Who are you favorite characters in the show?(possible S1-4 spoilers)

jorahthemormont

• 2 weeks later...

Series Regulars:

Ah so many:

Tyrion (just awesome this season)

Jon (slowly going to become one of my favourite characters on the show, since A Dance with Dragons is Jon at his finest)

Arya

Robb

Ned Stark

Margaery

Brienne

Jorah Mormont

Bronn

Jaime

The Hound

Davos

Tywin

Theon

Series Recurring:

Oberyn Martell (better than book portrayal)

Olenna Tyrell

Ellaria Sand

Podrick Payne

Mance Rayder (mainly because I love the actor)

HODOR

Shireen Baratheon

• 3 weeks later...

My favourites in terms of who I enjoy watching and inevitably end up rooting for:

- Jon Snow

- Tyrion

- The Hound

- Oberyn

Characters I love to dislike and add to the show:

- Ramsay Snow

- Tywin, Joffrey (obviously won't be in it moving forward)

- Cersai

Am a bit indifferent on Dany, I enjoyed the early part of her story but like it the books it's becoming boring and now I just look forward to her inevitable death.

For characters to 'follow', it's changed slightly from season to season (I watched s1-3 in fairly quick succession on DVD, after reading most of the books) - e.g. season 1 Ned, Daenerys and Tyrion, while by season 4 I was less interested in what was happening to Daenerys and more with Davos and Arya (Arya was always a favourite from the books, but she started to steal the show from the unexpected scenes with Tywin and more so from her extended adventures with the Hound). Sansa has also grown on me from complete indifference at the beginning through empathy to looking out for her in s4.

Other than that, characters I think were particularly enjoyable to watch include Tywin, Joffrey, Cersei, Sandor Clegane, Oberyn and Ramsay, as well as Theon in his last scenes, plus for less regular appearances Brienne of Tarth, Jeor and Jorah Mormont, Ser Barristan, Maester Aemon, Ygritte, Sam Tarly, Olenna, Syrio, and Jaqen H'ghar. I'm not particularly drawn either to Kit Harrington's Jon Snow (I like the character from the books, don't at all mind Kit's portrayal, but somehow find series Jon not that compelling) or Jaime Lannister.

1. Theon Greyjoy (my favourite now and always!)

Ramsay Bolton (always Bolton, NEVER Snow)

Jaime Lannister

Davos seaworth

Sansa Stark/ Jon snow (I know i’m cheating but I really can’t chose! They’re both way too awesome to not be in my top 5)

Asha (Yara) Greyjoy

Roose Bolton

Lancel Lannister

Tywin Lannister

Arya Stark

I will always root most for

1. Tyrion

2. Arya

3. Sam

4. Brienne

5. Dany

6. Davos

7. Jon

Though my favorite characters to watch are

1. Tyrion

2. Arya

3. Jaime

4. Cersei

5. Margaery

6. Olenna

7. Dany

8. Theon

And those fascinating deceased: Tywin, Oberyn, Catelyn

Theon (although the decision to make him a clueless fool most of the time is a bit grating)

Roose

Sam

Davos

Tyrion

Jaime

Arya (specially in season 1 and season 2 for the most part. Season 3 and 4 have good scenes with her but I don't care for how they portrayed her arc)

Jon (in season 4)

Alliser

Jaqen

Beric

Balon

Stannis (he is still fun to watch because of Stephen Dillane and some good lines)

Bran

Deceased: Ned, Robert, Catelyn, Oberyn, Jeor, Viserys, Luwin, Rodrick, Locke, Craster, Joffrey (in season 1).

^I didn't phrase well. Yes, he is foolish but he is not completely clueless in the books by any means. There's very few scenes in season 1 and 2 when he is not being mocked or making a clown of himself. When re watching I took that for a character exaggeration and I still think that. Besides they removed most of his more competent attributes. Some of those elements were left out. Example: he is a good warrior, an outstanding archer, he actually came up with the idea to take Winterfell (not Dagmer), at least someone among the Ironborn recognizes his courage (book Dagmer), he was initially defiant to Ramsay and he could keep his men at bay. At worst they seemed to begrudgingly respect him while in Winterfell. They were his men and they obeyed him. And to me these differences are significant.

That's a positive thread so I will emphasize that I like the portrayal in a lot of aspects: his last conversation with Luwin, his scenes with Robb, the burned letter, etc.

At the start, I loved Daenerys, because she has evolved herself and so she has grown up in the course of the first series; but now her character is flat and static and I don't like her.

Actually, I like Tyrion, because he is a big character. He is honest and fair and he is funny. :drunk:

I like also Arya and Sansa, but because i want to see how their characters will become in the next series :cool4:

Archived