[TV/Book Spoilers] PTV Unsullied Thread Part 8

Independent George

I actually find the bookwalker thread funnier, wittier and faster than the unsullied one. Right now, they've been Dissing the Dragon Queen for a couple of pages, had me laughing out loud. It's just fun, is all. Sorry to say, I just contributed my own 'artwork' to the melee. And their revelations and speculations after Sunday's spoiler reveal were...amazing. (Are the Stark crypts under WInterfell actually empty?) :eek:

Its a great site. I like it a lot.

Praying for Meera, praying for Hodor and I don't think Jojen will live through the season - he's completely surplus to requirements even now and especially when Bran gets to the guy with the tree.

I think this person would agree with many a bookwalker on these boards then...

And I thought Stannis was interested in heading off the threat in the north, yet he has spent his screentime thus far concerned once again with becoming king rather than the larger threat. The end of last season was really misleading if we're just going to have another season of Stannis brooding in his castle.

What is up with that? I don't want to reignite the Stannis character assassination discussion, but why did the show lead on last season that that was where they were going, only to have them sit around Dragonstone and then make up the whole going to Braavos thing? I know Stannis & co. wouldn't have much to do this season otherwise, but seems to me the whole "the real fight is in the north" thing should have come maybe 2 eps before they actually show up to rescue the Night's Watch. Makes the show look bipolar.

While the WW reveal with the babies was interesting, I still don't really get why that's important. Okay. You have hoards of undead baby boys. What exactly can you do with zombabies? Do they still grow up into big man zombies?

Hilarious, and on point. And also creepy:

That seems like a lot of travel and work only to get a 8 lb sack dead baby. Maybe baby boys are the best ammo for the new trebuchet they're building.

What is up with that? I don't want to reignite the Stannis character assassination discussion, but why did the show lead on last season that that was where they were going, only to have them sit around Dragonstone and then make up the whole going to Braavos thing? I know Stannis & co. wouldn't have much to do this season otherwise, but seems to me the whole "the real fight is in the north" thing should have come maybe 2 eps before they actually show up to rescue the Night's Watch. Makes the show look bipolar.

Agree. But I guess the show's reasoning is (a) He has to go to the Iron Bank and get money for troops, whatever his next step, and b. hinting that he wants to go to KL now (when he said the Wall before) is supposed to make it a surprise when he shows up at the Wall, after all? Quien sabe? Seems a clunky bit of misdirection to me, but...that does seem to be what's going on.

haha, just discovered that if you're trying to put a letter in quotes, if you type ( and then b and then ) it becomes ( B).

So now they've opened up an entire thread devoted to trying to figure out what happened during Robert's Rebellion. I never thought I'd say this, but I kind of hope we get another brothel scene so Oberyn can deliver a thesis on the myriad geopolitical shifts and troop movements during the war.

So now they've opened up an entire thread devoted to trying to figure out what happened during Robert's Rebellion. I never thought I'd say this, but I kind of hope we get another brothel scene so Oberyn can deliver a thesis on the myriad geopolitical shifts and troop movements during the war.

Yes, I liked seeing that War Stories thread open, enjoy looking through it. I'm still amazed that they're able to pick out soooo many inter-connected details from bits and scraps of dialogue dating back seasons.

Rhetoric is fun, but they're still hacks.

http://s2.thejournal.ie/media/2013/07/joffrey.gif

Amazing how a couple of hacks can create one of the most critically acclaimed shows on television, that also happens to pull in absolutely huge viewing numbers (both legitimate and otherwise), and has effectively infiltrated popular culture on the level of such fantasy sagas as The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and Star Wars.

Except it's not just that Game of Thrones is "popular". The Walking Dead is "popular", and gets thrashed critically, and ignored at the awards circuit. It's fans don't consider it among the best shows of all-time, or even among the best shows currently on television. It's not sitting at a 9.5 on IMDb with over 500,000 individual votes. Your argument is both expected, and weak. I don't really care about changing anyone's mind and/or opinion, or arguing about anything - I'm just pointing out empirical facts.

The bottom line is that "hacks" don't get a network like HBO to run one of the most expensive shows they've ever put on the air. In fact, "hacks" likely wouldn't have been able to manage the production at all. "Hacks" wouldn't have been given the go-ahead by the author of the books.

I don't have the quote but I was scrolling through the comments in the AV Club Newbie Review and someone was listing his/her favorite characters and was like "...Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, and the new guy who wears pants at orgies" And then someone else wrote "Guy Who Wears Pants at Orgies would be an awesome AV Club username"

I swear, I couldn't stop laughing for about five straight minutes

"Our forces were stationed here -" *kisses breast* "... while Robert's converged here -" *kisses other breast* "... before Tywin rode through the gates -" *pelvic thrust*

Archived