Who could know about Jon's parents ?

Lccf

If Jon indeed is Lyanna and Raeghar's son, I wonder how it's supposed to be confirmed. Since I don't see Ned leaving incriminating evidence behind, a message to Jon for example, who could be still alive, and aware of his identity ? Cat obviously isn't, since she's continually hated Jon.

Let's say a Targaryen loyalist knows, since anyone else would have sold Jon to the Lannisters. I guess Baristan doesn't know, or else he would probably have gone to Jon, not Dany. Varys probably doesn't either, or else he'd push Jon forward, not some dubious "Aegon".

So, should we expect the truth to be revealed in a green dream / vision ??? But if so, Jon himself may never know ... Who am I missing ?

You're missing Howland Reed. He was with Ned when they found Lyanna. Also, Barrastan Selmay may know. He was a Kingsguard and very close to Raeghar. Kingsguards keep the King's secrets. They don't tell what they know. He most probably knows of the relationship between Raeghar and Lyanna because it lasted more than 9 months. He may know of the birth.

Well of course we haven't heard yet about the secret Targ birthmark, the three-head-shaped red spot on all their left arse cheeks. They've all got one...Aeris, Aemon, Dany, Jon, Rheagar, even Blackfrye (F)Aegon. George just forgot to tell us so far. It will be revealed that Targs, in an odd family tradition way, have long called their left butt cheeks "The Dragon," and they are very proud of their three-headed birth tattoos. And that's why one does NOT want to wake the dragon.

Howland Reed for one, possibly the Reed children.

There are crackpot theories that Rhaegar and Ser Arthur Dayne are still alive...

Possibly someone at Starfall...

Even Ashara Dayne might know, if she is still alive.

Then there's Eddard's letter he wrote in the black cells, if he wrote one, in which case Varys would know.

Ashara Dayne - if she is alive

Gerold Dayne might know I wonder why Doran calls Dayne the most dangerous man in Dorne

Wylla - Jon and Edric Dayne's wet nurse

Howland Reed and possibly the Reed Children since they were surprised how Bran knew so little about the knight of the laughing tree

Bloodraven

Bran may know now thanks to Bloodraven

You're missing Howland Reed. He was with Ned when they found Lyanna. Also, Barrastan Selmay may know. He was a Kingsguard and very close to Raeghar. Kingsguards keep the King's secrets. They don't tell what they know. He most probably knows of the relationship between Raeghar and Lyanna because it lasted more than 9 months. He may know of the birth.

Welcome!

We don't know if Barry was close to Rhaegar who was the Prince not the King.

Well of course we haven't heard yet about the secret Targ birthmark, the three-head-shaped red spot on all their left arse cheeks. They've all got one...Aeris, Aemon, Dany, Jon, Rheagar, even Blackfrye (F)Aegon. George just forgot to tell us so far. It will be revealed that Targs, in an odd family tradition way, have long called their left butt cheeks "The Dragon," and they are very proud of their three-headed birth tattoos. And that's why one does NOT want to wake the dragon.

I keep saying it's the ears. Somehow, Jon Connington will see Jon and will say "Oh god... I love those ears!". And that's why Maester Aemon never reprimanded Jon by pulling his ears. He could have realised the truth.

Howland Reed and whoever else was at the ToJ, plus whoever else might have been able to piece it together.

Howland Reed- was present for the fight with the three Kingsguard and is listed as a survivor.

Wylla (or whoever might have also been at the ToJ)- it doesn't make much sense for only the Kingsguard and Lyanna to have been at the ToJ. If Lyanna was pregnant (which we have to assume, since we're talking about this theory) then someone would have at least brought a midwife. Plus, there may have been servants, a squire perhaps. We don't know. The text doesn't tell us, except for one tiny clue in Ned's flashbacks when he holds Lyanna's hand and after she has died he says "that is how they found him", which implies more than just Howland Reed.

The Daynes- Ned returned the sword Dawn to Starfall after the ToJ. Almost anyone there could have picked up the story, though we have to assume that Ned did a somewhat good job at covering up given that "Ned" Dayne, whom Arya meets later, is convinced that Jon's mother is Wylla. Then again, the young lord of Starfall isn't old enough to have any memory of those days. Who knows what the older Daynes think?

Ned Stark's bannermen- Except for Howland Reed there isn't any textual evidence that Ned's bannermen know what happened at the ToJ, but as we've seen they aren't stupid. Some of them had to have heard about the bastard that Ned fathered and thought "This guy? No." But then they graciously kept their mouths shut because they would assume that the Ned must have a good reason for doing what he's doing. And who wants to call their liege lord a liar?

The family of the slain Kingsguard- The Whents (I believe) are extinct. We've talked about the Daynes, but what about the Hightowers? One thing I find suspicious is that no one speaks about the three slain Kingsguard as if it is a mystery how or why they died. Doesn't anyone find it strange that the captain of the Kinsguard, plus two others, including a man who was supposedly the finest sword of his day, were killed while guarding a dusty tower in the Dornish Marches? Yet no one asks the question. In fact, to my knowledge, no one besides Ned ever discusses the specifics of how they died. I for one would love to hear what the Hightowers think.

Those who could figure it out with a little more information- Just speculation, but I think Tyrion or Samwell might. That's just a guess. I don't have much time right now to go into my reasoning.

Archived