Supernatural 3

The Amethyst Empress

That was a really good episode and it was great to get back to the central storyline after several tedious filler episodes. Also, finally, it has been confirmed that Chuck is God. I've been telling my wife this for years and at long last I got the chance to say those three magic words: "Told you so!":smug:

Anyone else get the feeling that this ends with Chuck dying? Metatron looked pretty choked up when he got to the end of Chuck's autobiography.

yes the God episode they finally did it after dancing all around it and doing every other mythic being and beast, God at last!

I thought they did a great job of hitting all the right notes, too!   Not just the guitar ones, but the script.

Metatron said what needed saying.   And the sin of thinking you can know the mind of God was committed!  By showing us his psychology, and using it to explain quite well how the world got the way it is.  We disappointed God so often and then God went into a kind of denial and wallowed away his misery as Chuck to try and see why we have such a tough time getting in shape.   It's a great way of rationalizing (through a religious filter) how the world is the way it is.

And yes I think God has always foreseen it going badly once he exposes himself to Amara, that's why there was that painful-faced line in his song, ~ "One day you'll call my name and find that I'm gone."    That's a different kind of gone than what He's been up till now.   It's the gone gone type of obliteration he just put himself at risk of by staking himself to the Earth and saying to Amara, "This is the world You can't have."   Big Trouble brewing, because Chuck must have just blipped Himself onto Amara's radar;  she knows He's surfaced and now it's on.

It's too bad that so many reviewers have given up on this show because the last few episodes have been damn good. Curtis Armstrong and Rob Benedict are turning in some great work here that's just going to go unacknowledged. 

I actually had to look up to see if they are renewed for next season because the episodes have been so good I was expecting it to end. Looks like they have a new show runner and Carver is stepping down. Hopefully they continue to write at this level because I've loved this half of the season. 

I have a feeling Ackles may not renew his contract. I hope I'm wrong but as much as I'm sure they want a steady huge paycheck I'm sure they also want to put their talent to other use. If they both continue for another season that should probably be the last one. As much as I love the show it can only go so far. 

This is certainly the best season since 4/5. I feel like they've made some questionable choices in writing Lucifer and God, though.

So, Chuck can't rebuild or heal Michael, Gabriel or Rafael - because archangels "aren't that easy" or something - yet he heals Lucifer, after having the shit beaten out of him by Amara, with the flick of a wrist.

Secondly, Dean comments "These apes saved your ass" to Lucifer - and Lucifer immediately snaps his fingers trying to obliterate Dean and Sam? In front of God, really? IIRC, he's never attempted to flat-out eradicate them over a passing remark. Seemed like a force-fed flaunt of Chuck's powers, but at the expense of Lucifer's character. 

Besides that, this season has been great. The episode from the Impala's POV was possibly my favourite of all time. Give me another 11 seasons.

Archived