Aegon VI Targaryen Appreciation Thread.

Chatty Duelist

And this matters how? The greatest English kings actually gave a damn about themselves. Didn't stop them from being glories.

Well Joffrey was spoiled rotten and things under his rule didnt work out too well for him or anyone really. I think Patrick is making a valid point in illustrating the differences between fAegon and the other Targaryens or other people vying for the IT.

Arya is the one true king.

"The King Who Doesnt Care About All Of You Stupid People And Your Stupid Princes And Your Stupid Dresses And Your Stupid Stupid Women"

"Lord of Stabbing Lord of Cutting Lord of Death Lord of Wolves"

I agree that it's overblown, but I can't help but feel that it's intended to be important foreshadowing. Ultimately, despite Varys trying to create the ideal king, Aegon is still relatively spoiled. He's always been the most important person and he's aware of this - a deliberate contrast to Tyrion, Daenerys and Jon Snow.

I said this in my last post but Jon Snow was about to physically harm Tyrion.

I repeat: JON SNOW WAS CONTEMPLATING BEATING UP TYRION. Not just throwing a tantrum (which he did) he was also about to get physical. If anything I thought GRRM was showing us how similar they reacted to Tyrion on purpose. I see much more comparisons than contrasts so far.

and Dany doesn't think she's the most important? really? Dany "Titles, titles" Targ isn't a wee bit spoiled? :dunno:

Edit: Forgot to add Robb as another "good" character that have almost harmed Tyrion. He damn near set his wolves on him in AGoT when Tyrion was returning from the Wall. Yet nobody talks about that...

You seem so easy to forget kings like Stannis, Queen Rhaenyra, Robb, and Renly all declared themselves and recognized as kings or queen without being in the throne they claim power from. I used the kings of England, who heavily influence Martin world, because they show kings being declared without actually being on a throne. Aegon is a king, the sixth to bare the name to right.

He lacks page-time, we only have the short Tyrion/Aegon and Jon/Aegon scenes to draw an impression from.

He's a quick learner that much is certain, excellent advisors, has an astute mind for politics and his top generals are all competent and experienced.

The Lannisters won't stand a chance when Dorne joins in and the Tyrell bannermen turn on them.

Um, if Dorne declares for Aegon, wouldn't that push the Tyrells further into the Lannister camp? I thought the Tyrells and the Martells were bitter enemies, ever since Willas Tyrell was wounded (by Oberyn Martell, IIRC)

Um, if Dorne declares for Aegon, wouldn't that push the Tyrells further into the Lannister camp? I thought the Tyrells and the Martells were bitter enemies, ever since Willas Tyrell was wounded (by Oberyn Martell, IIRC)

Tyrells and Martells were on the same side during RR. And I think Oberyn and Willas may have been a bit friendlier about the situation than their families.

Seeeing how the only "dragon" in this book just turned a whole region into a craphole, I don't see your reasoning.

That place was already a craphole. Clean a sewage tank all you want, it's still a sewage tank. SB was a horrible place before Dany showed up and would've been anyway if she didn't.

Archived