I have come to a conclusion on book-Dany

Lady Arianne Martell

As much as I loathe her boring chapters, her incredibly annoying titles, her silly actions, and her mad hunger for power...As much as I hate all of that, even I can admit that book Dany is much more developed and interesting than TV Dany.

Why is it that I find TV Dany so one dimensional? I feel very similarly about Sansa...which makes me angry because Sansa is one of my favorites.

If this is on the wrong thread, please let me know.

Anyone else feel this way?

As much as I loathe her boring chapters, her incredibly annoying titles, her silly actions, and her mad hunger for power...As much as I hate all of that, even I can admit that book Dany is much more developed and interesting than TV Dany.

Why is it that I find TV Dany so one dimensional? I feel very similarly about Sansa...which makes me angry because Sansa is one of my favorites.

Weirdly enough I find Dany more engaging on TV, while I have to agree with your first statement.

Maybe it's not her per say but her arc is presented in a more dynamic way.

You'd be hard pressed to find a show character better developed than their book counterpart. Maybe a couple exceptions

Well not least because we are at least two books worth of stuff ahead in the texts, I suppose! But that will probably remain true wherever we are in the series, I guess.

You'd be hard pressed to find a show character better developed than their book counterpart. Maybe a couple exceptions

You've got the Tyrells, Varys and Littlefinger, Osha, and possibly Bronn, but I can't think of much else. Show!Dany is certainly one dimensional, but I think I find her dimension preferable to Book!Dany. Then again I could still be jaded due to the Meerenese knot.

Tv Dany is sucking the ratings teat and they have her on a "pedestal" where she can do nothing wrong, so yeah! she's super one dimensional on the show. Still, though... Tv Dany is cooler *dons biker shades*

Book Dany, way more character developement...

For me, the book and TV characters meld together in a way. The stories vary, as we know, and they do present the characters a little bit differently, but to me at all sort of adds up to one big whole.

I think the two, TV and Book, complement each other well in general. I'm not someone who is too critical of the differences between the TV show and the book, they both entertain me greatly. Of course, the book is canon and is much deeper and detailed, but heck, I like the visceral hack and slash and sex and intrigue on the screen too.

Having said that, Book Danny is much more interesting, but TV Danny is way hotter and she's not a teenager (well, they may say she is, but she's clearly an adult). What's not to like?!

i love the show (im not a book reader)

and i think is safe to say that Dany is definitely one of most popular characters on the show

for a grip on reality, you should try book dany. Also, you would be interested in book Daario.

They've taken away the bias of being in her head and compensated for it by, thus far, softening some of her harder edges. Like vaguely referring to "children" in Astapor instead of the more specific and arbitrary cut-off point of 12. The net result is the same: She looks better in the books because she's evaluating herself, and better on the show because up to this point they haven't shown her to do much worth overt criticism.

TV Dany is so hard for me to like because her quieter scenes break my suspension of disbelief. She just doesnt seem very...sharp or engaging. TV Dany is a lot of fun when shes getting ready to bust out with some badass stuff, but outside that, nope.

Im not too big on Book!Dany either cuz shes just in denial about herself. Thats really frustrating to read, man.

I actually like TV Sansa lot more than Book Sansa. TV Sansa self reflects. I like that.

I like TV Marg better too. TV Joff was amazing. And to say nothing of TV Viserys which was badass. TV Theon is shaping up to be pretty gr9 too. (Alfie Allen has the chops for that role, shockingly enough. Like omg...)

The book characters are more developed because they are literally POV characters. We are in their heads, we know their thoughts, their emotions, and their memories. We know what drives them, because GRRM actually tells us. On TV, we have only a third person perspective. We have to infer what is going on in their heads from their words and their actions.

The book characters are also more developed because we've had thousands more pages of story to deal with. The TV show is only ten episodes a season, and those get diced up between characters.

Archived