GOODKIND IX - Killer Queen

MinDonner

And who can complain about a lack of Furry Sex tensions in SoT after revelations such as that? :P

Who's complaining? I'm still waiting for a Gratch/Richard Slash in SoT...

And I'm still not sure if Gratch is still alive...

:lol:

From the latest traffic on my blog, it looks like someone posted the link to the parodies on the Goodkind forum... but when I went over there to have a look, the thread had been deleted :( Did anyone see what it said?

I also have a great comment on the main parody page from some illiterate tosser who thought all the details in the crib sheet were completely wrong. I think he must have been thinking of some different books...

Damn. I missed that.

Anonymous said...

LMFAO

Have you even read the SoT series, or are you just going off of what you have seen at that acne-ridden teenage mastabitory site? I don\\\'t recognise much of anything from that list of happenings in the book. At least you said you got it off a thread that openly mocks Terry\\\'s books, so hopefully nobody with half a brain will actually think any of this crap is actually what happens in the books. lol...

Sounds like mystar, but I could be wrong....It sounds like him, especially the LMFAO

Hmm, I wouldn't bet on it being mystar, he's pretty good about slapping his name onto his posts, doesn't seem to like doing it anonymously. I wonder if this particular douchebags problem stems from the fact that these parodies are working with materials other than SoT, and that by and large it is Terry (BBNC)'s characters being introduced into other writers worlds and stories.

Hmm, I wouldn't bet on it being mystar, he's pretty good about slapping his name onto his posts, doesn't seem to like doing it anonymously. I wonder if this particular douchebags problem stems from the fact that these parodies are working with materials other than SoT, and that by and large it is Terry (BBNC)'s characters being introduced into other writers worlds and stories.

Maybe he didn't know how to put his name on the post, or he forgot. :P It sounds terribly like him, but if that's not him, then I will apologize for being unfair. Mystar is not the only TG (BBNC) fan out there that will defend TG (BBNC) tooth and nail.

The poster was complaining about the crib notes being 'inaccurate', not the parodies themselves, but it is possible that the poster just confused the parodies with the crib notes MinDonner made.

And look, 17 posts to go before GK X...

MinDonner

Fantastic blog. A minor suggestion, perhaps you should add an excerpt from the Betty (The Noble Goat) QotD to your main parody page? Since many of the parodies feature “all the men laughed†and similar phrases, it might be helpful to explain where it derives from.

As much as it pains my soul to read this drivel again, I located the exact quote:

After Richard picked up his pack and slipped his arms through the straps, Owen gripped Richard's hand. "Thank you, Lord Rahl, for showing me that my life is worth living."

Marilee stepped forward and hugged him. "Thank you for teaching Owen to be worthy of me."

Richard laughed. Owen laughed. Cara gave Marilee an approving clap on the back. And then all the men laughed.

Betty pushed in and with a flurry of tail wagging got the point across that she didn't want to be left out.

Richard knelt down and scratched Betty's ears. "And you, my friend, from now on I don't want you letting any Slides using you to spy on people."

Betty pushed her head against his chest as he scratched her ears, and bleated as if to say she was sorry.

I’m not sure if it’s already on your page, I didn’t see it however – but I would suggest you include Hard But Soft’s brilliant TG fan fiction: http://www.mfbb.net/demonspawn/demonspawn-...-1953.html#1953

Maybe he didn't know how to put his name on the post, or he forgot. :P It sounds terribly like him, but if that's not him, then I will apologize for being unfair. Mystar is not the only TG (BBNC) fan out there that will defend TG (BBNC) tooth and nail.

The poster was complaining about the crib notes being 'inaccurate', not the parodies themselves, but it is possible that the poster just confused the parodies with the crib notes MinDonner made.

And look, 17 posts to go before GK X...

There seems to be only one error in the crib notes. The Imperial Order doesn't force captives to eat their own testicles. Enemy testicles are a delicacy that is enjoyed by the troops of the Order. The only time someone is forced to eat their own balls is near the end of WFR when Kahlan forces Demmin Nass (who has been touched by her power) to castrate himself and then chow down.

There seems to be only one error in the crib notes. The Imperial Order doesn't force captives to eat their own testicles. Enemy testicles are a delicacy that is enjoyed by the troops of the Order. The only time someone is forced to eat their own balls is near the end of WFR when Kahlan forces Demmin Nass (who has been touched by her power) to castrate himself and then chow down.

...Ah. Didn't notice that. Seems like everyone's eating testicles in GK's world nowadays. :P

(funny, there's a soup in my country called soup no. 5. It's main ingredient are bull's balls. Supposed to be an aphrodisiac)

Oh, by the way, does Gratch make an appearance in Phantom? What had happened to him? (what does he look like, I am wondering again...all I know is he's furry)

...Ah. Didn't notice that. Seems like everyone's eating testicles in GK's world nowadays. :P

(funny,there's a soup in my country called soup no.5. It's main ingredient are bull's balls. Supposed to be an aphrodisiac)

Oh, by the way, does Gratch make an appearance in Phantom? What had happened to him? (what does he look like, I am wondering again...all I knowis he's furry)

What country are you from, so I know not to go there. :o

Gratch doesn't make an appearance. My theory is that he and all the other Gars are dead due to the chimes (everything that depended on magic to survive died). He looks like a big brown winged gorilla with glowing green eyes, I think. Like the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz (a parody that should be done soon by someone, please?) only bigger.

I came here because I love ASOIAF but will be staying for the QOTD :rofl: I've often thought about reading his stuff but a dip into WFR and the quotes here have persuaded me not to...

I had a quick look on the 'official' Goodkind site and noticed that it's the only board that does not have an 'other literature' section in the forum, it's Terry Terry Terry all the way :cry: Don't think I'll be registering there...

Keep it coming MMM :D

What country are you from, so I know not to go there. :o

Gratch doesn't make an appearance. My theory is that he and all the other Gars are dead due to the chimes (everything that depended on magic to survive died). He looks like a big brown winged gorilla with glowing green eyes, I think. Like the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz (a parody that should be done soon by someone, please?) only bigger.

I'm from the Philippines. :P

Ah. Thank you. I haven't read much wizard of oz, but I could do a beauty and the beast parody, with gratch as the beast, and Richard as the beau-er, I mean Brawn in a dress.

Wait, her horse is Sa'din? Shouldn't HER horse be named Sa'dar? :lol:

I cought that too. Quite a coincidence. This is an extra-special horse, in the midst of Nicci laying waste to all the IO troops, to the point where there was so much blood on the ground that it was muddy from it, this horse trots through all the carnage and helps Nicci get on its back, then races her back to the city. I would have thought a horse would be a bit spooked by all the destruction and slaughter, but I guess I just don't know much about horses. Apparently Nicci is also a horse whisperer (of the Dark).

Mad Moose you are one of those people who insist on knowing what type of car the hero is driving and why it does not have a fuel injection system. The details are irrelevant only the story is important. And the story of TG (BBHN) is the most important story ever told, hence the details matter even less. That GRRM saying that the devil is in the details knows nothing!

Mad Moose you are one of those people who insist on knowing what type of car the hero is driving and why it does not have a fuel injection system. The details are irrelevant only the story is important. And the story of TG (BBHN) is the most important story ever told, hence the details matter even less. That GRRM saying that the devil is in the details knows nothing!

I don't think I'm that bad when it comes to the details. I don't really care what type of car the hero is driving most of the time, its just that when the car suddenly starts acting like Kit from"Night Rider", I think some kind of explanation is in order. With that in mind, perhaps David Hasselhoff should play Richard in the movie.

eta: Wert is offline, who out there is going to start the new thread? And do we have consensus on the title "Lemmings of Discord"?

Yes I think the Hoff would bring just the right level of gravitas to the role. Good call MM :D

BTW, the fuel injection thingy was from the TG speach link a few pages back. It did not come off the top of my head, just noting that TG cares not for the details because he claims the story is the important thing, and it is not fantasy story at all of course but a novel about the nobility of the human spirit.

Pity really that the story is in fact such a poorly written pulp fantasy page turner of the lowest quality otherwise it might not be that bad. But then there is no such thing as a contradiction so what do I know :huh:

ETA: Lemmings of Discord sounds good to me :D

I should think so.

I hope you appreciate the help I am giving to get this to 400 posts MM. I know you just want to start the new thread so you can drop todays QotD into a nice fresh thread :D

Hopefully people will not take this as being spam, we save that for TTTNE of course. Speaking of which we never see you there anymore MM, have you become so inmired by TG that you can no longer escape this thread and visit others from time to time?

I'm gonna go ahead and start the new one, and yes MG, I was waiting for the new thread to drop in the QotD. As for other threads, I've been taking a break, kind of a spam vacation, but never fear, I'll be back.

Archived