I have come to a conclusion on book-Dany

Lady Arianne Martell

She doesn't trust him though.

i'm speaking from the books pov i haven't watched the tv last 2 episodes because im waiting to dvr a few to watch them together/back2back. but she thinks he saved her from her aunt thats why he killed her, but I believe he planned it all.

I honestly don't understand this obsession some of you have, that all characters need to have some massive dent in their armour to be " entertaining". Dany in the show is just fine, she is the mother of dragons she is suppose to be this bad ass character that kicks everyone's ass.

Her drama should be centred around her Dragons, and GRRM and the writers are doing exactly that( dragons acting like 15 year old children and so on).

That's a very shallow understanding of Dany's character and arc - even more shallow than the show. The dragons are important as plot devices... but Dany's story is not about them; the dragons are most important in the way they aid (and reflect) her characterisation.

we can agree to disagree ,it doesn't read that way to me.

I suppose this excerpt could be interpreted either way, but I see it as her being aware that she cannot trust him but has to for sake of survival.

He is serving me lies as well, Sansa realized. They were comforting lies, though, and she

thought them kindly meant. A lie is not so bad if it is kindly meant. If only she believed them...

The things her aunt had said just before she fell still troubled Sansa greatly. “Ravings,” Petyr

called them. “My wife was mad, you saw that for yourself.” And so she had. All I did was build

a snow castle, and she meant to push me out the Moon Door. Petyr saved me. He loved my

mother well, and...

And her? How could she doubt it? He had saved her.

He saved Alayne, his daughter, a voice within her whispered. But she was Sansa too... and

sometimes it seemed to her that the Lord Protector was two people as well. He was Petyr, her

protector, warm and funny and gentle... but he was also Littlefinger, the lord she’d known at

King’s Landing, smiling slyly and stroking his beard as he whispered in Queen Cersei’s ear. And

Littlefinger was no friend of hers. When Joff had her beaten, the Imp defended her, not

Littlefinger. When the mob sought to rape her, the Hound carried her to safety, not Littlefinger.

When the Lannisters wed her to Tyrion against her will, Ser Garlan the Gallant gave her comfort,

not Littlefinger. Littlefinger never lifted so much as his little finger for her.

Except to get me out. He did that for me. I thought it was Ser Dontos, my poor old drunken

Florian, but it was Petyr all the while. Littlefinger was only a mask he had to wear. Only

sometimes Sansa found it hard to tell where the man ended and the mask began. Littlefinger and

Lord Petyr looked so very much alike. She would have fled them both, perhaps, but there was

nowhere for her to go. Winterfell was burned and desolate, Bran and Rickon dead and cold.

Robb had been betrayed and murdered at the Twins, along with their lady mother. Tyrion had

been put to death for killing Joffrey, and if she ever returned to King’s Landing the queen would

have her head as well. The aunt she’d hoped would keep her safe had tried to murder her instead.

Her uncle Edmure was a captive of the Freys, while her great-uncle the Blackfish was under

siege at Riverrun. I have no place but here, Sansa thought miserably, and no true friend but

Petyr.

I'm sure you dont try to influence her opinion or anything. :P

I actually dont, to be honest. Because most of Dany's bullshit doesnt hit her until she sits down and tries to rule, and explaining that is spoilers.

That's a very shallow understanding of Dany's character and arc - even more shallow than the show. The dragons are important as plot devices... but Dany's story is not about them; the dragons are most important in the way they aid (and reflect) her characterisation.

Her dragons are a really big part of her character though. They are what give Dany strength. They are what help shape her as a figure for those people following her. The dragon fire that burns away the chains of the slavers. She is the Mother of Dragons, the one who brought them back into the world. The moment she chains up Viserion and Rhaegal, she chains up a part of herself. Drogon's escape is also significant to her character just as his return is. Those dragons are a huge shadow over Daenerys as a character. They are not just plot devices.

I actually dont, to be honest. Because most of Dany's bullshit doesnt hit her until she sits down and tries to rule, and explaining that is spoilers.

Her dragons are a really big part of her character though. They are what give Dany strength. They are what help shape her as a figure for those people following her. The dragon fire that burns away the chains of the slavers. She is the Mother of Dragons, the one who brought them back into the world. The moment she chains up Viserion and Rhaegal, she chains up a part of herself. Drogon's escape is also significant to her character just as his return is. Those dragons are a huge shadow over Daenerys as a character. They are not just plot devices.

That's not disagreeing with anything I said, though. I said the dragons were important in the way they aid and reflect her characterisation. They also aid the plot (hence plot devices), but my point was that her story is not about them - it's about her.

HOW many times have they portrayed Dany as Jesus come again on the show?

Its gotten really stale. And it looks like its going to happen again. And please remind me when i said anything about her future storyline

As of now there isnt much to her. Except liberate everybody and be loved by the universe "on a pedestal"

Jesus is a perfect comparison for the show to make with Dany.

Why?

Because her massive crowd of TV worshippers will feel almighty uncomfortable when she brutally crucifies 163 men on crosses at a summary execution. If she's Jesus- why are others on crosses dying an agonising death????

I'm a Dany fan, but GRRM likes to wrong-foot people, and right now, the show runners (and GRRM at this stage of the books) are deliberately taking the Unsullied a little bit too far in one direction to off balance us. Book readers aught to know this.

Why?

Because her massive crowd of TV worshippers will feel almighty uncomfortable when she brutally crucifies 163 men on crosses at a summary execution. If she's Jesus- why are others on crosses dying an agonising death????

I'm a Dany fan, but GRRM likes to wrong-foot people, and right now, the show runners (and GRRM at this stage of the books) are deliberately taking the Unsullied a little bit too far in one direction to off balance us. Book readers aught to know this.

Quite the opposite. I am fully expecting to go out on social media Sunday night and see countless posts like "Khaleesi is such a badass! Don't fuck with the Khaleesi, etc, etc.

Quite the opposite. I am fully expecting to go out on social media Sunday night and see countless posts like "Khaleesi is such a badass! Don't fuck with the Khaleesi, etc, etc.

Of course there will be. They're slavers, after all. Plenty of book readers reacted positively to the scene; and I'm sure there will plenty of Unsullied uncomfortable with her actions too.

I'd suggest not relying on social media like Facebook or Twitter for quality analysis; because you're not going to get it.

Why?

Im filing this away for later

at the end of this season(s5 more like, probably)If this is true ill concede my point and admit Im wrong but i highly doubt this will happen. We'll see if her arc goes down the book path and show her fuckups for what they really are, without it be glorified

eta

ill probably forget but you get my point

Of course there will be. They're slavers, after all. Plenty of book readers reacted positively to the scene; and I'm sure there will plenty of Unsullied uncomfortable with her actions too.

I'd suggest not relying on social media like Facebook or Twitter for quality analysis; because you're not going to get it.

Most viewers don't give quality analysis. That is the point.

Hmm. I see where you are coming from, but I disagree. I feel like Daenerys isn't just thirsty for power, I feel like she is genuinely trying to help these people by saving them from slavery.I feel like in the end she may not even take Westeros, but may free the so called "Free Cities" (no slavery my bung hole) and the rest of Essos for that matter. She may end up taking Essos and then Westeros, I'm unsure, but I do feel like Daenerys as a ruler would be better than any other King. To be honest, as long as Euron and the other Iron Borne scum don't get Westeros (I laugh at their failed attempts), then I'm happy. I feel like she just wants to help people as she feels she can do this best. I'm 100% sure.

Hmm. I see where you are coming from, but I disagree. I feel like Daenerys isn't just thirsty for power, I feel like she is genuinely trying to help these people by saving them from slavery.I feel like in the end she may not even take Westeros, but may free the so called "Free Cities" (no slavery my bung hole) and the rest of Essos for that matter. She may end up taking Essos and then Westeros, I'm unsure, but I do feel like Daenerys as a ruler would be better than any other King. To be honest, as long as Euron and the other Iron Borne scum don't get Westeros (I laugh at their failed attempts), then I'm happy. I feel like she just wants to help people as she feels she can do this best. I'm 100% sure.

No way will she be able to take all of the Free Cities and hold all of Essos and Westeros. Braavos alone is simply too strong.

Archived