[spoilers] Nitpicking with Impunity

Nami

Bran at Craster's. I'm gonna have to watch it again, but that sequence seemed really bad directed

Cersei not mentioning Jaime's rape and him not giving two shits about it and went ahead to be "good Jaime" again. Ruined the character. Thanks HBO

Kit Harrington needs a haircut. His huge fluffy hair is bothering me.

Why are the mutineers keeping Ghost alive?

How did Bran and co. get so close to Craster's Keep and have no idea about it? Lame.

I don't even care about the Cersei and Jamie stuff since I knew they would ignore it, I'm more upset that they changed the entire dynamic from the book and they have Cersei rejecting Jamie instead of the other way around.

Marg the super spy...can just steal into Tommen's bedroom and no one the wiser? Lame.

"Kill the Masters" written in plain English on the wall in Meereen was pretty silly IMO.

Yeah, I at first thought it was Grey Worm who had written it since he said the same thing...but it still doesn't make sense why he would write it in the common tongue instead of either High Valaryen or the Ghiscari language...so, yes, stupid.

Was waiting for this thread :D

"Kill the Masters" written in plain English on the wall in Meereen was pretty silly IMO.

Yup very corny

-Margaery waltzing into Tommens chamber in the middle of the night

-Whatever the fuck they have been doing with Ghost these last seasons

-The Direwolves being captured and caged by the NW rapists

-Bran and Company getting captured

-Appearance of the White Walker at the end, I mean he looked ridiculous

Probably more, I normally would of complained about Aiden Gillen but I thought he was bearable last night.

Capturing the direwolves is a stretch, but I could buy it if it added something to the story. The problem is that it makes things even less believeable that they would capture Hordor and start beating him and stab him for no reason, but would capture, cage and feed Ghost... They can't have infinite supplies, so what's the point? Someone in another thread suggested guard dog, but you can't have a guard dog in a cage and expect him to guard anything, and you can't have a guard dog that is more dangerous to you than just about anything it could guard you from.

And though Bran will escape/the mutineers are going to die before it matters, I am curious how a bunch of Night's Watch deserters were planning on collecting a random for a noble hostage? Even getting the message to someone who cared enough to pay a ransom would be incredibly difficult and dangerous, much less collecting on it.

Likewise I don't see what Sam telling Jon about Bran being alive added to the story to justify changing it, and not only did he tell Jon, but Locke appears to have overheard them too, which is exactly the sort of situation that promising not to tell anyone is meant to protect against. And to top it off they decided to have the Sam tells Jon that Bran is alive moment off camera...

Meereen:

Even if that's how it's written in the books, the whole thing felt so easy when seen on screen.These cities have been around for thousands of years and it's that easy to invade them?
"Kill the masters" looked super dumb. All I could think of was "Life of Brian"
Dany on top of the pyramid looked really cheap.

King's Landing:
I find AG atrocious usually but he was alright last night. Almost S1-level (but then again, that's not saying much)
QoT: good riddance, her lines are about as subtle as Littlefinger's voice.
Jaime/Cersei: well we expected that from the whole "it was consensual" nonsense but Jaime being back to being a super nice guy felt especially jarring.
Tyrion bores me.

Wall/North

The guys at Craster's Keep are just painful to watch. How one-dimensionally evil can they be? Drinking out of Mormont's skull? Oh and let's throw in another rape scene for good measure, can never have enough of those eh?

Direwolves getting captured. Dumb.
Jon Snow's face.
The long horse ride leading up to the final scene looked absolutely fantastic but the Night King's [sic] looked like Picolo in Dragonball Evolution.

Also, WHERE IS VARYS?

The fact that Craster's Keep is only 60 miles from Castle Black. That's only 2 days ride/3-4 days march!!! The Night Watch is really a bunch of wussies. Weren't they all completely exhausted and needed a few days rest once they reached the Keep at the beginning of ACoK.

Also Bran's wig :stunned:

This thread is basically why I think this season will be my last. It's just so hard to go back to thinking the show is good after having read the books. And now they're starting to have spoilers for those too...Inferior dialogue, dumbed down plots/characters, and spoilers for the superior series? No thanks

The fact that Craster's Keep is only 60 miles from Castle Black. That's only 2 days ride/3-4 days march!!! The Night Watch is really a bunch of wussies. Weren't they all completely exhausted and needed a few days rest once they reached the Keep at the beginning of ACoK.

Also Bran's wig :stunned:

Hah, i wasn't sure if it was a wig but that shot when he's backed up against the wall in Craster's Keep I thought "wtf is up with his hair"

So, first, in 4:01 the cast of 300 accidentally walks onto the wrong set and are now portraying the Thenns.

In 4:04, the cast of Thor walks onto the wrong set and now they are basically still frost giants.

Honestly, these characters look so campy it degrades the show. Game of Thrones is supposed to be above this silliness. This is like almost Resident Evil silliness.

2. How the heck is Bran anywhere near Craster's Keep? Its 60 miles from Castle Black. Bran left from the Nightfort. He also left around a month ago. They can't have only gone 60 miles or less in that time.

Archived