(Book Spoilers ) - Queen of Thorns

StarkBlack21

Well if I was her, I'd be ready to get the hell out of Dodge as well. KL isn't exactly the most wonderful place on Earth, and if her... activities were to be found out, it'd be best to be as FAR AWAY as possible just to be on the safe side. Littlefinger's speech about his motives can also directly apply to the QoT as well imo.

She might return next season for that.

I hope. But I'm going to miss her dearly. The One True Queen :bawl:

Also, a bit off-topic, but this thread is as good as any. It seems they're setting up some kind of alliance between LF and the Tyrells, but in the books I always got the sense that he merely used them to kill Joff and that they had no secret contact with one another. What do you think?

I will miss her like hell. I wonder if she'll take on Willas' or Garlan's role in the future, when Euron attacks the Reach

And who's going to provide the snark about Tywin's smelly corpse??

IKR I hope she takes on another role, thats one change I'll be satisfied with, cause I love Olenna.

The available cast for the KL AFFC storyline for the show is looking awfully thin, now that on top of so many of the other important AFFC players being MIA (Kevan and Lancel), they're getting rid of Olenna.

I don't trust Littlefinger at all, and I totally thought, when I first read it, that him and the Tyrell's (or at least QoT since Mace seems to be a bumbling fool) were in cahoots. I see LF as being the ultimate at disseminating whatever plans he has for Westeros. In fact, if it were not for the Others and Dany's dragons, I'd think he would be #1 on my list of things that I'd need to watch out for. He's smart, he knows he is, and nobody except Varys (who I also think is super smart and a much more abler play of the GoT than anyone else gives him credit for) realizes this. I'm truly worried about LF's ultimate intentions and I can't wait to seem them played out (preferably in the books lol.)

It was LF's plan. He just made Olenna think it was her idea.

In the TV series, book or both? I was talking about the books specifically. When reading, I thought it was a Tyrell plot that Littlefinger capitalized on. In the series, it feels like a Littlefingers plot that helped the Tyrells.

Can somebody clue me in as to why in the Olenna/Margaery scene in this episode, did they flash to Margaery's chain as Olenna tugged at it towards the end of the scene? That didn't seem like an idle camera cutaway. That meant something.

Can somebody clue me in as to why in the Olenna/Margaery scene in this episode, did they flash to Margaery's chain as Olenna tugged at it towards the end of the scene? That didn't seem like an idle camera cutaway. That meant something.

Just alluding back to LF's scene with Sansa, where he told her about the necklace. Creates a connection for the observant viewers.

Just alluding back to LF's scene with Sansa, where he told her about the necklace. Creates a connection for the observant viewers.

If you're right then that's OVER-doing it. That connection had been made when Olenna said "oh but I do". The chain tug struck me as meaning something else. I was thinking the key to Tommen's chambers or something.

Yeah this was probably done purposely in case non book readers still hadn't connected two and two about the necklace yet and how the poison got from the necklace into Joffrey's cup. I'm guessing they felt the original scene was too subtle and most viewers probably missed it.

I too was hoping they'd change the storyline to keep Olenna around longer since they've changed it up for other characters coming and going when they weren't at KL in the books. But since she knows she might be suspect eventually it's probably obvious she should leave now. She gave Margaery the big clue so now we know Margaery really didn't know anything about the poisoning.

Archived