Darkstar's parents and his role in ASOIAF

rvtayal

He's no one's bastard.

Here we go again.

He wouldn't be a Dayne if he was a bastard. And why would there be secret bastards in Dorne of all places?

Arabella, you ninja'd me...:)

Ran, thanks... There have been some particularly nasty debates about this...

http://weknowmemes.com/2012/11/stop-touching-me-i-am-the-night/

If he was a bastard his last name would be Sand, not Dayne. He's just some random character, that we don't know much about, which clearly leads to wild speculation. I think the more important question here is why doesn't Shitmouth get this much love?

Eta: ninja'd.

I don't see why there was ever speculation about his father or house, as it was explicit that he was from the cadet branch of House Dayne. The father is probably nobody we know, as I don't think we've been given identities from that line. It is still possible for his mother to have some other notable ide tity or connection, though there seems no reason for her to be. If he has an importance I don't think it has to do with the identities of his parents.

Edric Dayne is the lord of the main branch and we still don't have much about the identities of his parents, except his father being Arthur's brother.

GRRM probably never anticipated that there would be so much interest in identities of parents, grandparents, etc from generations prior to the story, to the point that there are theories about many of them, and even about secret identities of people whose identities we already know.

Archived