands just a few feet behind Daario. I mean, the other guy might have easily passed by him and trampered her, or at least it was a possibility. I was hoping Ser Barristan or Ser Jorah to move a little and stand between her and the fighters at least.

The show always does dumb things like this. Stannis fighting on the front lines without a helmet was probably the most ridiculous scene on the show. "Hey I'm the King so let's charge into a field of enemies with nothing but my thinning hair to stop an arrow or a sword".

This is the same show where Dany lets her dragons get kidnapped. So she's a complete moron. Standing near a city wall with archers, completely unprotected, is normal for show Dany.

The thing with Stannis and his shiny head in the BW is basically that if you put him a helmet he looks just the same as the other hundreds of extras. The same happens north of the wall. You'll never see the main characters use a scarf covering their faces or hat even if their whiskers are freezing. We may not like it, but it was a decision the costume people from HBO made to make it easier to recognise the characters.

That Shireen and Davos scene was so terribly predictable. As soon as he picked up that book I knew it would somehow reference the Iron Bank and he'd have a crazy epiphany :idea: .so typical.

I was really surprised when Davos mentioned the IB loan. My unsullied brother caught it inmediatly, but I must say I didn't see it coming at that point of the story.

And yes, Pedro Pascal turns my tv on fire. HBO!Oberyn seems to be a nymphomaniac, but I don't think Pedro is going to show more flesh than he has so far. A shame...

Didn't like how Tywin said that no one will leave the city and Sansa & Dontos left the city so easily. I mean they made Tywin look like an absolute fool.

yeah, they even escaped the red keep in a single scene and were outside of the walls of the city within 1 min... If only Stannis had chosen Ser Dontos as the commander of his forces at the Blackwater :bang:

That Gregory House moment was the best scene of the episode... something that is sad in hindsight.

Was anyone else supremely disappointed by Daario's fight with the Meereen champion? I mean I knew the scene wasn't going to be anywhere near as entertaining as the book version, but come on. That was probably the most boring fight I've seen on this show. Didn't she say to give them a show? Really short show. Dagger to the horse and behead the guy on the first strike and done. BORING!

Oberyn being shown as little more than being bisexual, as if that's the only side to him, since they focus so heavily on it. They haven't even referred to him as the Red Viper yet, or explained the origins of the name, yet half his scenes have been in brothels, and pointless as well. We get it, he's bisexual and him and Ellaria are sexually active. Wow, how amazing. Can we move on now, y'know, to actually important stuff?

I think the guy playing Oberyn is doing a good job, and the writing for the scenes aren't necessarily bad, but it's just dragging on and becoming redundant. I would much rather see the stories of his visit to Casterly Rock and duelling the Yronwood lord than all these brothel scenes.

I haven't watched S1 and my memory may be foggy, but was this first episode where we actually see part of a penis (from the Meeren champ peeing) ?

We saw Hodor's, Theon's and the wine merchant's in season 1, as well as the male whore Olyvar's in season 3.

I like you, let's have a cookie :3

:thumbsup: Yes lets.

Was anyone else supremely disappointed by Daario's fight with the Meereen champion? I mean I knew the scene wasn't going to be anywhere near as entertaining as the book version, but come on. That was probably the most boring fight I've seen on this show. Didn't she say to give them a show? Really short show. Dagger to the horse and behead the guy on the first strike and done. BORING!

Kinda disappointed he didnt shit, but the pee was good enough i suppose. Its times like that, i miss Strong Belwas.

Oberyn being shown as little more than being bisexual, as if that's the only side to him, since they focus so heavily on it. They haven't even referred to him as the Red Viper yet, or explained the origins of the name, yet half his scenes have been in brothels, and pointless as well. We get it, he's bisexual and him and Ellaria are sexually active. Wow, how amazing. Can we move on now, y'know, to actually important stuff?

I think the guy playing Oberyn is doing a good job, and the writing for the scenes aren't necessarily bad, but it's just dragging on and becoming redundant. I would much rather see the stories of his visit to Casterly Rock and duelling the Yronwood lord than all these brothel scenes.

Oh yes this is bothering me as well. They have already completely ignored Loras's skills as a warrior, and in every scene he is in the focus is on his love/sex life. And now they are doing it with The Red Viper. :bang:

ETA: And I'm really troubled by what this says about the show's attitudes conserning sexual minorities...

Archived