Aegon VI Targaryen Appreciation Thread.

Chatty Duelist

Whether he is black or red, it is unimportant. Whether he is capable or not, that is... He would be at least a decent King.

He lacks page-time, we only have the short Tyrion/Aegon and Jon/Aegon scenes to draw an impression from.

He's a quick learner that much is certain, excellent advisors, has an astute mind for politics and his top generals are all competent and experienced.

The Lannisters won't stand a chance when Dorne joins in and the Tyrell bannermen turn on them.

Whether he is black or red, it is unimportant. Whether he is capable or not, that is... He would be at least a decent King.

Well I'd like a "dragon" on the throne again at some point, after Stannis.

Well I'd like a "dragon" on the throne again at some point, after Stannis.

I'd like someone good and capable, dragon or no dragon, since the "dragons" don't have the bet track record, to be honest

I'd like someone good and capable, dragon or no dragon, since the "dragons" don't have the bet track record, to be honest

Yeah, but they could still rally a lot of men loyal to them in the Rebellion, such as Dorne and in the Reach.

Definitely this. Everytime their born you flip a coin.... I actually think the best scenario could be for Aegon to take the throne under the illusion of being a Targaryen (whether peasant/Blackfyre whatever) That way he'd have the prestige of the House and none of the madness. Hopefully he'd ditch the incest thing too, who cares if you've got silver hair if your completely nutty? Alot of the kingdom didn't during Bob's Rebellion.

hmmm i think aegon has great potential as a leader, i really want him to be real. And for him to meet sansa, then she finally falls for a handsome noble prince and they live happily ever after..

realisation that it'll never happen :bawl:

I'm not an Aegon superfan but big ups to him for actually wanting the Iron Throne and like....GOING to Westeros to take it. No hair-brained side quests in Essos, no playing Sim City in Meereen, just hiring the gold company and LET'S DO THIS!!!

*An accurate representation of the current Targaryen family status*

Daenerys: Let's not go to Westeros, 'tis a silly place.

Aegon: LEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOY JEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNKINSS!

*An accurate representation of the current Targaryen family status*

Daenerys: Let's not go to Westeros, 'tis a silly place.

Aegon: LEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOY JEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNKINSS!

Daenerys: I would go to Westeros, but instead i'm gonna run this city into the ground as a practice-kingdom while I try to figure out this whole ruling thing.

I'm not an Aegon superfan but big ups to him for actually wanting the Iron Throne and like....GOING to Westeros to take it. No hair-brained side quests in Essos, no playing Sim City in Meereen, just hiring the gold company and LET'S DO THIS!!!

Here is my argument to those who say Aegon came to late: better late then never.

Jon Connington is pretty cool I think. Along with Theon, I really enjoyed his short screentime.

Looking forward to the war in the stormlands and hoping to see the Lannister´s ass kicked. Doubt he´ll wipe them out completely but will be sorely disappointed if Aegon VI doesn´t take KL.

Saw some foreshadowing that Jon Connigton will pull a Lake Trasimene on the Tyrells, positioning his army along the road, the forest one side and a lake or the sea on the other, while the enemy charges at the roadblock, the second half of his army comes around and pushes the enemy off the road and into the water.

This,he is a good lad but nothing more.

Indeed. Random peasant #147 is probably a good lad too, but that doesnt mean he would be a good King.

I'm reserving judgement on him. The cyvasse incident and his impulsive decision to listen to Tyrion (who he has barely met) over his other advisors are slightly touchy points, and his bravery wasnt all he is cracked up to be with the stone men, but otherwise...we know pretty much nothing about him. I dont think there is enough information to appreciate or hate him for yet.

ETA: oh, and personally I think Varys either overestimates him or was exaggerating to Kevan.

All I know is that when Aegon was unveiled I was all like, "Finally, here's a breath of fresh air." I've always been more of a Daenerys guy than a Stannis man, so I was happy to see a Targ in the running that was raised the way Dany should have been raised. The idea of Aegon and Dany taking back the Iron Throne together and ruling together always floated my boat, so (even though everything is pointing to that not actually happening!) that's why I back him. He's got the right name but also the right credentials.

He's kind of meh so far, a bit of a paper-thin characterization.

And I don't think he's all Varys says: even if the cyvasse accident is often blown out of proportion, it shows that he's not as gallant and noble as Varys thinks (mind you, I'm not saying he's Joffrey come again, but he ain't no Garlan Tyrell either), and he's not so brave, as he was petrified (ha!) when facing the Stone Men and Tyrion of all people had to save him.

That said, as it was mentioned in the OP, he took just one book to get to Westeros and has taken half the Stormlands, while Dany is wandering the Dothraki Sea with diarrhea. That's almost a good enough reason for me to root for him. He's only missing some allies I actually care about

He is definitely a breath of fresh air in the series his reveal was huge!! It also helps that the Epilogue of ADwD was epic.

I like him and his personality so far. I think he's the reverse of what Tyrion said about Joffery: "Not Robert the Second. Aerys the Third"

He wants to lead assaults, showed insane amounts of moxie dealing with the GC, and seems to be a decent enough fighter.

The cyvasse game is hugely overblown, let's not forget that Jon almost physically harmed Tyrion on their first meeting and Tyrion was way less atrocious at the beginning of the series. Let's also not forget Aegon is a king, let's see Tyrion pull his shenanigans with any of the WoFK claimants or Dany and see how that plays out...

I'm much more concerned with Aegon's reaction to the stonemen. For two reasons.

1. Freezing up like that could get you killed next time

2. I think he wanted to lead the attack on SE because of the stonemen incident to prove he's not a craven. Which is leading to his new reckless streak.

He is definitely a breath of fresh air in the series his reveal was huge!! It also helps that the Epilogue of ADwD was epic.

Now we know not all present Targaryens are mad in the head.

The cyvasse game is hugely overblown, let's not forget that Jon almost physically harmed Tyrion on their first meeting and Tyrion was way less atrocious at the beginning of the series. Let's also not forget Aegon is a king, let's see Tyrion pull his shenanigans with any of the WoFK claimants or Dany and see how that plays out...

*Daenerys uses Dracarys*

*Tyrion is KO*

I'm much more concerned with Aegon's reaction to the stonemen. For two reasons.

1. Freezing up like that could get you killed next time

Well, to be fair, how would you react to an attack of raving, painless stone zombies?

Archived