Any Owen Teale (Alliser Thorne) appreciation?

Does anyone of you think, Ser Alliser will bite the dust in ep. 9? I'm hoping not, but we saw him in close fight with Tormund in the teaser, which will not be very healthy for him at least. So, any thoughts?

I hope not. I want to see

him nod curtly at Jon after Jon has Edd fetch him a block in S5!

The actor plays the role perfectly. It's hard to believe he wasn't even their first choice.

I could watch his interactions with Jon all day.

Does anyone of you think, Ser Alliser will bite the dust in ep. 9? I'm hoping not, but we saw him in close fight with Tormund in the teaser, which will not be very healthy for him at least. So, any thoughts?

I very much doubt it. The character isn't dead yet in the books, and given how well Owen Teale performs with Kit Harington, I doubt the producers would want to pass up on the opportunity of the roles being reversed and Alliser having to take orders from Jon.

I adore Teale's performance. I drink it all up everytime, he's just drips contempt. He does such a great asshole, but with his story beyond the Wall he puts everything in perspective so you can't help but at least understand his motives for being harsh as fuck. And I didn't think about his reaction to R+L=J either, makes my mind wander to happy places :) I wonder if that would make him...appreciate(?) him more or just make him go batshit and lose his mind. I imagine many eye twitches in Thorne's future if we get confirmation

I think show!Allister is way better than the book version, and most of that comes from Teale's performance. Like, you can tell he has reasons for being like that, while in the books he's just evil for the sake of being evil.

I didn't like how he decided to send Jon to his mission just so he could get rid of him. I feel that's a bit out of character for the show version, but then again, all kinds of folks were out of character in the last couple episodes :dunno:

First saw Owen Teale as Will Scarlett in a Robin Hood film and he had left a strong positive impression upon Me. When I saw he was going to be in GOT I was most pleased. He has not disappointed.

Archived