What if Joffrey was raised by someone else

Kaguya

I wish Jaime raised Joffrey. He would have been better parent than Robert and Cersei.

Jaime would have been a strict father who wouldn't have spoiled him too much like Cersei did. Also with Tyrion and Tywin around, Joffrey wouldn't dare to cause much trouble.

He would have been waaaay better. He still may have been an arrogant deuce, but he wouldn't be a complete sociopath.

I agree. The killing of the cats should have been a big red flag. The fact Cersei let it go made Joff's problems worse.

I wish Jaime raised Joffrey. He would have been better parent than Robert and Cersei.

Jaime would have been a strict father who wouldn't have spoiled him too much like Cersei did. Also with Tyrion and Tywin around, Joffrey wouldn't dare to cause much trouble.

Maybe post redemption Jaime

It would depend on if he is just a product of a dysfunctional childhood, he had no positive male role model & definite momma issues, however Tommen & Myrcella are doing pretty well so he probably is a sociopath.

If he was, no amount of alternative parenting or intervention would have helped. Sociopaths are usually extremely clever & actually learn from therapy - there is no cure. They seem to have no emotions apart from a sense of being superior to others. Having said that - not all sociopaths are serial killers, Psychologists believe that without them we may never have evolved past the hunter gatherer stage in human history & they are a necessary part of our cultural & societal development.

To see a difference compare him to say Cersei - her behaviour is cruel & calculating & probably also a result of a lack of love as a child. However it is clearly shown she loves her children & Jamie. Joffrey did not exhibit any redeeming qualities in any chapters that I read.

If Joffrey had grown up in Winterfell as Ned and Catelyn's ward, he might've actually turned out to be worthy of Sansa. Joffrey always wanted to be loved by Robert; with Eddard's influence, he might've actually learned to be more empathetic. It would probably have helped to have some older, bigger brothers to knock him down to size too.

If Joffrey had grown up in Winterfell as Ned and Catelyn's ward, he might've actually turned out to be worthy of Sansa. Joffrey always wanted to be loved by Robert; with Eddard's influence, he might've actually learned to be more empathetic. It would probably have helped to have some older, bigger brothers to knock him down to size too.

I am not entirely sure if one can learn empathy, but Ned would probably have restricted his sociopathy.

It would depend on if he is just a product of a dysfunctional childhood, he had no positive male role model & definite momma issues, however Tommen & Myrcella are doing pretty well so he probably is a sociopath.

Yeh I'm in the belief that it was Joffrey's parent figures that Caused him to fall. Robert ignored him and Cersei Coddeled him. Plus I think because Joff was Cersei's first, Tommen and Myrcela weren't coddeled as much.

If Robert paid a little attention to Joffrey, maybe forcing Joffrey to take up the sword with a skilled Master at Arms, perhaps Joffrey's psychopathy could be curbed to jousting and swordplay. It also would have curbed Cersei's influence over him. Cersei and Robert are both to blame for how awful he was, Robert for his neglect and Cersei for her involvement.

Archived