How well will the Unsullied do in Westeros?

Caezaire

Yes but the prescense of the archers forced the French knights to dismount - meaning they had to leg it across a massive muddy field, where a bunch of them reportadly drowned and the rest were likely fecking knackered by the time they reached the English lines

The French started with a fairly effective charge of cavalry, the barding of the horses prevented the arrows from doing much damage. The problem: the barricades made it impossible for the horses to close in after the English retreated behind them.

The French started with a fairly effective charge of cavalry, the barding of the horses prevented the arrows from doing much damage. The problem: the barricades made it impossible for the horses to close in after the English retreated behind them.

According to what I was taught the only thing the French charge achieved was making the mud even worse

According to what I was taught the only thing the French charge achieved was making the mud even worse

That's an...overly simplified view, if you ask me. How effective the French charge was is hard to tell, since the sources from within the english lines are...limited (if I recall correctly there's only one, and that one not named).

Certainly, though the charge was not as effective as it could have been, due to the dense forest and the entrenchment. And yes, of course such a charge would churn up the mud. All in all, not the brightest decision (and, as happens, not a part of the battle plan the french had drawn up prior to the battle).

That's an...overly simplified view, if you ask me. How effective the French charge was is hard to tell, since the sources from within the english lines are...limited (if I recall correctly there's only one, and that one not named).

Certainly, though the charge was not as effective as it could have been, due to the dense forest and the entrenchment. And yes, of course such a charge would churn up the mud. All in all, not the brightest decision (and, as happens, not a part of the battle plan the french had drawn up prior to the battle).

Ah, I stand corrected then - thanks for information

Archived