Who are you favorite characters in the show?(possible S1-4 spoilers)

jorahthemormont

Alive or dead, doesn't matter

1. Jorah Mormont - A formerly landed knight and great warrior, now part of the Khaleesi's Queensguard.

2. Tyrion Lannister - The Imp, youngest child of Tywin Lannister. Witty, fun, and never afraid to speak his mind.

3. Eddard Stark - The perfect fantasy hero, which is why he died before the end of the first season. Although he is dead, his influence is still felt through his friends and family.

4. Davos Seaworth - Once a smuggler on the high seas, during the siege of Storm's End he snuck onions in for Stannis Baratheon and his troops and was elevated to lordship for this. Although his reasons for doing so are unknown, it is known that he is a very awesomely awesome person.

5. Ygritte - Strong, Independent and beautiful, A Wildling raider who didn't take shit from anyone.

There's a short list of mine, what are yours?

• 2 weeks later...

It varies per season... In season 4:

1. Tyrion (Dinklage owning it)

2. Reek (Alfie is a great actor and has good material to work with)

3. Jon (the best is yet to come, but Kit hasn't had a bad scene so far! he has improved a lot)

4. Sansa (they are taking this one quickly, so it's quite fun. and who doesn't love poor Sansa?)

5. Oberyn (badass, witty and with no shits given)

6. Jamie (aside from that one scene, he has been very good as always)

7. Bran (one of my favorites in the books, which also translates to the show)

8. Arya/The Hound (not enough material, though she is overall my favorite)

9. Brienne/Pod (I am loving it so far, and knowing what's coming in these next four episodes definitely bumps her up)

For this show, I don't pick favourites. I just like to sit back and watch all these amazing characters go about their journey.

However, based on how enjoyable I find their scenes, I would go:

1. Tyrion

2. Theon

3. Sansa

4. Robb

5. Jaime

6. Varys

7. Oberyn

8. Bran

9. Cersei

10. Danaerys

Tywin, Cersei, Sansa, Joffrey, Bronn and The Hound.

Not far behind are Oleanna, Ned, Jaime, Jorah, Davos, Ygritte, Tormund, Varys, Baelish and Pod.

In general the Lannisters have owned the show, although I'm one of those rare weirdos who finds Tyrion the least interesting one – especially once he decided to become responsible and tried to be a one woman man. Aside from the Lannisters it's Bronn and The Hound, and many's the episode when one or both of them have been the highlight.

Sansa is, against all odds, my favourite of the Starks. This should be maybe the most tedious character on the whole show – the sheltered, spoiled princess whose dreams were broken before fate washed her along in a gilded cage – but Sophie Turner, for an actor who's still just a kid, is amazing. That's a character who, on paper, should bore the bejebus out of me, but with a mastery of nuance befitting of someone with much, much more experience than she has Turner makes her one of the most compelling and soulful characters on this show or any show.

I'd love to chose Theon, since Alfie Allen is giving one of the best performances not just on the show, but in television history, but it's never been any fun to watch. Joffrey may have been orders of magnitude more evil, but at least he was having a good time. Theon's broken soul was a drag long before Ramsay broke his spirit.

This one might be out of left field, but I also like Grey Worm a lot. Seeing the hurt and fury in his eyes during the scene with Missandei broke my heart a little bit.

I will be mentioning here not my favourite characters overall, since they pretty much match my favourites in the books (Jaime,Tyrion and the Hound), but the characters I like more in the TV series:

Theon: as somebody else said, Alfie nails every single scene in a mindblowing way. There's a lot of talking about Dinklage's awesomeness (rightly, he's brilliant), but not enough about Allen's.

Bronn: He's fantastic, funny and convincing and just a laugh.

Tywin: Charles is so perfect that has to be mentioned in this list.

Podrick: This show needed a bit of adorable.

Oberyn: I mildly liked him in the books, after seeing on the show I am like a teenage fangirl.

Finishing Season 1 today, but from what I've seen and read from later stories..

I picked characters that are alive, that's the only reason why Ned Stark is not on this list as number 2 or 1.

5) Bronn&Jorah- They are very similar too me. I even got them confused once. I like them both. (Bronn more probably)

4) Arya Stark- She's freaking BADDD.

3) Jon Snow- I like his whole story arc, and I love the Wall scenes.

2) Tyrion- His speech in the 406 alone.

1) Littlefinger- I like every scene he's in. I love all of the other characters, but he's just one of my favorites. Don't know why.

HONORABLE MENTION-

Theon Greyjoy- I didn't like him at first, but then he saved Bronn. It seems like he wants to do good, and most of the time he will, he just seems like a douche doing it.

Dany- I never could board the BEST CHARACTER EVER bandwagon. She's awesome no doubt, but her story just kind of bores me, with the occasional awesome scene. I like her though. And I definitely do not want to cross her.

Suprise though. Joffrey is not my most hated character.

This may be off topic, but my top 5 hated are

5)Lysa

4)Joffrey

3)Cercie(YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TRYING TO SPELL)

2)Dany's brother (CAN'T SPELL THAT EITHER)

1)Breastfeeding Robin

The OP asks for 'favorite characters'. I interpret favorites to be those characters that I would like to see get a happy ending. Since the odds are against such a thing, I winnowed my list down to be very small -- Tyrion, Jon Snow, and Dany are all tied for first. I worry about Arya,

Archived