Vengeful Sons - Slynt and Varamyr Jr.

Obsidious

So, something that I noticed on my current re-read is that Janos Slynt had a son named Morros, who's introduced in ACoK at Joffery's nameday festiival. He tilted and lost in an embarrassing way against Balon Swann.

Also, there's Varamyr's son who comes through the Wall with the other wildlings in ADwD. Cant remember his name, and not too sure that it's even mentioned, so I'll just call him Varamyr Jr.

Jon Snow chopped the head off of one their father's heads and betrayed and abandoned the other one's.

So I'm wondering if one or both of these people will somehow try to take revenge on Jon Snow for their fathers. I'm not even sure if Morros is mentioned elsewhere in the series, for all I know he probably died fighting on the Blackwater. But if he's alive and still around, and hearing that a bastard who thinks he's top dog nicked his dad's head off, I'm sure that will boil his blood, even though we don't really have any background on their father-and-son relationship. Varamyr Jr. seems more likely to make an act than Morros, seeing as how he's close to Jon south of the Wall. Also that he's a decedent of a skinchanger, giving the possibility that the son holds the same power as the father. And plus it might be cool to see a Dance of Skinchangers; Jon Snow vs. Borroq and Varamyr Jr.

Slynts son isnt or wont be in a position to do anything to Jon. the wildings son probably would not risk it either considering that Jon has been fair with the wildings. the story is bigger than the two people you mention in relation to Jon. also Jon has more pressing concerns in his story like if he is going to survive the attack against him by his NW brothers

Slynts son isnt or wont be in a position to do anything to Jon. the wildings son probably would not risk it either considering that Jon has been fair with the wildings. the story is bigger than the two people you mention in relation to Jon. also Jon has more pressing concerns in his story like if he is going to survive the attack against him by his NW brothers

I realize all of that. Just pondering.

But still, the prologue of ADwD takes us with Varamyr, then much later it reveals that he has a son who is now with the wildlings south of the Wall. I still think that the child will somehow come into play.

Perhaps. Don't see why GRRM mentioned Varamyr's son for nothing.

As for Morros Slynt and the other younger siblings, they're mentioned in ASOS as witnesses against Tyrion at the trial. I don't know if they'll come into play in Jon's story, though.

Slynt's son, if he's anything like his father, will probably be happy to be Lord Slynt and not care much about the rest. What happens at the Wall stays at the Wall so far as most Westerosi are concerned.

Varamyr's son...well I don't know about you but I can't imagine Varamyr having had a close, loving relationship with his boy. I didn't even remember that he had a son. That's how much of an impression the Sixskins family dynamic made on me. I don't think the kid will do anything.

Archived