no sign of gendry

The last time We read about gendry was the chapter where brienne nearly gets her face torn off at the inn, where gendry is working as a Smith. Then I remember him killing biter. Im only a few chapters from the end of ADWD but why the hell haven't we saw any appearance from gendry anywhere or any slight mention. Just wondering if he will be in the next installment and what his role in the novel will be?

Whats your views?

Yeah I almost forgot about that oops :P. Yeah I wonder what significance he will bring in the winds of winter or whether he will be mentioned in it at all. I sort of got the feeling that where GRRM left Gendry's storyline it seemed that, he would almost certainly be coming back in some way shape or form. Just sort of missed hearing about him because I think he's awesome even though he's very stubborn (another trait he gets from the Baretheons I suppose). Thanks for the reply :)

Yeah that's what I'd thought, it was kind of a shame when no one crossed paths with him really but it's all down to the situation and the circumstance for the chracters to be in the right place at the right time. It almost seems like in ADWD GRMM has deliberately made sure that the main POV chracters never really cross paths with SOME of the frequent non-POV chracters like gendry etc. personally like you said RT I think that if Jaime or brienne survive it through the new novel then they should come across gendry. Most people don't really think much of gendry with him not being a POV character even though, he has been in a few characters points of views. I think since the last time we saw him he had obviously killed biter to help the lady brienne then I believe he should definitely fit in somewhere in brienne or jaimes chapters in the future. With brienne being a honourable lady and always making sure she repays people's kindness and jaime being a lannister and 'a lannister pays his debts'. Maybe he will come across Gendry and take him on as a squire because he saved briennes life at the inn. Just my opinion so far :) sorry for the long paragraph replies :/

Yeah that's what I'd thought, it was kind of a shame when no one crossed paths with him really but it's all down to the situation and the circumstance for the chracters to be in the right place at the right time. It almost seems like in ADWD GRMM has deliberately made sure that the main POV chracters never really cross paths with SOME of the frequent non-POV chracters like gendry etc. personally like you said RT I think that if Jaime or brienne survive it through the new novel then they should come across gendry. Most people don't really think much of gendry with him not being a POV character even though, he has been in a few characters points of views. I think since the last time we saw him he had obviously killed biter to help the lady brienne then I believe he should definitely fit in somewhere in brienne or jaimes chapters in the future. With brienne being a honourable lady and always making sure she repays people's kindness and jaime being a lannister and 'a lannister pays his debts'. Maybe he will come across Gendry and take him on as a squire because he saved briennes life at the inn. Just my opinion so far :) sorry for the long paragraph replies :/

Well Gendry has been knighted, so I don't think he would agree with becoming a squire. :) perhaps a spot as a household knight though..

Haha sorry yeah that's what I meant I get mixed up with a lot of the names for positions when I post late at night :/. Yeah I forgot about him being knighted that's cool so yeah I think he would agree to be some sort of household knight definitely. Of course of the chance ever comes :)

• 1 month later...

The fact that Gendry survived the Goldcloaks and Melisandre's plan, means there's probably something very important in store for him.

No way he won't one day bump into Arya either, It is known.

Archived